Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DQ'ed

Blake R

Hey guys I have a question for you I am new to the sport and I just shot my 2nd local match yesterday but my problem is this I got DQ'ed on my last stage yesterday now does that mean that all of my scores are DQ'ed or just the one stage thanks

I believe the club can still send your classifier score to USPSA HQ, assuming that's not the stage you DQ'ed on. If I'm mistaken, a correction from someone more knowledgeable will magically appear very soon.

That sucks That was only my 2nd match and I need to get classed for the Missouri Fall Classic

You can't shoot more classifiers before fall? Isn't that match in October?

There are something like 8-10 clubs in MO and probably as many in an adjoining state.

4 clubs 4 matches and you are classed.

PS No the score doesn't count after a DQ

I believe the club can still send your classifier score to USPSA HQ, assuming that's not the stage you DQ'ed on. If I'm mistaken, a correction from someone more knowledgeable will magically appear very soon.

Nope. When you enter a DQ into EZWinscore it is for the entire match. No classifer score is entered at Sedro.

Chalk it up to a bad day at the match, and a learning experience.

I always say that there are 2 kinds of people in competition, those that have been DQ'd and those that are going to get DQ'd.

You're in good company, I broke 90 by over running the gun. I wouldn't have broke 90 if I had both hands on the gun.

More than likely one of the clubs around you will be running a "Special" classifier match sooner or later. They can run 4 to 6 classifiers as a single match which will guarantee that you get a classification.

FWIW...I have only rarely seen good things happen when folks go back after a dropped mag. The best thing to do, usually, is to just keep going. You should have enough other mags on you that a dropped mag isn't a big deal. I've had new shooters ask my why I carry four 20 rounders when any COF is only 32 rounds and the simple answer is that I will need two and will have to do a reload. If I drop that reload I have a backup. And the other one is there because if I fumble one reload I am just as likely to fumble two. :D

That sucks That was only my 2nd match and I need to get classed for the Missouri Fall Classic

Blake,

This is the wrong thought.... you need to be keyed on safety... you broke the 180 which put everyone in danger. You shouldn't be upset about a class when you could have hurt someone or yourself. The bottom line is to be safe, all the other stuff will come. Until then.... watch your muzzle.

Better to get Dairy Queened at a local match-- rather than at a major match!!

I'm still waiting for my DQ. It will happen eventually! For me, it will be at a major match that I've taken vacation for, travelled, spent a ton of money on, etc....

Better to get Dairy Queened at a local match-- rather than at a major match!!

I'm still waiting for my DQ. It will happen eventually! For me, it will be at a major match that I've taken vacation for, travelled, spent a ton of money on, etc....

That's where my DQ was, at the Ontario Provincials, stage 4.

After I put my gear away, I became the squad b*tch - fetch, go and carry. I stayed for the duration.

Don't feel bad my 1st and only DQ came on my last stage with about 6 shoots left to fire at the Fort Benning 3 gun. To make it worse I was having a great match. A long ride home alone :wacko:

Hello: Don't feel to bad I got DQ'd at a match where I was match director. I stuck around and pasted all day. I must keep my finger out of the trigger on reloads or a AD could-will happen. Just be safe and chalk it up to experience and lesson learned. Have fun. Thanks, Eric

It's good that you guys stick around to help paste after you've been DQ'd, but when I get DQ'd, if I'm done shooting, I'm done working. As long as I'm helping to make the holes, I'll help covering them. Is that wrong? Talk about rubbing salt in a wound. If you can't shoot, get the hell out of there.........

I can't imagine how painful it would be to stand around and watch everyone else having fun. I think it would be pure torture to stick around.

Blake, learn from your DQ! That is part of why they DQ. You are a better person when you realize the lesson is more important than the score.

Good luck,

Richard

PS: I shot in a squad at the USPSA Nationals where a very experienced shooter (not me) DQ'd on the last stage of the last day. Yes they almost finished the match but still got no score and the BIG DQ staring them on the final match results for all to see.

It's good that you guys stick around to help paste after you've been DQ'd, but when I get DQ'd, if I'm done shooting, I'm done working. As long as I'm helping to make the holes, I'll help covering them. Is that wrong? Talk about rubbing salt in a wound. If you can't shoot, get the hell out of there.........

I can't imagine how painful it would be to stand around and watch everyone else having fun. I think it would be pure torture to stick around.

I've been in squads where friends pushed the envelope too hard and got ahead of themselves. If you get in the car and go home, it's a lonely drive home. Or you can stick around with your buddies at the range, hang out, help and then go eat afterwards. They've chosen to hang out and keep having fun even though they're not shooting. There's no right or wrong, it's just a matter of perspective.

~Mitch

Where I come from, continuing to stay and work is call 'SPORTMANSHIP'.

We do this so that the sport will continue and the organisers et al aren't getting burned out.

Your last statement doesn't make sense. Just because you got YOURSELF out of the game, remember no one helped you, doesn't stop you from having fun. I was made fun of in the begining but you turn it around on them - see fun.

So, my question to you is, 'Are you a sportsman or a sore loser?'

A no answer would indicate to me a sore loser.

Prove me wrong.