Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Carrying full moonclips

the Cod Father

Committment and organization are why most Revo Squads fly thru and end up waiting on the squads in front.

You don't see Revo's disassembling their mags, unloading and reloading, counting and checking... I do it too when I shoot Limited.

When I shoot Revo I have enough moonclips loaded so I don't have to fiddle with them.

More time for BS then too!

post-4896-1218467661_thumb.jpg

Good! I was hoping Dave would show his luxurious Moon Caddy which fits inside his shooting bag BTW. And I'll bet that sucker is HEAVY :rolleyes: at the beginning of the day. Maybe Dave could sell the patent to Bob Perdue so North Mountain could expand their line :)

Bob.

A16841

Committment and organization are why most Revo Squads fly thru and end up waiting on the squads in front.

You don't see Revo's disassembling their mags, unloading and reloading, counting and checking... I do it too when I shoot Limited.

When I shoot Revo I have enough moonclips loaded so I don't have to fiddle with them.

Good! I was hoping Dave would show his luxurious Moon Caddy which fits inside his shooting bag BTW. And I'll bet that sucker is HEAVY :rolleyes: at the beginning of the day. Maybe Dave could sell the patent to Bob Perdue so North Mountain could expand their line :)

Bob.

A16841

Made out of KYDEX & Plastic would surely lighten it up, but Wood bespeaks a true connesiur of fine Revolvers.

You know the real reason. None of us can count past 6 :roflol:

Who counts to six, once I run out of fingers on the free hand I give one more for good measure and reload.

PS Don't be letting out all of our secrets!

I cheated and use pskys2's design as modified to fit my stuff. I took an old .50 cal ammo can and cut a piece of 1x6 to fit in the bottem and then put 18 dowels in it that hold four loaded moon clips each. I can carry 432 rounds loaded up in there. Of course it is God Awful heavy, but I usually just let it ride in the back of my truck and take them out as I need them. When I get to Tulsa, they will alll be in there and each day I will just take out enough to shoot that day's stages with a few spares and throw them in my bag.

I cheated and use pskys2's design as modified to fit my stuff. I took an old .50 cal ammo can and cut a piece of 1x6 to fit in the bottem and then put 18 dowels in it that hold four loaded moon clips each. I can carry 432 rounds loaded up in there. Of course it is God Awful heavy, but I usually just let it ride in the back of my truck and take them out as I need them. When I get to Tulsa, they will alll be in there and each day I will just take out enough to shoot that day's stages with a few spares and throw them in my bag.

Where's my royalty check? hmmmmm?

Kidding, but that many rounds would be good exercise. Maybe start carrying it around with just your trigger finger, talk about calisthenics!

I also carry plano box---but if you will glue felt or light cloth on top inside-- it sure cuts down on heat when sitting on table or bag-or in my case small lawn wogon with umbrella on the end..

THANK-YOU ALL,

What can I say,what alot of great info . here and in PM Since most everyone seemed to have used the plano I decided to look into it as well. I checked at Canadian Tire and they were having a sale this week all plano kits at 50% off. I ended up with a sturdy canvas/nylon bag with 3 big side pouches and it came with 4 Plano 3650 boxes with heavy duty latches that will each hold 23-25 loaded moonclips. 600 rounds should be able to get me out or in enough shooting for even the longest stages. Might even be enough to clear off that diobolical Texas Star!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TCF

The Dillon border shift bag works well for this. Loaded moons in one side, empties/partials in the other. Holds enough to get through any match and fits neatly in the center section of a medium-size range bag.

Carmoney,

I was thinking of the Dillon bag but was concerned hat without any structure to the bag ,and having everything loose would cause the moonclips to be twisted or out of alignment.So I went with the plano system.

Nah. It's never been a problem. The planos are nice, though, too.

Carry 4 plano boxes in this Home Depot carrier

AMMO-2.jpg

AMMO-1.jpg

What's the gross weight on that thing when it's fully loaded? :surprise:

I think a small Daewoo forklift should be able to handle it. :roflol:

Either that or you'll be dropping a nut trying to pick it up. :cheers:

Just a couple of Girly men I see :roflol: :roflol: If you need help, I will send my daughter to help you carry them :rolleyes:

Edited by Round_Gun_Shooter

Just a couple of Girly men I see :roflol: :roflol: If you need help, I will send my daughter to help you carry them :rolleyes:

Ha! Ha! Ha!

Thanks for the offer, I old, so I MAY need to take you up on that. :roflol::cheers:

Ha! Ha! Ha!

Thanks for the offer, I old, so I MAY need to take you up on that. :roflol::cheers:

She will fit in just fine in the South she is all tanned and ready to go.

AMANDA-2.jpg

Is her friend totin' anyones ammo yet? :ph34r:

Ha! Ha! Ha!

She will fit in just fine in the South she is all tanned and ready to go.

AMANDA-2.jpg

I use Plano boxes, 3700 for my 627/.38 Specials and 3701 for 625/.45 acp. I carry them in an Ultra Shooters Connection bag (the new smaller one). I also took the magazine holder out of the the side pouch and keep another Plano box with tools, spare parts, cleaning stuff , etc.

Moonclips1.jpg

post-370-1219706270_thumb.jpg

post-370-1219706344_thumb.jpg