Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Trijicon scopes ?

scirocco38s

I have heard rumors and would like someone here with better contacts to possibly confirm that Trijicon is producing a true 1-4 scope on a 30 mm tube like their tr21 and a 5.5-20 with a mildot reticle. I have searched all over Trijicons website and found nothing but have read some stuff on some of the other forums that somewhat back this up. I really like their optics as I have several, of their scope and am in the middle of a 6.5mm build and would consider it. If it isnt the way I want it I would probably get a Nightforce.

Anyway, info if available is appreciated.

Edited by scirocco38s

They say the same thing every year then come out with a Hunting scope instead.

Talking with the Trijicon reps for years at the SHOT show and they as a company seem to feel there variable power scopes are only made and used only for hunting.

Well, then that would explain why they're running big dealer specials on the AccuPoint lineup. I had to have a distributor, who's one of Trijicon's largest, scrape to find me a TR21R for a customer (but they did, and he's happy as all get out.)

They should make it have 3.5" eye relief, and hold over marks for 400, 600 yrds. :cheers:

+1 on the eye relief but I want the TA11 reticle

Wait, if its so good why is Taran still using an Accupoint?

Edited by TMC

Guy's Not Jake, but im the thread starter on the link for that scope.

the glass is very good the best i have current used and of current i have run ACOG's millett, mueller and a current SB short dot. the 5.5x20 is also outstanding.

both will/should feature several reticle options and be ready around shot show.

ps i do not work for trijicon but i do have some input to them.

Steve

I wasn't planning on new optics anytime soon, but this looks like it may be a must-have for me! Love my TR21, but it's a little deficient in fov at low end, and the fact it isn't true 1x. This looks like it will combine the virtues of my Meostar and the TR21. I think it will be a winner.

BTW, I heard another rumor that Night Force will be bringing out a 1-6x next year! That would be great, but knowing Night Force, it will be out of my price league. :angry2:

• 1 month later...

Time to get this thread going again as it gets closer to the SHOT Show. I'm saving up for this new AccuPoint so new juicy information will keep the excitement going. So, for those attending if you can put this on your list to review and post your findings :cheers:

Not to completely hijack this thread, but keep an eye out for a new reticle from US Optics in their SN4 series.

I'm developing a prototype that will have serious competiton potential. I used it at Ft. Benning and it worked out awesome.

Erik

I was looking at the Leupold Scope, 1.5-5 with illuminated reticle. Looked very good, but not a true 1.0. About the same price as the Meopta. I currently use a 1-4 Leupold from SWFA, it is actually a shotgun scope. If the eye relief was a bit longer and it had a different reticle, it would be about perfect.

I was looking at the Leupold Scope, 1.5-5 with illuminated reticle. Looked very good, but not a true 1.0. About the same price as the Meopta. I currently use a 1-4 Leupold from SWFA, it is actually a shotgun scope. If the eye relief was a bit longer and it had a different reticle, it would be about perfect.

I am new to the 3 gun stuff. Actually, just getting into it (trying to). Most of my scope experience is hunting scopes - low light, large objective scopes for hunting over beanfields in South Carolina. Our first 3-gun scope is the Burris XTR Illuminated. I am really pleased with it. So much so, that I am considering the Burris Euro-diamond with the Illuminated Ballistic Plex reticle for hunting (I am using Black Diamonds now).

I buy my scopes through SWFA - specifically Chris Farris. I had a hiccup with them when I was trying to buy the XTR, but Chris came through and fixed matters.

As for the Trijicon - they donated some Accupoints for our Toys for Tots Match. Naturally, I had to inspect them. They were really neat and clear scopes. I actually was wondering how they would perform in a hunting environment.