Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Friday Love Fest

jhgtyre

Yeah, I got yer LOVE fest right here pal! Tricked ya!!!! Fill the pages with hate, loathing, and disgust! GO, GO, GO!!!!!

I hate cars. I hate owning one. I hate driving a billion miles to work. I hate new car smell, not that my car has had that problem for a very long time. If you like cars great. I hate em.

-ld

97? 97! It was 117 in the Valley of the Sunstroke, aka Phoenix, a few days ago. :wacko::blink::(

I have lived in Memphis though and I know that 97 also comes with 97% humidity and, at least for me, that is MUCH nastier than the 100+ temps we have in AZ.

Who needs a flame war when you can go outside and get flamed?

-ld

I HATE being clumsy!!!! I'm home from work today with a sprained foot - caused by me - tripping on a stack of boxes. Dangit - I NEED TO BE AT WORK today - the office is moving and i'm not done packing - WWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I hate that my practice sessions got messed up this week

Monday - Fiber Optic fell out after 10 rounds - went home

Tues- Hurricane Claudette

Wednesday - Didnt realize club membership was overdue and code to gate got changed - no practice

Thursday - Finally got new membership

I hate the fact that in my last college course I missed an "A" by .68 percent of a point. ( A = 94.0 I get a 93.32 percent average).

I also hate the fact that I'm so perfection driven that an A- gets under my skin.

I'll feel better though after I skip out of work early to go shoot the IPSC Canada Ontario Provincial Championships on Saturday morning. ;)

.68 percent .....geez.

Hate driving MY car in 90+ temps... NO AIRCONDITIONING (can't afford it!!!!)... have logged temps in car of OVER 115 degrees!!!!! No way to change it. Look like sweaty, disheveled street person whenever making business stops under these conditions. Come home each afternon feeling even worse than sweaty, disheveled street person. Can't make plans or decent social calls looking (and feeling like) sweaty, disheveled street person. Have to park car in sun most of the time. Did I mention that the car was BLACK...? Makes no difference. The baby-blue one I had before that was even hotter. Go figger!!! :angry::angry::angry: Sweaty desheveled-ness suxxxx!!!

I also hate it when my shooting friends lose their jobs and can't find new ones!!!!!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

On the slightly-brighter side: They seem to have fixed the ventilation/AC at the shooting range. God, it was awful in there last week!!! <_<

Other than that, I got a good deal on some nice quality calipers yesterday. B);)

Jeeper,

You can shoot without a fiber optic, it isn't the same as your batteries going out on your dot :D

But I LOVE 2 SHOOT :D

Very true. It happened to me before in a match. It is interesting shooting a front site with abig hole in it. I now know after the second time that brake cleaner and fiber optics dont like eachother.

By the way L2S, you can shoot without a battery, you just dont hit much. :P

It is a pain to shoot without the fiber optic. I broke mine in the middle of a stage. It was a strange feeling to look up there and try to find a red dot that wasn't there. And like Jeeper said it is a strange site picture to have a front site with a big hole in it.

I hate the fact that in my last college course I missed an "A" by .68 percent of a point. ( A = 94.0 I get a 93.32 percent average).

I hate it that when I was in school, you needed 95% to get an A- !!

94.9999999999999 was a B+ and 88% was a B-.

etc.

I hated that!

Man, this is really pissing me off - The other day I was really hatin' something, but now I can't remember what it was. I hate that.

:o

I could hate this, but found it more amusing than anything. Last week I received an order through my online store for 10 XXL T-shirts, delivered to Nigeria. (Fortunately I was out of stock on XXL's, and didn't ship.) I thought that was kind of a weird order, but what the hell, the card went through, right? Five days later I got another order for five more XXL T's, and ten L's. Again I respond in an email, saying that I'm out of stock, blah, blah, blah. In the interim I order an extra 15 XXL T's (the only bad part, as you'll learn in a second). Then I notice that the billing name and address is different for each individual order (U.S. addresses), but both orders are shipping to Nigeria. A red flag goes up, and then today I get an email from Mr. Nigeria:

"ok i will be expecting the items but there is still something i want you to do and the thing is that i want you to remove one item from that and send it as money with the other items cos before i can receive the items here i have to pay some money and i dont have any money at hand to pay for the people that will bring it.this is what can just pack with the other items so i will be waiting for the items about $30.00

thanks you can mail me again at eben4all@ureach.com or eben4all@dr-dre.com thanks once again."

:o:o:o

My reply:

"I've been informed by my merchant account that these orders are fraud. So they will not be shipped. Oh, and I'll be sure not to send you $30 in the mail as well."

So I call my merchant account manager and he told me that he sees this all the time - fraud T-shirt orders to Nigeria! What the hell's up with that. I don't know, maybe they need cloth over there...

So, I guess I should have a sale on XXLs, soon.

:wacko:

be

(benos--)"Man, this is really pissing me off - The other day I was really hatin' something, but now I can't remember what it was. I hate that."
Between that and...
(Chuck D--)"I also hate the fact that I'm so perfection driven that an A- gets under my skin."
...I can rest assured that I'm not exactly alone here...

:D:D:D

Gotta watch those Nigerians! Dood they are so clever.

Last year we got an envelope at work. We were on security level "orange" and this hand scrawled envelope with no return address shows up in the box. I work on a major gas pipeline. (terror magnet) What the heck we decided, call the area boss and let him know. "Sounds fishey" he says, "better call the Sheriff". Deppity takes the envelope down to the local health department and they open it under lab conditions. There's this goofy letter from Mr. Nigeria inside with a sob story about being on the verge of losing a fortune. If we would kindly fax him our bank account numbers to use to claim his fortune, he will share his fortune with us.

"Gee Forrest, maybe we should help the guy?"