Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New guy saying hello

2MoreChains

Hi All.

I discovered USPSA in September, and kinda got hooked. Folks over at 1911 Forum referred me to you guys when I first started asking questions about USPSA, and have been lurking for the last few months.

I shot my 2nd match since getting my USPSA membership yesterday, and hope to shoot two more in Dec to get my official classification (Not sure why I'm in a hurry to get my 'D' classification, but for some reason I don't like being a 'U'). I shot three matches prior to joining just to make sure I liked it, but that should have been a foregone conclusion after the first match.

Based on equipment, I chose Single Stack division since I had the most appropriate gear in that division... I guess I could have also shot production with one my Glocks, but seem to prefer the 1911 platform. I'm shooting .45 acp Major PF with a Kimber TLE, using 200 gr LSWC. It took me a few weeks to get everything (springs, bullets, holster, mag pouches et.al.) running smooth, but I got there.

My wife joined up as well after shooting her first match two weeks ago. She's shooting her pre-series II Kimber in .40 cal, and is also in Single Stack. We spent a week or so of tweaking her springs, mags, and bullets as well, but we got there as well.

Anyway, appreciate all the info I've got from reading on BE. I'll probably have more questions later, but for now just wanted to introduce myself and say hello.

Cheers!

Edited by 2MoreChains

And so it begins...

Welcome to the forum.

You will experience a host of emotion as you progress, but by far the most rewarding part of shooting is the friendships and comradery which come from the shooting sports. Overall, you will not find a group of better people anywhere on the planet. If everyone were shooters the world would be a better place.

Thanks for all the welcome!

Where are you located?

Sorry, forgot to mention that. I live in the Nampa/Boise area, Idaho. Or in the USPSA parlance: Area 1. I heard yesterday that the Area 1 Match will be held at the Parma Rod and Gun Club in Parma, ID -which is about 30 minutes west of where I live. June 18-21 (or thereabouts). Hopefully I can attend (work may interfere, but maybe with some prior planning...). Maybe I'll see some of you there.

Cheers

A63474

Edited by 2MoreChains

TwoMore,

welcome to the forums and USPSA as well. I have been coming here for a year now and have been steered in the right direction on many occasions. You will find generosity and a good ribbing too if you stay long enough. :cheers:

Welcome to the Benosverse! May your stay be long and fruitful.

Duane

Would you be the same Duane Thomas who's articles I've been reading for the last 20+/- years? Wow. And thanks for the welcome! I've always enjoyed your writing. Can I have your autograph?

Still into motorcycles?

Cheers!

Welcom, me and my wife were shooting in the other squad at the steel match, you need to come out and play at my house..pm sent

I got it. Thanks! We may take you up on the offer. See you at the Dec 6th Steel Match, if not before. Some practice shooting a Texas Star may be beneficial.... my first attempt on the star resembled a yard sale w/ empty mags and brass at my feet... but was able to keep it to just one mag by the last string.

not sure we am shooting that one, I might be doing the heavy metal match in Emmitt sunday

Welcom, me and my wife were shooting in the other squad at the steel match, you need to come out and play at my house..pm sent

I got it. Thanks! We may take you up on the offer. See you at the Dec 6th Steel Match, if not before. Some practice shooting a Texas Star may be beneficial.... my first attempt on the star resembled a yard sale w/ empty mags and brass at my feet... but was able to keep it to just one mag by the last string.