Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 Northeast Invitational/Area 7 Championship

Over the past several years, I have had quite a few shooters from all acrosss the USPSA spectrum ask me if the Pathfinder Practical Shooters would ever consider reprising the old Miller/S&W Invitational Tournament. This match was always held at the Pathfinder F&G Club in the 1980'2 and 90's. Several of the original Committee members and I got together this fall and we decided to do just that. Our intent is to produce a top quality tournament that will adhere to the production values that make the old matches so great. As we started to work things out, we brought Area 7 Director, Rob Boudrie into the loop and he offered to piggyback the 2009 Area 7 Championship with our match. Since John Amidon was the original Match Director of the Miller Invitationals, I asked him to serve as MD for this one. He declined but very graciously offered to serve as Range Master. I will serve as the Match Director. We are going to try to make this a "Reunion Match" of sorts. We would like to draw as many of the old Range Officers and "Old Time Competitors" as we can into the match. We want to renew old friendships and re-live the good old memories. I do know for a fact that "Rosa" will once again show her ugly face at the range. We will also make an effort to remember the good friends, dedicated shooters and officials who are no longer with us. This will be a prize tournament. We have always felt that performance should be rewarded. We will set the best prize table we can. Unlike the original matches, this one will not be a 3 gun match. We will try to incorporate elements of the Steel Challenge into the courses of fire so that those competitors who will be attending that match can use this one as a warm up of sorts. We do not yet have a title sponsor. When we obtain one, the title of the match will change to honor that company's generosity. I would like to take this opportunity to invite all of the original match officials to come back and be a part of this match. If you are interested in working the match, please contact me. The dates for the match are August 6-9. I hope to see you all there.

Pete this sounds far to good to pass up! It will be great to see some old friends from the old days :D Will entries have to be Express mailed like olden times???

Hi Dan. No, we will be using Rob's self squadding system. We will post more info here and in Front Sight as soon as more details are established. I'm looking forward to seeing you again.

Pete this sounds far to good to pass up! It will be great to see some old friends from the old days :D Will entries have to be Express mailed like olden times???

Hi Dan. No, we will be using Rob's self squadding system. We will post more info here and in Front Sight as soon as more details are established. I'm looking forward to seeing you again.

Pete, I'm going to pass the news to others that used to shoot the Miller/ Smith &Wesson matches. I'm sure Kathie and I won't be the only ones from that group there.

The last match I saw Rob Boudrie at, he asked if I was going to go. I wasn't sure at that time. Now I am. :D

I will be handling the registrations, however, Pete Goloski and his team will be establishing the squadding policy - which I suspect will be first come, first serve. I don't know if there will be dedicated "super squads" - one of many things Pete has to figure out :) It may still be important to get your registrations in quickly once they are available.

Once registrations are open, confirmation letters will be send out within one week of receipt of the registration (usually sooner).

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking forward to the match also. This will be my second big match of the season, only my second season of shooting. I'm hooked, love it. Can't wait to shoot this match. Going to bring the wife and kiddo and make a mini vacation out of it!

We hope to have registration information and applications available sometime next week. Ken--a big part of the reason us old guys are doing this is so that we don't forget the good old days.

I just hope some of the not so "old guys" will be allowed access to this Shoot sounds like alot of Fun!

When we open the registration process it will be first come, first served. In the old days, the match filled up in the first 24 hours. However then, it was one of about eight really big matches in the country for the whole year. Now, there are 8-10 really big and really great matches every month.