M&P Pro

ebg3

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any idea on the manufacturer of said extractor? R,

That would be Kenny at speed shooter specialties he is a forum sponsor here.

Thanks Dan. I did go to his website but he doesn't seem to have them listed. I'll send him note. R,

• 1 month later...
A friend of mine has a 9L that he had FTE problems with at the last two matches.

His extracter appears to be sticking out of the slide further than it should (we compared it to 3 other M&Ps) like there's something under it, not letting it go back to it's "home" position.

I think it was going back to S&W this week.

The 9L extractor appears to stick out further than other M&Ps because the 9Ls slide is thinner in that area.....

guys check your chambers

this sounds like the same problem my dept. had with a early run 5906. we were getting failure to extract stoppages with the fired case stuck in the chamber. it primarily happened with the Winchester ammo we were using at the time.

the cause was found to be a defective chamber, where instead of a perfectly smooth and round chamber, there was a slight indentation in the chamber. and it could only be seen by looking at a clean barrel, look into the chamber while slowly rotating the barrel and if the chamber was defective, there would be a kinda shadowy, shaded area where the indentation was.

Thanks Dan. I did go to his website but he doesn't seem to have them listed. I'll send him note. R,

The extractors were just added.

Cool. Now I just need to come up with a compact 20 ton hydraulic press to get the old extractor pin out :)

Any idea what it will take (or how long) to get it legal for Production?

Edited by G-ManBart

The extractors were just added.

Cool. Now I just need to come up with a compact 20 ton hydraulic press to get the old extractor pin out :)

Any idea what it will take (or how long) to get it legal for Production?

We're waiting on USPSA to finish their review of the Production rules, hopefully it'll be ok but we don't know when.

I too have had numerous FTE's with my M&P9 Pro. Frustrating at the least. I saved my hard earned $$'s on a production pistol that I can't trust at a match. I hope ebq3 has a resolution soon.

FYI. I didn't see the extractors on the SSS web site. Am I not looking at the right place?

Edited by RHM L-10

I too have had numerous FTE's with my M&P9 Pro. Frustrating at the least. I saved my hard earned $$'s on a production pistol that I can't trust at a match. I hope ebq3 has a resolution soon.

FYI. I didn't see the extractors on the SSS web site. Am I not looking at the right place?

http://www.speedshooterspecialties.com/cat...ellaneous+Parts

It's down at the bottom for $45, I ordered mine today.

I heard from a guy at the NC Section that he was still having FTE's with an aftermarket barrel. Several other people are using aftermarket barrels with success, so far. I'm still waiting until after the SC Section to start back with my Pro. I should be able to give an update after a couple of practices. I hope I'm GTG but I'm not holding my breath.

EG

I heard from a guy at the NC Section that he was still having FTE's with an aftermarket barrel. Several other people are using aftermarket barrels with success, so far. I'm still waiting until after the SC Section to start back with my Pro. I should be able to give an update after a couple of practices. I hope I'm GTG but I'm not holding my breath.

EG

You can borrow my Storm Lake barrel for a while if you like. I didn't notice any difference when I switched, but I haven't had any ejection problems since I cleaned the parkerizing out of the factory barrel.

EG

You can borrow my Storm Lake barrel for a while if you like. I didn't notice any difference when I switched, but I haven't had any ejection problems since I cleaned the parkerizing out of the factory barrel.

Thanks for the offer. I did a serious polishing on my chamber the other day, maybe too much, so my chamber should be free of any overspray. Did you see any improvment in accuracy with the Storm Lake barrel?

Eddie

EG

Thanks for the offer. I did a serious polishing on my chamber the other day, maybe too much, so my chamber should be free of any overspray. Did you see any improvment in accuracy with the Storm Lake barrel?

Eddie

Group shooting is something I am working on, because I'm not very good at it. I saw no difference in group size or chrono numbers when I swapped barrels.

Scott

Group shooting is something I am working on, because I'm not very good at it. I saw no difference in group size or chrono numbers when I swapped barrels.

I've had a very different experience with my Storm Lake barrel... verlocity increased from 870 with the stock barrel to 925fps with AA&A 147 JHP (new) ammo. Also, group size was cut in half... down to the 2-3" range at 25 yds.

My Pro was one of the very early ones (June 08) - maybe I just had a bad stock barrel (?)

* Edit to add: My Pro has fed and extracted fine with both barrels.

Edited by Xfactor

I've had a very different experience with my Storm Lake barrel... verlocity increased from 870 with the stock barrel to 925fps with AA&A 147 JHP (new) ammo. Also, group size was cut in half... down to the 2-3" range at 25 yds.

My Pro was one of the very early ones (June 08) - maybe I just had a bad stock barrel (?)

I also have a June 08 Pro - have never had an FTE with once fired WW brass. Accuracy on the other hand is very poor with 147's so i may try a storm lake -wish KKM would get one out. Has anyone heard if they are still working on it?

Just requested a Shipping label to get my M&P 9P fixed. Hope they fix it. Does anybody know if they do anything to the trigger. :unsure: I ask because I had a trigger job done right after I bought it.

Thanks!

Edited by RHM L-10

Just requested a Shipping label to get my M&P 9P fixed. Hope they fix it. Does anybody know if they do anything to the trigger. :unsure: I ask because I had a trigger job done right after I bought it.

Thanks!

Word is they will restore your gun to stock condition before they send it back to you. I don't know if this means just replacing non stock parts with factory parts or if it includes replacing any parts that have been worked on.

R.C.

Thanks!

If the sear or springs are our of spec, I would expect you will get the M&P back with replaced parts. You may want to swap stock parts back into your M&P before shipping.

Thanks!

No! They will not mess with any parts that you do not express issue with.

I put the Limited gun up and got the Pro out. Went to the range Friday and shot 300rds with no problems. Shot a match yesterday, 165rds or so, and the gun ran great. No extraction problems or feeding problems. Hopefully it will keep working. Now I need to practice mag changes!

EG

I also have a June 08 Pro - have never had an FTE with once fired WW brass. Accuracy on the other hand is very poor with 147's so i may try a storm lake -wish KKM would get one out. Has anyone heard if they are still working on it?

I don't know if KKM is still working on an M&P barrel, but I've been gently nudging Mike at Schuemann to come out with one. I think it's on the to-do list, but no idea of timeframe. I think maybe the shallow flutes from the AET chamber might help with the extraction issues some guns are having as would a highly polished match chamber. R,