Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2008 Pro-Am on TV!

Don't miss tomorrow's episode of the 2008 Pro-Am Championship. For those of you who aren't sure what the match is all about, you'll get a chance to see it first hand. There will be lots of head-cam footage for your enjoyment, plus you'll get a chance to see the closest finish possible at a Pro-Am!

You can visit www.shootingusa.com for more info.

Also, I've attached an application for the 2009 Pro-Am. Sunday AM is almost full...only 10 or so slots left, so don't delay.

Phil Strader

2009_Pro_Am_Registration.pdf

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I jumped on here this morning to post about the show tonight and you beat me to the punch, go Phil!

-John

John, being that shooting USA televised the 08 pro-am got me sponsored by my work to shoot it in 09....BIG THANKS!! :cheers:

It was lots of fun and we missed you. I had no idea until I watched the show I was shooting in 105 degree heat. I just thought it was hotter than hades!

HOT?...Hot you say??

I was close to heat stroke :surprise:

I must say however hot it was ...Dale looked Cool :cheers:

Jim :D

The program never mentioned that there was a amateur match going on. I guess most people watching think all that was there was just 12 people. But what do you expect from a show that couldn't count to four in their coverage of the tie for first at the Bianchi Cup this year.

The program never mentioned that there was a amateur match going on. I guess most people watching think all that was there was just 12 people. But what do you expect from a show that couldn't count to four in their coverage of the tie for first at the Bianchi Cup this year.

Big

I do agree. How are we supposed to grow the sport if it is not advertised/shown that is was an open competition?

I was hoping to see a few clips of you guys in there too.

I thought it was well presented, but only the part they covered.

I too was just a little suprised at the omission of the AM part of the PRO-AM. Jim mentioned it at the very end, that someone could shoot on the Amateur day. Maybe next time they could include the number of amateurs that did compete, over the 3 days, and show the top ten from the Amateurs.

It was cool to see the results from the Pro's though as I never looked it up.

I remember it being 111 heat index. I love the desert, I like it hot, but I was very, very close to loosing it.

Yeah- I liked the show. But thought it was too short and would have like it better if they had some of the rest of the competition. So is that where the $200 plus entry fee goes to? The payout for the professionals?

Not for the am's - Phil put together one hell of a prize table. I think the way it worked out, everybody that stayed got to go to the table and take away prizes worth their entry fee.

I too was just a little suprised at the omission of the AM part of the PRO-AM. Jim mentioned it at the very end, that someone could shoot on the Amateur day. Maybe next time they could include the number of amateurs that did compete, over the 3 days, and show the top ten from the Amateurs.

It was cool to see the results from the Pro's though as I never looked it up.

I remember it being 111 heat index. I love the desert, I like it hot, but I was very, very close to loosing it.

I was about to fall out with a couple stages to go, but luckily some nice guy from another squad saw I was having issues and gave me a gatorade. I really don't think I would have made it without it. I had run out of gatorade just after lunch, but was drinking tons of water.

Funny thing is the last few stages were my best of the day. You probably remember, we shot together and shot within one plate of each other for the day.

But what do you expect from a show that couldn't count to four in their coverage of the tie for first at the Bianchi Cup this year.

I'm not sure I am following you, please elaborate

Looks like there were four shooters that shot a 1918.

I was also disappionted at the almost complete lack of mention of the amatuers. The name of the match is the Pro-Am. I would have thought at least some mention might have been made, especially since several of the amatuers beat the Pros! I know they didn't film any of the amatuers but they could have at least mentioned the winners at the end. And geez John you should have edited out that fat stupid looking RO on stage 7.

Shooting USA came on saying how it was a 1 hour show they were asked to do some 15 years ago or something and when the idea was repeated they only did a little segment on it. It would have been worth a whole show, AGAIN. I too would like to have seen some of the ams shooting in the match. We ARE the majority of the viewers.

John, I also thought you should have mentioned that the Glokworx trigger kit you installed is NOT USPSA legal in production, FWIW.

Ok here's the deal with the Bianchi Cup show, first I didn't produce it, I was there but I only produced the side bar stories. The match results were 1st Doug 1918 185X 2nd Bruce 1918 182X 3rd Carl 1918 176X and 4th Kevin 1918 167X. Again I didn't produce that coverage but based on the X counts these are the positions of finish in the NRA results as well as ours.

The coverage of the Pro-Am was focused on the pro's simply based on the fact that these 12 guys were in it for cash and that's what I made the story about.

And the RO on 7 was moving like a cat for such a hefty fellow, I thought that deserved a little recognition.

-John