Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fix Car Or Buy Another Gun???

Here is the deal. I have a 2003 MazdaSpeed Protege that I was rear ended in about a month ago. There wasn't much damage as it was a low speed crash. I got $500 from my insurance company to have the car fixed. The damage isn't really visable. If I didn't point it out then you wouldn't notice it. I can use this money to fix the car or take the money and buy a S&W Performance Center 627 Revolver. I would get more enjoyment out of the gun than having the bumper fixed. I can buff the bumper myself and just forget about it. What would you do?

Pete :ph34r:

I know this sounds like a no-brainer but I was a motorhead before I was crazy about guns. I sold a fully modded Mustang Cobra making almost 500 hp. to buy this Mazda (among other things) so my decision is a little tougher. I think I'm gonna buy the gun though. Only I will notice the bumper. I think more fun will come out of the gun.

Pete

Keep the comments coming. Make this easier for me....

We should really have a thread on priorities.

Ala someone's (can't remember who now) tag line from Donnie Darko, "I'm beginning to doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion!" Now, when do you get the blaster?

If you have to ask.....get the car fixed.

Otherwise buy a gun ... Modernized Samurai rule #234: In the choice between guns and gold buy they guns, you can always get gold using your gun. :wacko:

I can't buy the gun till next week cause the shop isn't even open. As for going from a Stang to Rice. Ford owns Mazda so it is technically not rice. I needed a car better on gas because I'm a salesrep and do about 800 miles per week. Ialso bought a Probe for work so I still own a Ford. :D

I asked a few people and they said I shouldn't bother fixing the car as it isn't noticable. My fiance doesn't want me getting ANOTHER gun so she wants me to fix the car. I want the gun but I just know it will be another fight with the woman. But it is my money. :rolleyes:

Hey, let me tell you it's not just a 'guy' thing!! If you all take much longer to decide, I'm gong to just insist you hand over the $500 to ME and I'll just go buy MYSELF a gun. I'M not having trouble with this decision. ;):P

$500 for a ding that doesn't even show...? Phooey! <_<

Oh--and did I say 'go for the gun'...? :wub:

It's the 4th of July, what better day to decide to buy a gun. Although for me every day is a great day to add to the collection. If your fiancé does not want you to buy yourself another gun do what I do and buy one for her. :rolleyes: That will open up the door for your next firearm purchase. Good Luck! :D

The problem with the buy another gun topic is that this will be my 3rd in about 2 months. Plus, I spent about $1000 modding one of them, plus a new Dillon 650 and all the goodies, plus new gear, etc. etc. etc. I've prob. spent about $4K in the past 2 months so I can kinda see her point. LOL

I think the gun is going to find its way into my safe though...

An earlier thought I had (and JE elaborated on that concept with HIS suggestion) was to divvy up the money with her somehow and discuss what you'd EACH do with it... or WANT to do with it. I'm still all for buying a gun, but if you're on overload with the recent expenditures directed at same, try involving her in the decision. (Does she shoot at all...?) There may be more than one or two ways to resolve this. ;)

We're all trying to be supportive here. See if she would be willing to learn to shoot. Tell her, if she doesn't like it after the course, you won't mention it again (and don't if she doesn't). Insist that she go to the class on her own, regardless of how much she will "want" you there. She will then be able to make a more independent decision and have more attention for the course.

Possible results?

1. She says "This sucks!" and never goes to the range with you.

2. You will spend the $$$ on a gun for her.

Either way, she'll have an appreciation for what you are doing and may be more amenable (sp?) to your spending habits.

Of course, this is all tainted information since I fell for a picture of a two-tone SIG P226 :wub: in a magazine I found in his car. Now the question reigns, did I marry him for him or for his guns??? :o:lol::lol::lol:

Liota

(Liota--)Now the question reigns, did I marry him for him or for his guns???  :o  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 
Not sure it matters!!! :wub::D Either way you won!! ;)

PS--I think much of our information here is "tainted"... That's why we're here.

I took her shooting once. She wasn't too thrilled with it. I've been asking her to go again and she isn't too excited. However, she did take a tour of the Smith and Wesson factory with me and she enjoyed that. I've gotten more and more involved with shooting lately and I think because she is around it so much more that she is opening up. She is starting to see why I need more than one gun and why each gun has a different purpose. We fought about putting a reloading bench in our apt. and now that it is up and is presentable there isn't any problem. I've asked her if she wanted to get her license just to have and she said she didn't need it but I think she is coming around.

I think I'm gonna get the gun. Depends on what kind of deal I can get at the shop.

Pete