Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Uneven

JThompson

Terrible

Hey, let's not even mention how Sacramone got screwed by taking a step on a couple of vaults and the Chinese landed on her damned knees, as well as the form break for the hands hitting the horse seperately, and still scored a what... 15.5 something? Those are both .8 breaks. Are you friggn kidding me? I have to close before I throw the laptop.

Edited by JThompson

Now, now children. If you don't like unethical, subjective judging in sports pick one with objective scoring. Gymnastics, synchronized swimming, dressage you get what the judges want you to get. Swim, run, bike faster and the clock doesn't lie. Jump higher. Lift more. Shoot more accurately or get wired and :sight:

ETA: Of course it is unconscionable the judging is unfair and biased in favor of the host country. The above was not meant as a rebuttal but as an observation of a lesson learned decades ago. ;)

Edited by AikiDale

Most disappointing scoring system.....Boxing. Every other word from the commentator is, He never got counter his punches. There has to be another way of doing this.

but also, china planned on winning the most golds and stuff because they trained on teh "less liked" sports and made sure they were the best in those sports that no one ever hears of.

Edited by Coolduckboy

The scoring has ruined much of it for me too. Never watched this much Olympics before (got sucked into it). NBC coverage is awful but the judging is worse.

My solution is to have cameras mounted, left, right, behind and above, scan into a computer that turns the gymnast into blank figure (like a store mannequin) and the judges (locked in a room somewhere) only see the outline of the human figure. So they don't know what country/athlete they are looking at.

Once the software is refined it would be possible to program perfect human moves into it and then the software determines how close the athlete came to that definition. All scoring is then automatic and not subjective.

First paragraph is possible now... Not sure how long the results from the 2nd paragraph would take, if the software could run in less than a minute then it would not be an unreasonable delay.

Bella, had some words about some of the judging and where Shawn was concerned used the word "Ripoff" several times. I think some of the problem here is having judges from countries that don't have the upper caliber athletes in a lot of the disciplines they are judging, so they may not take of the tenth here or there for a form break or whatever. The may have some knowledge, but they aren't qualified to judge. Now how do we go about fixing that? I'm not sure what the solution is, I just know the system in place is flawed.

Oh Ya, dump that difficulty plus the execution crap! That is where a lot of this shit becomes subjective. Just say that this vault or that routine is worth 9.0 or 9.5 max and if she does it right everyone can award a 10 which will give them the 9.0 or 9.5 the start value of the routine. SIMPLE!

I've been telling people the same thing BritinUSA posted about the computer stuff. IMO, that would make it actually fair. The way it is just sucks. It's making ready, the RO yells "GO" and when you're done says something like, "Well, that seemed like about 22, 22 1/2 seconds. NEXT!"

Hello: As Lee Trevino said " if golf had judges, I would have killed some". I say let all the coaches judge each other. That way if you give my team a bad score I will give your team a bad score. The coaches know who is the winner. That is why I hate sports that use judges. It always seems fixed some how. Thanks, Eric