Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Brand of 22 are you Shooting?

cferree

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

Now I've finally come up with the best setup I have tested to date. Stone reliable, lightweight, and the lowest muzzle flip so far, almost totally flat shooting with Mini-Mags.

Browning Buckmark, Tac Sol 5.5" threaded alloy barrel, Tac Sol model 2211 steel comp from the 22 conversion kits, Browning adjustable trigger, Heggis spring flip, Tac Sol (Hogue) aluminum grips, C-More red dot on Allchin low profile direct mount, and bevelled mag opening. Still to add is Ed Brown extended mag release and Shoemaker *thumb rest [generic]*/thumb rest. Switching to a late model slide combo has negated the addition of a slide racker. I'm experimenting with reduced power recoil and main springs based on previously done work to see if it can be made as reliable and shoot CCI SV ammo as well (maybe for Rimfire Iron). This has been done with no internal gunsmithing at this time.

The reason for the mag opening work and extended mag release is I find I am shooting more and more events where multiple mag changes have to be done on the clock with rimfire pistols (rimfire Lots of Steel and multi-gun rimfire matches). I need at least one more Buckmark in my bag so I'll be selling both my old S&W 22S and the Ruger 22/45 I won at the NC Ruger Rimfire event in July.

I'll be at the York (PA) IWLA Steel Challenge this Sunday, 10/31, if anyone wants to see this gun.

• 1 month later...

Still playing with different frames but currently a 2011 with a marvel unit 1, the rail has been cut off at the overhangand milled as low to the barrel as possible to allow the red dot to be as low to the bore as possible. Runs 100% with the advantage arms sti mags good practice for nine major.

I shoot a 2000 Buck Mark Bullseye Target model with a 7 1/2" Tac-Sol barrel with a cheap red dot that works great. Just got my girlfriend a Camper model and put the same barrel and sight on it. The only issue I have is it does not like to feed hollow points. CCI's work great.

IMG_0528.jpg

• 2 months later...

Let's see.

Model 46 7" Barrel with a .1 and is not ammo fussy at all (once I tuned up the extractor) and shoots better than most .22 rifles (other than my CZ 452)

Just Chronoed today in fact that American Eagle 40gr solids were hitting the traps at 1152FPS avg (measured 8" from muzzle)

http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp313/LarryG_bucket/DSC07123.jpg

Model 41 5.75" .2 Heavy Barrel (not the common 5.5 Barrel) This gun is a work in progress bringing it back up to 100% with a new extractor, and shoots almost as well as the 46.

Chronoed same rounds as my 46 and they were hitting the traps at 1090 FPS avg.

Both are wonderful guns, but give me a 7" BBL any day of the week.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=40388

Edited by Got Juice?

Pistol:

Primary - S&W 41, Bully Barrel, mRDS sight,

Secondary - Buckmark, TacSol 5.5, Cmore

Rifle:

Primary - Tac Innovations AR Style receiver, MR Carbon barrel, Volquartsen Trigger, Raptor stock, DeltaPoint (3.99 lbs, sweet!)

Secondary - TacSol receiver/barrel, Volquartsen Trigger, Boyd Stock, Cmore

• 2 months later...

Current setup after some more experimentation is:

Rimfire Open gun:

Browning Buckmark (1994)

5.5" Tac Sol threaded alloy barrel

Allchin compensator

C-More Railway red dot

Allchin C-More mount

My own design 90 degree C-More laydown bracket

Heggis sear spring flip (1.8# trigger pull)

Browning Adj. trigger

My own design thumbrest/*thumb rest [generic]*

My own drilled and tapped slide racker

Tac Sol alloy grips

Dawson Precision mag release extension

Beveled mag opening

1911 extended mag basepads.

Weight empty 27 oz.

Rimfire Iron gun:

Browning Buckmark (1990)

Tac Sol 7.25" alloy barrel

Williams FireSight fiber optic sights

Browning Buckmark Silhouette target grips

Dawson Precision mag release extension

Heggis sear spring flip (2.5# trigger pull)

Browning Adj. trigger

Weight empty 20 oz.

• 1 month later...