Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

H&K MP5/10

G-ManBart

Had to borrow this puppy for a few days and thought I'd share a pic or two since most folks have never seen one....very fun. Sadly, there wasn't a full auto version available :(

Still, if you need to lay down accurate fire with a zero-recoil weapon using pretty powerful ammo, this is right up there. You'll note that this has the bolt hold open tab, unlike 9mm MP5s...locks the bolt back and you can release the bolt by hitting the tab after a reload...pretty much just like an AR. R,

post-10163-1227069705_thumb.jpgpost-10163-1227069680_thumb.jpg

Is that one of the FBI MP5/10s? I noticed the two round burst logo, and remember the FBI made a huge buy of these in 10mm.

Yep, that's exactly what it is. I don't know of any other organization that has MP5/10s. Sadly, H&K is no longer producing parts, so we bought every last part H&K had on hand (a trailer or two worth of stuff) and will keep them running as long as possible, but eventually they'll all be replaced with M4 style carbines. They tend to eventually beat up the receiver where the roller lugs (not sure of H&K's term) engage the receiver and once that happens there's no way to fix it. :(

The famous "FBI - lower".

Very Nice G-Man...stop by SW Ohio and let's get some trigger time! I would like to try that bolt hold open but then I would miss that "HK slap"

Hope you only "needed" it for fun...

Yep, that's exactly what it is. I don't know of any other organization that has MP5/10s. Sadly, H&K is no longer producing parts, so we bought every last part H&K had on hand (a trailer or two worth of stuff) and will keep them running as long as possible, but eventually they'll all be replaced with M4 style carbines. They tend to eventually beat up the receiver where the roller lugs (not sure of H&K's term) engage the receiver and once that happens there's no way to fix it. :(

Keep us informed when those get de-milled into parts kits...I know some people :devil:

Thanks for sharing!

The famous "FBI - lower".

Very Nice G-Man...stop by SW Ohio and let's get some trigger time! I would like to try that bolt hold open but then I would miss that "HK slap"

Hope you only "needed" it for fun...

Yeah, I'm going to an instructor recert class and had to post some scores, so it wasn't for anything exciting...still, shooting for free is hard to beat! R,

Is that one of the FBI MP5/10s? I noticed the two round burst logo, and remember the FBI made a huge buy of these in 10mm.

i know where 4 - 6 of them are...........in our dept inventory...havent been shot in years...

pat

The local FBI guys brought a couple to a demo day a while back (seeing them roll up with a case of 10mm "Hey, my tax rebate's here!"). A lot less recoil than I expected. Not much different from the 9mm version. Very cool shooting an 18x24 going and just watching the bullets splatter off in full auto (these ones had 'full-happy' switches in them)

Unfortunately the bullets started setting back into the cases and jamming the works, so we had to stop.

The local FBI guys brought a couple to a demo day a while back (seeing them roll up with a case of 10mm "Hey, my tax rebate's here!"). A lot less recoil than I expected. Not much different from the 9mm version. Very cool shooting an 18x24 going and just watching the bullets splatter off in full auto (these ones had 'full-happy' switches in them)

Unfortunately the bullets started setting back into the cases and jamming the works, so we had to stop.

Yeah, they're definitely more fun with the full happy switch! I shot the one in the pic for score today and then did some fun shooting with it. Even at 7-10yds, the second shot in burst mode is barely on a standard target (high and right)....you can hold it down, but much farther and I'm not sure anybody could keep both shots on.

I got to shoot some FBI HRT models several years ago. It was, without a doubt, the sweetest shooting subgun I ever shot. Shooting poppers at 100 yards with ease using 175 gr. Sivertips. Even at that distance, the 10mm was driving the poppers down like someone hit them with a sledgehammer. Multiple round bursts were as easy to handle as the 9mm's. It was a great shooting subgun. Too bad it never caught on.

Erik