Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ohhhh, this looks good

Catfish

I have always felt the Star Trek franchise took a serious wrong turn at Next Generation and never recovered. The heroic, macho Captain, balanced by the super-genius, emotionally repressed Vulcan First Officer and compassionate ship's doctor, the brightly colored, greenish/gold, blue and red uniforms, the Enterprise with glowing balls on the front of the warp engine modules, that's what Star Trek should be.

It was inevitable that eventually we'd see other actors than Shatner, Nimoy and Kelley in the roles of Kirk, Spock and McCoy. I just hope they can remain true to the spirit of the original.

I have always felt the Star Trek franchise took a serious wrong turn at Next Generation and never recovered. The heroic, macho Captain, balanced by the super-genius, emotionally repressed Vulcan First Officer and compassionate ship's doctor, the brightly colored, greenish/gold, blue and red uniforms, the Enterprise with glowing balls on the front of the warp engine modules, that's what Star Trek should be.

It was inevitable that eventually we'd see other actors than Shatner, Nimoy and Kelley in the roles of Kirk, Spock and McCoy. I just hope they can remain true to the spirit of the original.

Totally agree. TNG took itself WAY too seriously.

Maybe this new crew can hang with the original group, if they went to the Shatner School of (Over)acting. :roflol:

So -- in the new one, does Kirk score with the green chick?

Edited by Punkin Chunker