Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Corvette

AikiDale

That's one fine vehicle. No doubt about it. Like you, I've always wanted a vette but have never reached the point of commitment. Expensive to buy, expensive to insure, expensive to own. That formula just doesn't fit anywhere in my life, unfortunately. :mellow:

I too had 'vette fever' when I was a youngster. At 19 I bought a '68 427 4 speed convertible. Had it for 10 year and put 600 miles on it. That cured me of ' vette fever' forever...

The new ones are nice, but not enough to wipe away the 10 years I spent 'working' on the '68...

Only 1 cure for the fever. Here is mine. She is a 02 Z06 in electron blue metallic. 405 hp. This is my second one. I have to disagree, with all of the expensive talk. . The seasonal insurance is very reasonable, they made a ton of c5's, so they are not that expensive to buy, and i have gotton 28 MPG on the highway, with the 6 speed. What else could you ask for?

post-10856-1216684034.jpg

Here's our '91 ZR1 at a high speed driving class we took down at Texas World Speedway. My hubby is the driver (in the retro white helmet). It's a hoot to drive! Hubby is eyeballing the '09 ZR1's as well but the pre-orders are going at 15-20% above MSRP....and there is no guarantee you'll get one. Better to wait a couple of years and try to buy it used....Hubby scored the '91 in 1996 at about 1/2 MSRP....with only 20K miles on it.

The picture...post-4300-1216698304.jpg

ETA: Waxman....you definitely got the right name! I think hubby and I are best categorized as racers...not waxers... ;)

Edited by carinab

Hopefully GM will take care of the scalpers I mean stealers I mean dealers on these and hold them to the MSRP. Sell one over MSRP and lose the line entirely. Price gouging pisses me off!!

My good friend, neal ward, down the street here has a 07 Z06 pumped up to 606 H.P. & has pre-paid on a new 09 ZR1 to be delivered soon & guess who he is going to let test ride in it with him?. I have had a 66 -427 vette & a 70 -454 but these are on another world .

Hopefully GM will take care of the scalpers I mean stealers I mean dealers on these and hold them to the MSRP. Sell one over MSRP and lose the line entirely. Price gouging pisses me off!!

The dealer near us was given one and took the highest bidder at $200k. It was a guy that wants everyone to know what he paid for it and the sales staff boasts of it.

After hearing that, we've since found a different GM to take our family and company business to.

I think neal paid sticker for his, about $88,000.00

Wow! Scary to say considering that money, but that is a "steal". The MSRP is between $100-$120k and the huge markups are expected to get them early. They actually had expected it to have a higher MSRP.

My good friend, neal ward, down the street here has a 07 Z06 pumped up to 606 H.P. & has pre-paid on a new 09 ZR1 to be delivered soon & guess who he is going to let test ride in it with him?. I have had a 66 -427 vette & a 70 -454 but these are on another world .

haven't ridden in or driven one of the "other world" type Vettes,but when I replaced the power plant in my '66 with a 502 crate making 550 hp, I thought it was from another world....Benny let us know if you grab for the sissy bar..LOL

GM is only going to produce 2000 of the ZR1's in 2009 so I fully expect them to go to the highest bidder. Barret - Jackson sold the opportunity to own the 1st one off the assembly line for a cool million and that did not include the car. Supply and demand!!!

Edited by DrawandDuck