Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Movie - Tombstone

Mark K

I just love this movie. It is so "good vs bad". Kurt Russell (nearly as tough, but not so camp as his Snake Plisken character in "Escape from New York). The great scene with Billy Bob Thornton is a classic. Sam Elliot (the ultimate Cowboy, mister Macho - well he and Tom Selleck) someday I will have a mustache like his - just last year I missed riding an elevator with him by 2 minutes.

Val Kilmer - this is him at his best. Lots of excellent bad guys - Powers Boothe, Michael Biehn, ..... Even a cameo by Charlton Heston.

This is one movie I always stop on when channel surfing.

Mark

Back when I was a firearms instructor, one of my students was Val Kilmer's ex-girlfriend. She told me that when Val was getting ready for Tombstone, he practiced his gun handling literally four hours a day, for weeks on end. Now, that's dedication to your art!

One of my top 3 favorite "Man Movies"

Doc: "We never got to finish our dance - play for blood"

Ringo: "Oh, I was just foolin' around"

Doc: "I wasn't"

Doc (after killing Ringo): "Poor Soul - He was just too High-Strung. I'm afraid the strain was more than he could bear."

I bought the big limited edition DVD when it came out. Absoulely my favorite modern western movie of all time. So many great characters, so much depth....

Wyatt, you're an oak.

It is a great Western....if you like that one try The Long Riders, also great. The Ultimate Cowboy actor would be Tom Selleck with Sam Elliotts voice...every time I see Selleck, I hear him saying "....but Higgins, Rick and TC will be there to help me."

By the way....

Tombstone is a great place to visit. Talk about a time-warp!

I live about 20 Min from Tombstone. I drive through it when I go to hunt doves on the NE side of town.

It is a little to "commercialized" for me but it is a deffinite visit if you have never been. I just can't go too often.

Neal in AZ

By the way....

Tombstone is a great place to visit. Talk about a time-warp!

I live about 20 Min from Tombstone. I drive through it when I go to hunt doves on the NE side of town.

It is a little to "commercialized" for me but it is a deffinite visit if you have never been. I just can't go too often.

Neal in AZ

I wondered if you would comment, given your location. I grew up most of my life in Phoenix, AZ, and in 1980 was stationed for a year at Ft. Huachuca with the intel school. Given that, it is sad that I never ever have beent to Tombstone! Just was not of interest to me nearly 28 years ago (god, that makes me feel really old - I was 25 then).

Mark K.