Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best place to buy Rudy Project RX insert from?

Hello: Went to the eye doctor yesterday and she told me I need glasses. I have decided to use Rudy Project Rydon glasses for shooting. I want to use a RX insert so I can take it in and out. I was just wondering where is the best place to buy the insert? I was also thinking of getting 2 inserts to try different types of lenses. Let me know. Thanks, Eric

Hello: Went to the eye doctor yesterday and she told me I need glasses. I have decided to use Rudy Project Rydon glasses for shooting. I want to use a RX insert so I can take it in and out. I was just wondering where is the best place to buy the insert? I was also thinking of getting 2 inserts to try different types of lenses. Let me know. Thanks, Eric

A very nice forum member donated mine for me, but I bought the glasses at e-rudy.com

• 7 months later...
Yup, Jim is a Forum Delaer here too, and has a section dedicated to Rudy's: http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showforum=179

Follow up question... I bought my Rydon's and RX insert... where is the best place to get the lens made for the RX insert? Wal-mart, Costco, someplace else?

thanks,

atek3

If you're OK with Costco or Wal-Mart lenses and have used them in the past, go for it, Personally I use a local independent optician. I like to support local businesses where possible and also I have a higher level of confidence in getting what I think I am getting as opposed to lower grade products. Just like in yoiur Rifle scope, there are differences in corrective lenses. I suppose that a particular brand and model is the same anywhere, but otherwise is a lens a lens? Is there a difference between a generic and a name-brand?

Your eyes, your call.

Jim

I got my inserts at a local optical shop. I was a little hesitant when I started to explain what I wanted, but the optician got it right away: left lens set to distance vision, right lens focused on the front sight. He had me hold up my "finger gun" in my shooting stance and measured the distance from my eye to the front sight. Works perfectly. A little more money than Wally World but well worth it.

I got my inserts at a local optical shop. I was a little hesitant when I started to explain what I wanted, but the optician got it right away: left lens set to distance vision, right lens focused on the front sight. He had me hold up my "finger gun" in my shooting stance and measured the distance from my eye to the front sight. Works perfectly. A little more money than Wally World but well worth it.

Hmmmm. My regular glasses and contacts seem to work fine for seeing the front sight and the target... I'm 27.

atek3

sorry

a total NEWB here

what exactly is the process to buy the Rudy's and RX inserts ?

then you receive "blanks" or non- ground inserts for the local optometrist to grind ??

thanks, I am very interested as I need something like these in a big way

sorry

a total NEWB here

then you receive "blanks" or non- ground inserts for the local optometrist to grind ??

Your in luck - If you look inside this same forum area you will see a thread that has a discount code to purchase what you are talking about.

You will need to buy the insert frames, take them to a certified Rudy Project Eye Doctor and they will make them with Rudy's TEC technology. That means the prescription in put on the inside of the lens not the outside like all other companies. This is improve the clarity and vision of the glasses.

sorry

a total NEWB here

Your in luck - If you look inside this same forum area you will see a thread that has a discount code to purchase what you are talking about.

You will need to buy the insert frames, take them to a certified Rudy Project Eye Doctor and they will make them with Rudy's TEC technology. That means the prescription in put on the inside of the lens not the outside like all other companies. This is improve the clarity and vision of the glasses.

Where is the discount code? Don't see it

Where is the discount code? Don't see it

The discount code thread has been removed, as Rudy is not a forum dealer, and we do have paying forum dealers who sell shooting glasses.....

Dealer Forum rates are reasonable; I believe Brian sent a note to at least one of the Rudy affiliated members to that effect.....

Thanks Nik - I have talked with Rudy and we are in the process of signing up for a forum dealer area. Brian and Flex were great with letting us keep the post up as long as we did although it was really pushing the rules! Thank you guys for giving us a little space to give shooters some great deals!!

The deals are coming back -- stay tuned.