Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dropping my pistol

RangerTrace

Well, it finally happened today. I was practicing reloads in my workout room, over a well padded mat. After one of my runs, I leaned too far to pick up a magazine and knocked my pistol out of the Ghost holster!! I looks OK, but it looks like it landed on the back left corner of the rear sight. Of course it didn't land of the mat.

I hope the sights are still on. I guess Ill find out tomorrow.

Well, it finally happened today. I was practicing reloads in my workout room, over a well padded mat. After one of my runs, I leaned too far to pick up a magazine and knocked my pistol out of the Ghost holster!! I looks OK, but it looks like it landed on the back left corner of the rear sight. Of course it didn't land of the mat.

I hope the sights are still on. I guess Ill find out tomorrow.

Sucks... I've done it and got lucky

HAH!! You guys are duffers when it comes to "dropping guns". Out of Ghost holsters?? When I dropped My Combat Commander it was in front of Col. Jeff Cooper. I was doing a presentation from a Milt Sparks Summer Special got a good grip on the Commander plus alot of shirt, figured the shirt would "pull" out of my hand as I completed the presentation. NOPE!! ity pulled the pistol out of my hand, good news was the safety was still on, but the look I got was priceless. KurtM

HAH!! You guys are duffers when it comes to "dropping guns". Out of Ghost holsters?? When I dropped My Combat Commander it was in front of Col. Jeff Cooper. I was doing a presentation from a Milt Sparks Summer Special got a good grip on the Commander plus alot of shirt, figured the shirt would "pull" out of my hand as I completed the presentation. NOPE!! ity pulled the pistol out of my hand, good news was the safety was still on, but the look I got was priceless. KurtM

Wish I had been there! :roflol::roflol:

Excuse me mister Cooper Sir can I take a pic of your expression to show my internet friends.... :roflol:

I thought about doing the diving..grab...roll..come up shooting manuver I learned at the Mall of America :roflol: , for a split second...then after a bit of a stare I just bent down and retrieved it. Did a press check as I put it away which got a grunt. All turned out well in the end...my E-ticket was presented on a "Gunsite gun retreval device"...one of Janell's fancy pillows off the sofa, no I didn't get to keep the pillow. 50 pushups for a dropped firearm?? That would have been a very light punishment for the Corp. in those days. KurtM

Trace, sorry to hear about the droppage, but I'm damn glad to hear that you are dryfiring!

Well.......stuff happens. And it was my first dry fire session in a long while. I took most of the summer off from any kind of shooting. Not because I'm good enough to take off, but because I must take every opportunity to use our boat to it's full potential. Which means......With 12 months of payments and only 5-6 months of Wakeboard season.........we have to use it every chance we get during the season.

But anyway, I made it out to the Range in Kilgore today for a little organized practice (steel challenge style) and the Tripp pistol is still a tac driver. I was a little rusty, but the pistol was 100%. I went over the 1000 round count today without a single malfunction of ANY kind.

Knock on my wooden head (at least most of the internal parts are sawdust) but I haven't dropped a gun yet. I HAVE caught mine several inches from race holsters before though, which in a match leads to a condition where you couldn't pull a tooth pick out of the shooters ass with a D9 Cat....

A new holster isn't the key, I have the receipts to prove it. Just know what your equipment will take and what it won't and work within those restraints. IMO that is all you can do.