Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stage for your review

John2A

looks like a good stage, I'd reccommend a "Setup version" of the COF or more details in the RO section. Like distance, does the door open in or out ? A few extra minutes on the COF description and setup notes means less work for you running back and forth between stages. Setup goes quicker and smoother if directions can be followed by anybody instead of just one guy.

I might likely go around your wall, instead of through your door.

T2-T5 will likely get props and such (which are down range) shot up.

Barrels as hard-cover...that are likely to take a few rounds...can be a problem when scoring properly. (I'm not sure of your idea with T9-T12 ?)

I always felt that a good stage is at minimum 2 different ways to shoot it if not more. I can see some choices in the target array through the door but, it seems like everyone would shoot it the same way.

+1 on that. You could have a lot of people going home for the day if they are set up as shown.

There appears to be only one "good" path through this stage. Consider ways to provide options such as a long shot that might be difficult with an option to run up to a point nearer a target to take an easier shot. You may be able to use barrels in lieu of a wall on one or both of the side arrays to accomplish this.

Consider classifying the barrels as soft cover.

I love long field courses and this one looks like it will be fun.

looks like a good stage, I'd reccommend a "Setup version" of the COF or more details in the RO section. Like distance, does the door open in or out ? A few extra minutes on the COF description and setup notes means less work for you running back and forth between stages. Setup goes quicker and smoother if directions can be followed by anybody instead of just one guy.

:roflol::roflol::roflol:

Someone to help with the stage setup?

:roflol::roflol::roflol:

Looks like it was designed by a Single Stack shooter- which is good. Most of the stage designers at our local matches are Limited or Open shooters. Everyone that has less than 18 rounds in the gun can plan on a standing reload or two. <_<

I agree with the shoot through issue on T2-T5. A simple solution might be to put the targets behind a short wall (could even be made of barrels) and have the shooters shoot over the wall into the targets (and ground behind the wall) with higher side walls to prevent them from shooting them from the side and the possible 180 issue.

The chances of a shooter breaking 180 on T1 or T16 could be greatly reduced by moving them just behind the corner of the wall enough so that the shooter could see them both by backing up a step or two and avoid the 180. You would also need to block them from view as the shooter passes through the door (if you want the shooter to take the targets before passing through the door).

Just my two cents worth. Other than the above, it looks like a fun stage.

Joe W.

Fault lines will help, certainlly could stop Flex from not going through the door... :rolleyes:

Nah, a fault line won't do that. (I can step right over a fault line...pretty ease, I might add. :) )

They are needed, however.

If I can get on the other computer (my better half is on there now), I'll draw up a variation.

I hope this isn't too radical of a change. Sorry if the scale/size seems off. (I'm not much for designing stages. I do like tweaking them. But, I don't like drawing them. :) )

OK...since you were so close to being Revolver friendly...I went ahead and massaged it a bit so the wheel gunners could avoid standing reloads if they so choose. (Pull a target (T10 or T11) and make it 30 rounds and they might beat some bottom feeders.)

It's pretty ugly for us 8 and 10 round shooters. :)

Bum_Asks_For_Change.DOC

- I angled the front walls, to ease the 180 concerns. (that...along with the placement of the fault lines that are through the door...takes away any desire to run around the walls)

- The array inside the door, I moved it to the left. That puts the shots into the berm. It also opens up an option. Shooters can choose when and where to take T4-T7...and choose standing or on the move. Make sure to place those targets down range of the wall, to avoid a 180 temptation.

- T7-T9...the shooter has to get into the position on the wall to get all of those.

- T10 & T11...hard cover and distance...make the shooter want to wait to shoot them until near the end of the stage. (option)

- T14-T16 can be shot on the move and from a variety of positions. But, once the shooter goes into position for T13, the barrel ought to hide T14-T16 from that position. (option)

- T13...gotta get in around the wall

- T12 gotta get into the slot between the walls.

I'd consider adding hard cover to T4.

Limited Six, not always easy to set up stages that are fun for those guys as well as L-10/Production, Limited and Open all at the same time but I try whenever I can. After three years as match director and almost five years of setting up stages I get it right evey so often. lol

Joe W.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Flex set this up on Sunday, great stage every one whined and moaned about the stage.. I love it... :devil:

Thanks for the ideas. I have a couple of pics mainly of the door. New prop but it was a great stage.

Had two GM's Lim and an A open run it in around 12.+ I ran it in 26.+ but a lot of fun.

Thanks again,

John

post-14229-1226939210_thumb.jpg

post-14229-1226939226_thumb.jpg

Hey Flex set this up on Sunday, great stage every one whined and moaned about the stage.. I love it... :devil:

Thanks for the ideas. I have a couple of pics mainly of the door. New prop but it was a great stage.

Had two GM's Lim and an A open run it in around 12.+ I ran it in 26.+ but a lot of fun.

Thanks again,

John

John,

It was a lot of fun to shoot. (It probably would have been more fun if my hands hadn't been numb.) Keep up the great stages.

Nice to hear it went well. Going off what I can see in the pics, I'd probably set it up a bit more spread out (we have bays that would allow doing that).

If the weather holds, we have an extra match coming up (1st Sat of Dec.). I'll see if if our Match Director will run this one.

Nice to hear it went well. Going off what I can see in the pics, I'd probably set it up a bit more spread out (we have bays that would allow doing that).

If the weather holds, we have an extra match coming up (1st Sat of Dec.). I'll see if if our Match Director will run this one.

The bays in Statesville are pretty small. John made good use of the space available.