Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Found a couple of 625s For Sale

Wideload

Being the victim of high ragweed pollen count, I seem to be spending too much time in-doors in gunshops. Ran across 2 625s that I am thinking about... any feedbacks on either one would be appreciated.

Revo 1 -- SW625-2 5"BBL Looks pretty stock and pretty clean... I am aware of the floating hands and tight chambers discussions and so they would be the first fix.

Revo 2 -- SW PC 625-8 -- Does not look like it had been fired much but it got an action job by some outfit called Cam Works (sp?)

Do you know anything about this gun smith... and my quick search on Google and this forum did not yield anything. The action feels pretty good but there is a lot of side to side play in a cylinder. (Front to back feels tight) Before I plunk down the dollars for this one -- I will want to ask that the shop open up the sideplates etc. etc. etc.

Can't buy both may be able to get one so I have to act.

Thanks

Get the -8. The machining is much better, the alloy and heat treat are better. It already has a good action. It is probably a minor

thing to fix any play in the cylinder. That's my vote. What do some of you other guys think?

I have three 625-8's and I'm happy with them all. One is a four inch JM that won't work with my eyes, one is a Ultradot bullseye gun and the other is Steel and USPSA gun. They have all cleaned up well if you must mess with them.

Get the -8. The machining is much better, the alloy and heat treat are better. It already has a good action. It is probably a minor

thing to fix any play in the cylinder. That's my vote. What do some of you other guys think?

I'd go with the SW625-2. I like the older guns, no lock, no MIM parts and you can probably do whatever you want to it for less than the difference in price between it and the PC gun.

I have a 625-3 and a PC 627. There is no comparison in regard to build quality, in my opinion the ol' 625 is a much better gun.

My .02

Edited by HighVelocity

There is more than one in the classifieds on this forum

I saw 3. Two 4in JM models and a 5in 625-6 tuned by Randy Lee.

I am interested in a 5in model but budget does not allow for me to make a decent offer on the Randy Lee gun.

So has anyone heard of a Gunsmith shop called Cam Works? If that 625-8 pc model is still at the shop.... I am thinking that this is the one to get.

Thanks again...

I don't know anything about Cam Works. What kind of prices are you looking at on the 625-2 and PC gun?

(I agree on the Randy gun.....that price looks absolutely crazy to me.)

$500 for the -2 as consignment sale.

$750 asking price for PC. There is neotiating room on this one.

I don't know anything about Cam Works. What kind of prices are you looking at on the 625-2 and PC gun?

(I agree on the Randy gun.....that price looks absolutely crazy to me.)

$500 for the -2 as consignment sale.

$750 asking price for PC. There is neotiating room on this one.

I have a deal for you if you are interested. Is the PC gun with the 5 1/4" barrel and tapered lug? If so I have a 625 with a 5" barrel that has been Carmonized and the only person to fire the gun is Mike himself when he Carmonized it. It was to be my back up gun and I have never needed it. PM me with the price you can get on the PC gun and maybe we can work a trade if you are interested. I can send you pictures of the gun if you want and also what model it is as I am at work right now and I don't have that with me. Also does the PC gun come with the aluminum case and do you know how many rounds have been fired through it?

I wish I could find some prices like that up here in Canada,

I would love a chance to own a JM 625 but according to our laws a gun with a barrel of 4" is in accurate ad only good as a Saturday Night Special. However if the barrel is 4 1/4 " it is just fine ,but 4" is a prohibited weapon .

C est la Guere

TCF

I wish I could find some prices like that up here in Canada,

I would love a chance to own a JM 625 but according to our laws a gun with a barrel of 4" is in accurate ad only good as a Saturday Night Special. However if the barrel is 4 1/4 " it is just fine ,but 4" is a prohibited weapon .

C est la Guere

TCF

If someone would measure the ACTUAL barrel length on a 625, it would be helpful.

I know that for at least a while S&W made nominal 4" barrels to an actual 4 1/8" because of a similarly repressive bill in our Congress. I don't know if they still do, but it would be worth checking.

• 2 weeks later...

i just called the guy on that same gun on gunbroker today. have you seen any other dealers with one for sale?? i want to buy one to shoot uspsa with. i can not believe i cant shoot my 627 open gun in uspsa. we have to get a rule change and add "open revolver" to the uspsa classes. so anyone know where i can get a NEW gun like THIS?????

Thank you in advance

Scott

i just called the guy on that same gun on gunbroker today. have you seen any other dealers with one for sale?? i want to buy one to shoot uspsa with. i can not believe i cant shoot my 627 open gun in uspsa. we have to get a rule change and add "open revolver" to the uspsa classes. so anyone know where i can get a NEW gun like THIS?????

Thank you in advance

Scott

You can shoot the 627 in USPSA, in open class. You will have to do a few more reloads than the mag fed guys. B)

-ld

well yes i CAN shoot it in the "open" class, aginst semi-auto open guns. i have open guns, and i prefer to shoot my revolver. i regulaty shoot aginst the autos and do quite well, but at a large match i would like to see an open class for revolvers. it seems strange to me to have a rule that limits revolver technology to 15 years ago and never update it. 8 shots have been in production for a long time and are available within a revolver shooters budget.

Scott

well, who is saying anything about 8 in open revolver?? the semi-auto limits have been pushed over the years to now 29 rounds with the 170mm mag rule. who says we cant get 10 in a revolver. I know for a fact that 9 and 10 has been done in the past with smaller calibers. 9mm is the min caliber for uspsa, we can get more than 8 in 9mm with some work. the revolver tech has been stopped due to uspsa rules. icore sets up stages to be 6 shot friendly and thats fine since its a REVOLVER orginization. but uspsa is the place for the super wiz bang go fast stuff. why not revolvers??

sorry to hyjack the thread. i was planning on starting a new thread when i got some more orginization for a rule change.

i do shoot the 627 38 super. i like it very much.

i am still looking for the 5 1/4" PC 625 for a good price.

Scott

Edited by scottyinAZ

I have both a 625 and a PC 625 that have both been Carmonized. I think the two guns feel totaly different. The plain 625 has more weight foward where the PC 625 balances more over the hand. It may be all in my head but pic k up both guns and see how they feel to you. Both guns are a very good price.