Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

College Football!

Jack Suber

Congratulations Jack on those Cocks! How about those Rebels tonight? We finally have a quarterback and offence that can score some points and a coach that thinks outside the box. If the D line ever gets healthy we just might make some noise in the SEC again.

HODDY TODDY :cheers:

I am feeling your pain today.....you can't let up on Wake.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It took Edison over 2000 times to get the light bulb right. We just did on the second go 'round. :D

Rich

Well, after our showing last night, looks like our lightbulbs did burn out.....or someone didn't :angry2: pay the power bill....

Well Jack.......football life does not get any better....it's called "The 3:30 to Columbia",,,,,,,,,GEORGIA>>>>>

I think you lost a win that you had in hand before the half......the 3rd quarter MO qas on the Vandy side.

To the more importaint question what do you wish to offer up in support of your team on November 15.....I have what I feel is an excellent statement bet that would put a smile on each side.

Rick, a lot can happen between now and then....fortunateley, we get two of our suspended O-line starters back this week (weakside guard and tackle). The bad thing is that our leading receiver will be out after getting hurt at Vandy...

• 2 weeks later...

I love the coach at Fresno State, but holy crap. Giving up 54 and "winning" on a missed 2 point conversion in the 2nd OT. What the heck?

I do love that Boise State beat a ranked BCS team...and that it was Nike's baby...Oregon and their crappy "diamond plate" jerseys.

Rich

I love the coach at Fresno State, but holy crap. Giving up 54 and "winning" on a missed 2 point conversion in the 2nd OT. What the heck?

I do love that Boise State beat a ranked BCS team...and that it was Nike's baby...Oregon and their crappy "diamond plate" jerseys.

Rich

Oregon's Nike uniforms are the most ridiculous in the NCAA.

Damn the Mad Hatter and all his corn-dog scented disciples!

Hi Butch,

Yeah...it was pathetic. Completely unmotivated and uninspired play by the offense, mostly the offensive line. Then the defensive line was just crap. Basically, they did the same thing that happens at least once a year and that was looking past a small program. Too, Oregon State is notoriously a "giant killer". Not even the game in '06. Since my freshman year, it seems OSU's entire existence in life is to beat ranked teams (in the Pac-10) and get crushed by lesser ones.

Mike Riley did his homework though and Jacquizz is one heck of a runner. The entire game was won (and lost) at the line of scrimmage. I give it up to OSU. They had nothing to lose and 'SC just played like crap. Pure and simple.

Now we also know why #1 teams don't play on Thursdays. It's bad luck!

Rich

ETA: The saving grace is that it's an early loss and our strength of schedule is still awesome. So a Pac-10 title and Rose Bowl is not out of the question. However, BCS-wise we're gonna need some help in the Big-12 and SEC.

Edited by uscbigdawg

Yeah...it was pathetic. Completely unmotivated and uninspired play by the offense, mostly the offensive line. Then the defensive line was just crap. Basically, they did the same thing that happens at least once a year and that was looking past a small program. Too, Oregon State is notoriously a "giant killer". Not even the game in '06. Since my freshman year, it seems OSU's entire existence in life is to beat ranked teams (in the Pac-10) and get crushed by lesser ones.

Rich

Yeah, I picked USC to win with that huge point spread (what was I thinking, believing all that hype :sick: ) and ended up shafted by the Beavers...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
How about Ole' Miss! :cheers:

Thanks Jack. It appears that we are finally getting it together. No one ever expected the Rebels to go 8 and 4 and now that is a real possibility. I think most folks would have been happy with a 6 and 6 season. Expectations are getting very high for a trip to Dallas and some cotton. :cheers:

HODDY TODDY!!!!!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

Unranked UC Berkeley (Cal) 24; Univ. of Miami (FL) 17; W - Pac-10 (Down goes the ACC)

UNDERDOG Unranked Arizona 31; # 17 BYU 21; W - Pac-10 (Loss for the Cinderella Mountain West)

UNDERDOG # 24 Oregon State 3; # 18 Pittsburgh 0; W - Pac-10 (Down goes the Big East)

UNDERDOG # 15 Oregon 42; # 13 Oklahoma State 31; W - Pac-10 (so much for the Big 12)

# 5 University of Southern California 38; #6 Penn State 24; W - Pac-10 (and down goes the Big 10)

Now of course that leaves the SEC, but hey...I'm sure USC and Texas both have a hat in the ring over who should be playing Florida.

Rich

Unranked UC Berkeley (Cal) 24; Univ. of Miami (FL) 17; W - Pac-10 (Down goes the ACC)

UNDERDOG Unranked Arizona 31; # 17 BYU 21; W - Pac-10 (Loss for the Cinderella Mountain West)

UNDERDOG # 24 Oregon State 3; # 18 Pittsburgh 0; W - Pac-10 (Down goes the Big East)

UNDERDOG # 15 Oregon 42; # 13 Oklahoma State 31; W - Pac-10 (so much for the Big 12)

# 5 University of Southern California 38; #6 Penn State 24; W - Pac-10 (and down goes the Big 10)

Now of course that leaves the SEC, but hey...I'm sure USC and Texas both have a hat in the ring over who should be playing Florida.

Rich

Sad, isn't it? I know that I'm getting ahead of myself, but if Florida does to Oklahoma what us SEC fans are hoping they will do, it will be even more obvious that there should be some sort of playoff.

Look at the last few national championship games. No disrespect intended, but several of the losing teams over the last few years have lost the game before halftime. Maybe next year they'll do something about it :rolleyes: .

Edited by chemepharmd

...if Florida does to Oklahoma what us SEC fans are hoping they will do, it will be even more obvious that there should be some sort of playoff.

Look at the last few national championship games. No disrespect intended, but several of the losing teams over the last few years have lost the game before halftime. Maybe next year they'll do something about it :rolleyes: .

Actually the opposite. If Oklahoma wins, Texas and USC have a legitimate argument to have a share of the Championship, further necessitating a playoff. I'm sure ANOTHER rich USC alum will step up to offer a challenge (Gateway and others were trying to organize a game between USC and LSU in '03?).

Rich

Edited by uscbigdawg

Okay...so #8 Texas Tech (who beat Texas, who beat Oklahoma, but beat Tech), just lost to #20 Mississippi....handily. So this basically IMHO eliminates Texas from the split championship argument (although they still have a valid argument about not being in the BCS game).

If Oklahoma wins; Texas (sorta) and USC have a legitimate claim to a split championship.

If Florida wins; USC and USC alone has a legitimate gripe to a split championship as Florida lost to an unranked Mississippi.

The BCS has officially crapped its pants. Had Tech won, like "they were supposed to", it would have helped legitimize Texas being left out of the BCS. UT WILL crush Ohio State. Then it's a 3 headed monster for who has earned the championship this year (Florida, Texas or USC).

Rich

Edited by uscbigdawg

I think we're thinking along the same lines (me thinking is dangerous in itself). My approach is that no matter who wins, at least a couple of other teams have a legitimate argument that they deserved the opportunity to play for a BCS championship. Sorta like the USC-Oklahoma game around 4 years ago. USC annihilated OK, and Auburn went 13-0 without even getting a shot at a championship.

Any way you look at it, though, there should be a more fair way to give more than just 2 teams a chance when they are all so close in the rankings.