Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

newbie in Savannah

nxfedlt1

Just wanted to introduce myself. Currently living in Savannah, Ga for the time. Active duty military, 3ID always looking to shoot although there doesn't seem to be too much organzied in these neck of the woods.

I've been lurking for the past couple days, reading and learning. It's going to get expensive, I can tell already.

:rolleyes: Hi, glad to have you on board! As for money - "It's only expensive when you spend it" before you buy. Read, read, and read some more of the forum, there are a million great comments here and all are worth the time to take in. Go to some local matches, local gun clubs will send you in the right direction, or USPSA for club locations. Look before you buy - nothing wrong with a used gun, I have purchased three or more over the years and have had several new ones built. Ask questions, everyone does, you will see in time even the top people in the area are asking on this forum. Open guns or Limited? Now that's a good question! Best of luck and a big WELCOME to you. :cheers: Edited by Duane Thomas

Hello: I'm live in West GA, not very familiar with Savannah. Look at www.georgiaipsc.org There is a club in Augusta (Pinetucky). I think another near Jacksonville, FL.

The clubs around Atlanta: River Bend, Cherokee and South River conduct matches as good as any held anywhere in the USPSA. Griswold Gun Club is on the east side of Macon and reasonably close to you.

There is a group of guys who work security and the Savannah River Site that are pretty regular at the Atlanta area matches.

You are located in one of the best area of the US for the shooting sports.

Actually, if you go for something like a fairly stock Glock (or other easily available Production/Stock Service Pistol appropriate handgun) and fire inexpensive 9mm factory ball, being a USPSA/IDPA shooter doesn't have to be a hideously expensive proposition.

Hi, there is a IDPA club that shoots in Rincon,ga, that is near you. In Brunswick, where I live there is a steel match on the 2nd sat, and a IPSC match on the 4th sat monthly, there is a IPCS match in Fernandina, fl. which is just across the state line.that is held on the 2nd sat and a IPSC match in summerville s.c on the 1st sat ( i think)..check on uspsa web, and idpa web's. Come and play !!!!! lots going on

Edited by pbosik

There are matches the 2nd Sat (Steel Challenge) and the 4th Sat (USPSA) in Brunswick, GA. Look up Coastal Georgia Gun Club.

I am the match director for the Steel Challenge and Fireant on this forum is the MD for USPSA. Come on down and shoot with us. We start about 9:00 both weekends. You can shoot up to 3 guns in the SC matches. New shooters are always welcome!!!

Welcome to the forum! If you already have something that will work, I'd recommend just taking it and factory ammo to the first couple of matches. After that, you'll have a much better idea of what you want. Each division has its own challenges, and they're all fun.

Just wanted to introduce myself. Currently living in Savannah, Ga for the time. Active duty military, 3ID always looking to shoot although there doesn't seem to be too much organzied in these neck of the woods.

I've been lurking for the past couple days, reading and learning. It's going to get expensive, I can tell already.

Welcome! Palmetto Gun Club is located in Summerville SC. I think it is about 1.5 hr drive from Savannah. They host great USPSA match and will have a 3 gun shoot in November.

I was born and raised in Savannah - unfortunately there is not much pistol shooting in Savannah proper. The Charleston and Brunswick matches have already been mentioned. I moved to middle GA in 2003 - I shoot at Cool Springs now. Try Cool Springs if you get a chance.