Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Nationals Coverage - Old School

Bucky

Yes, Bob smiled when Dave told him he won after the Standards. I don't think he believed it though. He said he wasn't going to believe it till he saw it on paper. But he was smiling just the same. It was an interesting match to watch between the two. Dave shot an awesome first day. I didn't think he could be beat. Days 2 and 3 were tougher with Bob chipping away and finally overtaking Dave.

BTW Bob was shooting a 9mm Glock 34.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to the winners

I would love to see individual stage results especially production on the standards stage. Does anyone know what the top score on that stage was or if there is video

I guess the open is rescheduled for tomorrow. I hope somebody does the cam.

I can't say thanks enough for the live cam. It was remarkable watching it and quite fun.

Edited by shoot

Congrats to the winners

I would love to see individual stage results especially production on the standards stage. Does anyone know what the top score on that stage was or if there is video

I guess the open is rescheduled for tomorrow. I hope somebody does the cam.

I can't say thanks enough for the live cam. It was remarkable watching it and quite fun.

The top Production score on the standards was my Border Patrol teammate Eric France with 97 points. No one else was close on that stage. Congrats to Bob on the overall win.

I was standing behind Bob V when I helped him re-fresh the closed circut computer at the range. His name popped up as #1. He asked me, did I win? I asked if all the stages were in. He said he thought so. We checked real quick and sure enough all the stages were entered. He nearly fell out of his chair in disbelief.

Folks, this guy is a very humble man. Haven't met much nicer than him.

I had to tap him on the shoulder and told him he won. He repeated again, "I won?" I said yes sir and you'd better prepare a victory speech. He couldn't believe it.

I epecially liked his speech at the awards ceremony.

Just a great guy.

Congrats Bob!

Edited by Zerwas

I thought you went to open if you don't meet division requirements....

I thought maybe that's why these 2 appear in Open in the results?

Place Name No. USPSA Class Division PF Lady Mil Law For Age Match Pts Match %

1 Michael S. 413 FY47933 B Open Minor No No No No Senior 1586.5060 100.00%

2 Ron B. 208 TY26238 B Open Minor No No Senior 547.7224 34.52%

http://www.uspsa.com/mr/stage_display.php?...stol_Finals.dat

Or did they actually shoot open?

Yes, Bob smiled when Dave told him he won after the Standards. I don't think he believed it though. He said he wasn't going to believe it till he saw it on paper. But he was smiling just the same. It was an interesting match to watch between the two. Dave shot an awesome first day. I didn't think he could be beat. Days 2 and 3 were tougher with Bob chipping away and finally overtaking Dave.

BJ (on a different squad, I think?) had won the stage before the standards. So, it was about a 3 point race going into the standards ?

On the standards..

Dave

13 - Alpha

6 - Charlie

2 - Delta

(21 total hits)

Bob

11 - Alpha

9 - Charlie

4 - Delta

(24 total hits)

If Dave had gotten one more shot off...and if it were an Alpha...

Wow. What a finish to 19 stages of goodness. :cheers:

These two guys are studs!

Both are shooting Limited-10 next. (Somehow Bob is not on the Super Squad. <_<:wacko: )

From Bob's website: http://www.watchtv.net/~vogelshootist/

USPSA Production/IDPA SSP&ESP

Glock 34 Sevigny Competition sights (FO front); 147gr Precision bullets loaded to 135PF; Kytac holster; Kytac (IDPA) and CR Speed (USPSA) mag pouches.

USPSA Limited/Limited 10

Glock 24 Seattle Slug Plug; Sevigny Competition sights (FO front); Arredondo basepads; 185gr Precision bullets loaded to 170PF; Kytac holster and CR Speed mag pouches.

USPSA Open Class

Glock 17 KKM barrel; SJC Major Compensator; J-point/Doctor slide mounted optics; Dawson Ice Magwell; 115/125gr Precision bullets; Taylor Freelance & Arredondo basepads; CR Speed holster and mag pouches.

Law Enforcement Use

Sig Pro 2340 (Department issue) 40cal; 180gr Speer Gold Dots

Glock 22 40cal; Back-up, Off duty & SRT pistol; Warren Tactical NS; 135gr Corbon Powerballs

S & W 340 PD 357 Magnum; Back-up & Off duty; 125gr Hornady XTPs

Way to Go Bob!!!!! :cheers:

I believe one was Hogue grips and a Glock Plug, and the other told an RO that he thought his magazines were too long..

Edited by mike_pinto

BJ (on a different squad, I think?) had won the stage before the standards. So, it was about a 3 point race going into the standards ?

On the standards..

Dave

13 - Alpha

6 - Charlie

2 - Delta

(21 total hits)

Bob

11 - Alpha

9 - Charlie

4 - Delta

(24 total hits)

If Dave had gotten one more shot off...and if it were an Alpha...

Wow. What a finish to 19 stages of goodness. :cheers:

These two guys are studs!

Both are shooting Limited-10 next. (Somehow Bob is not on the Super Squad. <_<:wacko: )

So the match was actually decided prior to standards? Because Bob Vogel had to be up by three points rolling into 18, since his 24 rounds total out to 86 points compared to Dave Sevigny's 85......

What a match! Congrats to all the "new" winners! Travis, I knew it was your year! Way to go! GO ARMY! And Bucky, thanks for getting an "Old School" thread going- I've been missing it! Let's keep it up for Open/L10- and what a match that should be, too :D

It started raining at the range about an hour after registration opened. Not sure how long it lasted at the range but it's been raining constantly at the match hotel for a few hours now. All berms have some mud coming through and I saw a few that were pretty torn up.

Not sure what the weather will do tomorrow but the forecast has between 50-70% chance of rain.

Edited by BritinUSA

So the match was actually decided prior to standards? Because Bob Vogel had to be up by three points rolling into 18, since his 24 rounds total out to 86 points compared to Dave Sevigny's 85......

Uhh, no. It came down to the standards. One more A by Dave or one less by Bob and it would have been a different outcome.

Sorry for the hijack...

Can someone help me fill in the blanks as to what guns the top production shooters were using? (Having a DA/SA vs. Others discussion)

1 Robert Vogel Glock

2 Dave Sevigny Glock

3 Benjamin Stoeger Beretta

4 Angus Hobdell CZ

5 Matthew Mink CZ

6 Bradley Holt Glock (edited)

7 David Olhasso M&P (edited)

8 Rodney May Sig ?

9 Tony Hawkins Glock (edited)

10 BJ Norris M&P (edited)

Thanks all

Edited by Shay1911

Sorry for the hijack...

Can someone help me fill in the blanks as to what guns the top production shooters were using? (Having a DA/SA vs. Others discussion)

1 Robert Vogel Glock

2 Dave Sevigny Glock

3 Benjamin Stoeger Beretta

4 Angus Hobdell CZ

5 Matthew Mink CZ

6 Bradley Holt

7 David Olhasso XD ?

8 Rodney May Sig ?

9 Tony Hawkins

10 BJ Norris M&P?

Thanks

Dave Olhasso - M&P

BJ Norris - M&P

I believe one was Hogue grips and a Glock Plug, and the other told an RO that he thought his magazines were too long..

Michael S. started out in revolver division. He either went sub-minor, or was using an 8-shooter and fired too many shots between reloads.

A GLOCK plug is legal now, as long as it is flush fit. I put mine in the day I read of the ruling. I hope nothing has changed.

http://www.uspsa.org/rules/nroi_rulings.ph...dit&indx=34

The plastic plug that fits flush with the heel of the grip is allowed, like the Jentra plug. Plugs that extend below the heel like the Scherer polymer slug plug or other similar models are not allowed. Metal, brass or the Seattle Slug plugs are not allowed either.

Rodney shoots a Sig P226

No. He was shooting a Sig X-Five All Around.

mattk

I just looked at Sigs web site to find out what an X-Five was. They had three models listed, all of which appeared to be SAO. Do they have a DA/SA, DAO, or DAK version as well?