Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Revolver World Champ

TxD

He already won the International Revolver Championship this year. and every year it has been held.

No passport required however that may change :angry2: you never can tell with CA.

I don't know of any Revolver shooters from the United States who are planning to go to the World Shoot in Bali, except maybe Sweeney.

The U.S. State Department does not recommend that American citizens travel to Indonesia.

But from what I've heard they have to lock-up their pistols at the end of each day of shooting. So it's not the time "on the range" I would be worried about in Bali. It's the time "off the range" that scares the crap outta me. :surprise:

I've been to IPSC matches in such vacation spots as Nicaragua, El Salvador, Colombia and Ecuador as well as spending time in places like Peru and Honduras without firearms... I'm not the least bit worried about Bali.

The main risk there seems to be an excess of drunk Australians.

Drunk Australians are a LOT of fun, ran into a shipload of them in Puerto Rico once LOL. They know how to have fun!! VERY hard to understand once they get about 3/4's of the way toasted LOL.

[edit]

As for the original thread, I can understand why some people are hesitant to go somewhere that is not considered very safe. Indonesia is not on the Department of State's "Travel Warning" list right now, but if you look at the "Safety and Security," "Crime," and "Medical Facilities" information for Indonesia (at the travel.state.gov web site), it is not very encouraging.

For those willing to go, good luck.

Edited by Flexmoney

Remember, Bali is a Tropical Holiday destination........A lot less dangerous than South Africa, and many parts of South America.

Hey, I live here! Once you have the correct mindset its OK. Believe me. I run a Coffee shop in Port Elizabeth and carry concealed at all times, even to church. Its not the criem that is the real killer it is the way the minibus taxis drive. Approximately 21 000 people will die violently in South Africa every year.

OK, now that everybody has finished drifting, who are the contenders for the Gold Ring in Revolver Division at the World Shoot?

Ricardo Lopez...HANDS DOWN!!! He pushed JM quite a bit at the last WS. I watched him shoot the Florida Open back in 2006. He came up and shot my stage first ( a 32 rd field course). His gun breaks and he zeros the stage. I tell him that I have a Randy Lee tricked-out 625 back at my hotel room. He talks the MD into letting him finish the next day, and comes over and gets my 625 that he has NEVER SHOT BEFORE. He proceeds to finish the match at 90% of Cliff Walsh with a ZEROED 32 rd stage as part of his results!!! This kid is fast as greased lightning!!! I had all I could do to get my gun back from him (and not let him purchase it to take home to Guatemala)...but that is another (import/export) story... :rolleyes:

Edited by Barrettone

Ricky has my vote too.

We shot together in 2004 (Brazil's Nationals - he won and I got 96.06%), WS 2005 (I didn't have a good match - 79.89%) and 2006 (Pan American Championship- I won and he got 96.51%).

He's fast and a good guy! Good luck Ricky!

Ricky has my vote too.

We shot together in 2004 (Brazil's Nationals - he won and I got 96.06%), WS 2005 (I didn't have a good match - 79.89%) and 2006 (Pan American Championship- I won and he got 96.51%).

Ricardo is from Ecuador. I know he would love a 625! Imagine the time savings over speedloaders although he is quick.

Jerry will be there -- along with a few other good shooters. Maybe the tightest race.

Joel

Ricardo is from Ecuador. I know he would love a 625! Imagine the time savings over speedloaders although he is quick.

Jerry will be there -- along with a few other good shooters. Maybe the tightest race.

Joel

Yes, he is from Ecuador.

Will JM be there? :surprise: His name isn't at the competitor's list (and the registration closed on May 30th...).

Closed.

---------------------------------

OK...I gutted all the comments on the war and anything that was in related conversations.

We are left with comments on the safety of the area and on JM and who might win in his absense.

Since we have beaten the horse to death...on a number of threads...on the safety of traveling, lets keep the rest of the conversation focused on JM and the match.

- Admin

Opened.

Since Flex was so NICE and opened this thread back up. ;)

I predict the person who scores the most match points with the least penalties that doesn't get DQed will win the WORLD SHOOT !!!!!! :goof:

Hop

Just saw on the IPSC Global Village Web site that Jerry M is not going to Bali.

Anyone have any news on this.

That's interesting... I've just checked the list "By Region" and JM's name is there. His name isn't on the list "By Competitors". :blink:

Maybe it's a website's problem...

Wow !

USA has 73 competitors going to the World Shoot.

Well... USA had 73 slots... I don't know if everybody is going or not.. I suspect not based on some of the comments over on the GV.

Ricky has my vote too.

Joel

Details, details...but anyway, Jerry will NOT be there.

Edited by Barrettone