Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bullet Feeder

cbrussell

Now that the KISS bullet feeder is currently not shipping, has anyone tried the GSI unit? I realize it is a bit more expensive, but does it work well? With the KISS unit still in limbo, is it a worth while alternative?

Thanks

Now that the KISS bullet feeder is currently not shipping, has anyone tried the GSI unit? I realize it is a bit more expensive, but does it work well? With the KISS unit still in limbo, is it a worth while alternative?

Thanks

Wait for KISS, AFAIK the GSI still isn't working right.

I have a couple of the GSI’s and a KISS all of them use homemade collators. I prefer the GSI feeder because you can retain the powder check die; however, I prefer the KISS collator design because it’s simple and it works.

I purchased my first GSI before they had any collators and the KISS system didn’t yet exist, so I had to build my own (if you search here you’ll find photos etc). Later I had the opportunity to examine a friends GSI collator (because it wasn’t working correctly) and was not impressed. When the KISS feeder came out I liked the collator so I built several based on the concept (again a search here will show more detail). The KISS feeder that I have is for rifle (.223), GSI had a prototype .223 feeder at the last SHOT show but that was the last I’ve seen of it.

I have a couple of the GSI’s and a KISS all of them use homemade collators. I prefer the GSI feeder because you can retain the powder check die; however, I prefer the KISS collator design because it’s simple and it works.

I purchased my first GSI before they had any collators and the KISS system didn’t yet exist, so I had to build my own (if you search here you’ll find photos etc). Later I had the opportunity to examine a friends GSI collator (because it wasn’t working correctly) and was not impressed. When the KISS feeder came out I liked the collator so I built several based on the concept (again a search here will show more detail). The KISS feeder that I have is for rifle (.223), GSI had a prototype .223 feeder at the last SHOT show but that was the last I’ve seen of it.

Thanks for this post.

I sit on a barstool to load and with the light on, I can see the powder in the case, so I have no need for the powder check die.

I'll have to search your posts on the collators.

FWIW GSI are only lists 38, p, 40 and 45. Not a thing about the .223 feeder, which I vaguely remember reading something about.

One of the biggest things against GSI - my opinion - is the fact that you have to buy new toolheads for the Dillons , as they are proprierty, and I wasn't about to get 4 more.

Edited by RePete

I got one in last Friday. Set it up Monday Night. I was a little frustrated as i had trouble with the instructions or lack of in some areas. Of course I am the type that tries to do it on my own and then goes to the directions only as a last resort.

Once I learned the system and how it worked I saw the genius in the design. I thought WOW to do this with mostly stuff you can buy at a hardware and electronics store. It has run perfect.

I cant believe Dillon hasn't bought the design or come up with their own that is a little more packaged and refined. Something that takes deep pockets to produce. Until then these things work. I am amazed at how easy and fast loading is. Next step is the Dillon primer tube filler.

I got one in last Friday. Set it up Monday Night. I was a little frustrated as i had trouble with the instructions or lack of in some areas. Of course I am the type that tries to do it on my own and then goes to the directions only as a last resort.

Once I learned the system and how it worked I saw the genius in the design. I thought WOW to do this with mostly stuff you can buy at a hardware and electronics store. It has run perfect.

I cant believe Dillon hasn't bought the design or come up with their own that is a little more packaged and refined. Something that takes deep pockets to produce. Until then these things work. I am amazed at how easy and fast loading is. Next step is the Dillon primer tube filler.

Chuck,

What feeder are you talking about? :unsure:

Chuck

Chuck,

Chuck

I believe chuck is referring to the KISS bullet feeder.

Chuck,

Chuck

:roflol: I was laughing at another post in another thread thinking how funny. It was one where the writer couldn't remember who said a quote he repeated. He then realized it was in his signature. Now here I am seeing a post I made with no reference to which product I was talking about. Thats what i get for laughing at somebody else.

I was referring to the KISS.

We saw the GSI bullet collator at this year's Shot Show; seemed to be working fine. Does anyone have first hand experience with the present machine? I continue to waffle between the two. On the one hand; the KISS retains the Dillon tool head, loses the powder check die station, retains the Redding competitin bullet seating die. The GSI loses the Dillon tool head, retains the powder check die, loses the Redding competition seating die. It may all be academic if the KISS is still not shipping. Still, which would be most important to retain?

If you are interested in a KISS bullet feeder send them an email. They are producing them now.

Hi,

I post the current status of bulletfeeder sales on www.bulletfeeder.com

For questions... my contact info/link is shown on the right side of the page.

Thanks,

Rick / RAK Systems, LLC

Hi,

I post the current status of bulletfeeder sales on www.bulletfeeder.com

For questions... my contact info/link is shown on the right side of the page.

Thanks,

Rick / RAK Systems, LLC

Why did you take the web site down? There was some good info PLUS the testimonials.

Edited by RePete

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Why did you take the web site down? There was some good info PLUS the testimonials.

I found your answer on THR

RickRak2000

The reason that there are no current sales is due to an ongoing legal dispute between my former partner and I. Check the website occasionally for any change in status.

Rick Koskela / RAK Systems, LLC / Inventor

I found your answer on THR

RickRak2000

The reason that there are no current sales is due to an ongoing legal dispute between my former partner and I. Check the website occasionally for any change in status.

Rick Koskela / RAK Systems, LLC / Inventor

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
That's what a buddy was told when he contacted Roger 2 nights ago, as well. Legal dispute has things in limbo.

However, Larry's power supply for the KISS motor had burnt out, and Roger is sending him a new one. So he's still standing behind their stuff.

If anyone has a problem with a KISS unit, please feel free to contact me.

rick@mrbulletfeeder.com