Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

College Football!

Jack Suber

Pact -10 still wins the cup. The games this year have been great so far. USC had a Dominate performance, Ol'miss did what they were supposed to (come on, they beat Florida), Hopefully USC does claim half or Full BCS Championship you will have a lot of SEC and Big (whatever) people scratching their head. I want more SEC and Big 12 team to play the Pac-10, big east is fun an all but i want to see these so called Dominate teams with hardest Schedules come over the mountains. Then we can see which team deserves in the BCS and Bowl Games.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pact -10 still wins the cup. The games this year have been great so far. USC had a Dominate performance, Ol'miss did what they were supposed to (come on, they beat Florida), Hopefully USC does claim half or Full BCS Championship you will have a lot of SEC and Big (whatever) people scratching their head. I want more SEC and Big 12 team to play the Pac-10, big east is fun an all but i want to see these so called Dominate teams with hardest Schedules come over the mountains. Then we can see which team deserves in the BCS and Bowl Games.

USC beat a team from the Big 10 which equates to a mediocre team. Let's face it, the Big 10 is no better than the Big East, Conference USA or the WAC.

USC is a good team, cry all you want, but the National Champion will be either Florida or Oklahoma.

FWIW, USC has played and beat every SEC team they've played in recent years (2 dominating wins over Arkansas and Auburn).

Rich

Yeah, Arkansas and Auburn are middle of the road SEC teams.

Rich, I think USC is a good team, but the two SEC teams you list are in the Penn State league quality-wise

Beat the hell out of Auburn in '02 & '03. In '02 it took a late TD in overtime for Florida to beat that middle of the road Auburn team. :D

Beat the hell of of Arkansas in '05 & '06. The '06 team lost by 36, but the same Razorbacks, beat a #2 Auburn, #13 Tennessee but only lost by 10 to a #4 Florida.

I think 'SC would do pretty well against the SEC.

Rich

Beat the hell out of Auburn in '02 & '03. In '02 it took a late TD in overtime for Florida to beat that middle of the road Auburn team. :D

Beat the hell of of Arkansas in '05 & '06. The '06 team lost by 36, but the same Razorbacks, beat a #2 Auburn, #13 Tennessee but only lost by 10 to a #4 Florida.

I think 'SC would do pretty well against the SEC.

Rich

I think USC would do well in any conference. Auburn back in '02 was a good team, now they are not very good.

I think USC is on par with the top Big 12 and SEC teams. I think they get hurt by playing in a conference with limited talent, they are a big fish in a medium sized pond, and it hurts them schedule-wise

It's a pond that doesn't get as much media love from the back east writers (that are the majority of the writing corps) that can't stay up late to watch a game. It's why it takes ridiculous performances for west coast players to even get nominated for post season awards. As for a diluted pond, I suppose that's true, yet they still find their way on the field on Sundays (the entire Pac-10, not just the top schools in the Pac-10...and yeah...there's more than 1).

That '02 Auburn team wasn't bad. We only beat them by 7, at home. ;)

Rich

It's why it takes ridiculous performances for west coast players to even get nominated for post season awards.

Rich

USC has more Heisman Trophy winners in the past 40 years than any other school. Are you saying those players were responsible for "ridiculous performances" that made them clear cut winners for the Trophy and no one else was close or deserving of mention?

Edited by kgunz11

I think your Very Wrong on Limited Talent, OSU vs USC?????? Ore vs OK State?????? At any given moment in the Pac ten, a good team will get beat by a sleeper/mediocer team. Arizona, Sleeper team, Stanford is usually a team that is another sleeper team that might beat a USC or OSU/Ore.

I bet you set an SEC team or Big 12 team that is somewhat good and play Arizona or Ore (Happened) or OSU and see what happens. Even Arizona State could probably put up a good fight.

Edited by Coolduckboy

I think your Very Wrong on Limited Talent, OSU vs USC?????? Ore vs OK State?????? At any given moment in the Pack ten, a good team will get beat by a sleeper/mediocer team. Arizona, Sleeper team, Stanford is usually a team that is another sleeper team that might beat a USC or OSU/Ore.

Nice Avatar Coldy :roflol:

I know, I keep seeing teabows crying face when oklahoma wins lol.

Tell ya what, I will give you another chance. IF OU wins, you can change your avatar, IF Florida wins, you keep it until the BCS Championship game in the year 2011

Put your avatar where your mouth is!!!!!

I think your Very Wrong on Limited Talent, OSU vs USC?????? Ore vs OK State?????? At any given moment in the Pack ten, a good team will get beat by a sleeper/mediocer team. Arizona, Sleeper team, Stanford is usually a team that is another sleeper team that might beat a USC or OSU/Ore.

Z wins.

Z wins.

:cheers: to all!!!!

Have to give a big :D and :cheers: to my Virginia Tech Hokies

ACC champs for the second year in a row and 3 of the last 4.

1 of 3 teams to win at least 10 games a year for the past 5 years. (Texas & USC) :cheers:

1 of 3 teams to continue a consecutive 15 year streak of going to a bowl game. (Fla & Fla St) :cheers:

and

2009 Orange Bowl champs!!!!

GO HOKIES!!!!! :D

hokie.jpg

Edited by Holliday89

It's time for "Plus 1 BCS Scoring". It would add one more bowl game to the championship series, but would give a second level of struggle to the overall championship as opposed to the single elimination-tiered system in place today.

Something was bugging about matchups in the upcoming BCS "championship" game and recent results.

The team that's not getting enough press and having a dog in the hunt for a championship gripe is Mississippi. Unfortunately their record isn't on par, but if you look at key matchups ('cause it's fun to play 6 degrees of seperation in college football).

- Texas Tech beat Texas who beat Oklahoma

- Mississippi beat Florida who beat everyone in the SEC

So an Oklahoma win = Texas, but they lost to Texas Tech, who lost to Mississippi

A Florida win = Mississippi who beat Florida

Granted this is for major bowl teams/games only (since Mississippi had 4 (I think) losses this year).

Rich

Edited by uscbigdawg

Something was bugging about matchups in the upcoming BCS "championship" game and recent results.

The team that's not getting enough press and having a dog in the hunt for a championship gripe is Mississippi. Unfortunately their record isn't on par, but if you look at key matchups ('cause it's fun to play 6 degrees of seperation in college football).

- Texas Tech beat Texas who beat Oklahoma

- Mississippi beat Florida who beat everyone in the SEC

So an Oklahoma win = Texas, but they lost to Texas Tech, who lost to Mississippi

A Florida win = Mississippi who beat Florida

Granted this is for major bowl teams/games only (since Mississippi had 4 (I think) losses this year).

Rich

Why make it more complicated than needed...do away with the current method to determine the Natl Champ and have a playoff schedule like the NFL does...then noone has to have sour grapes like Utah this year...Texas got by Ohio State, and if Oklahoma ties Florida...then the BCS in their infinite stupidity would probably declare Texas the Champ when it probably should be the Utah team...

It is very unfair as it is now...as is the voting for the Heisman Trophy...and that is why the West Coast schools have more Heisman winners than other parts of the country...

It's why it takes ridiculous performances for west coast players to even get nominated for post season awards.

Rich

USC has more Heisman Trophy winners in the past 40 years than any other school. Are you saying those players were responsible for "ridiculous performances" that made them clear cut winners for the Trophy and no one else was close or deserving of mention?

usc has also passed miami in terms of convicted felons (go o.j.)

It is very unfair as it is now...as is the voting for the Heisman Trophy...and that is why the West Coast schools have more Heisman winners than other parts of the country...

I'm all for a playoff! TL we agree on something!!!!

That said, statistically and factually, schools on the west coast have fewer Heismans. It's a well known fact that the majority of sportswriters and Heisman voters are in the midwest and east coast. West coast schools get less press since most of the marquis games are in the evening PST, and they don't air on the east coast. Of course now that Tivo and DVR and Sports Tickets are available, everyone can watch the game and the beauty of the internet too maybe has what's spawned the recent swing to the west (although no west coast schools were Heisman finalists this year).

However...ever thought that maybe just the best players have RECENTLY been coming from the west coast schools?

Food for thought.

Rich