Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

US Open

j1b

I really did not expect Tiger to miss the birdie putt on 15... that was oddness... Hmmm...

Well.... if you wanted to see an exciting match... :lol: Neither one of them has played superb golf, at all, but...

Outstanding tournament

Woods is a great player, I was pulling for Rocco tho. It would have been good for him, would have been life changing. Winning for woods only changed the tally from 13 to 14, not a bit of difference.

Rocco played like a champ, and should be proud.

I'm "ok" if Rocco wins. Ultimately I'll rout for Tiger.

I have no issue with passion. If you want fist pumps and howling at a made putt then there are consequences. I don't like the club throwing but it is a dynamic of the personality we saw (oh - and felt) on 18.

I'm routing for Tiger, even though I'm a Rocco fan. I'm a HUGE Tiger fan. Tiger is the best. His will alone . . . amazing.

The knee is an issue and he's tied for the lead at the U.S. Open. I don't care who you are, that's freakin' amazing.

I couldn't agree more. Tiger is my hero.

I have no issue with passion. If you want fist pumps and howling at a made putt then there are consequences. I don't like the club throwing but it is a dynamic of the personality we saw (oh - and felt) on 18.

I'm routing for Tiger, even though I'm a Rocco fan. I'm a HUGE Tiger fan. Tiger is the best. His will alone . . . amazing.

The knee is an issue and he's tied for the lead at the U.S. Open. I don't care who you are, that's freakin' amazing.

Tiger is a great player but the praise really goes to his dad and it would have been better to win it on Fathers Day.

Tiger owes it all to him.

Tiger is a great player but the praise really goes to his dad and it would have been better to win it on Fathers Day.

Tiger owes it all to him.

Agree. I'm no Tiger, but my dad get's all the credit for all I've accomplished as well. I'm totally ok with that!

Wished I could have watched it all live today but work got in the way. Incredible tourney though.

For those who weren't pulling for him, sorry. I feel bad for Rocco - I am a fan. That said, nobody was more unimpressed than me when Immelman went out and the tournament after winning the Masters he missed the cut. Rocco has 5 tour wins in total? Is that right? And he's got two or 3 top tens in majors? Yes, I would have liked to see him win but I gotta say that in general I am a huge "may the best man win" type guy. I want Rocco to be there again. Soon!

But Majors should (IMO) be won by Ernie, Phil, Vijay, Jim, etc. etc. Names that are there. Names consistently up there and performing. I get the highs and lows, but I mean a degree of solid consistency. And this applies everywhere. If I went to go shoot nationals tomorrow and by God's will the stars aligned and I won - I'd be the ONLY guy ok with that. Everyone else would be like "who the hell is this cat and what's he done that's so special. See if he can do it again next year . . . " And they'd be right.

Let the debates settle. It's all over. I'd have been cool with Rocco winning too. I was so impressed with the whole tournament, it was so awesome to watch, that I'm really not certain it mattered to me who won.

Sweet!

J

#14. Just that simple. He wins 'cause he works harder than the next guy, both mentally and physically. Not bad for the first tournament since the last major. And yep...Earl did the work to push him, but it's still on Tiger to push himself and THAT'S what seperates him from everyone else.

Kinda like that guy named Robbie in our sport. Just hangs in there and keeps winning.

Rich

ETA: While I like Rocco as a player and a person, he's the latest contender to try and take Tiger's position. It's great for the sport to try and build rivalries, but sometimes they can blow folks out of scale. David Duval, Mike Weir, Sergio Garcia, et. al. Of the 'young guns' Tiger's definitely stayed above the fray through his work ethic and that should be commended.

Edited by uscbigdawg

Tiger get mad! Throw club, show emotion. Not good for game!

I guess I expected a little more from a guy who has been around for a while. The language he used before he threw his club makes him a class act. Too bad it is 2nd class.

Success without honor is an unseasoned dish; it will satisfy your hunger, but it won't taste good.

Joe Paterno

So I guess when you are in the running for winning Nats and blow one of the final stages, you're gonna be real happy if someone heckles you or sticks a camera in your face right?

Oh yeah...maybe I should add you are in excruciating pain after your 3rd knee surgery a month ago...

Gimme a break....

Can we post without the Tiger love vs. hate, please?

kyle, that wouldn't be fun. it's ok to not like tiger...yep, some of us don't.

as far as someone blowing a stage at the nats and getting po'd? yea, jake-i assume that would be natural. agree with you, but tgo is like tiger in our game, and he won't do it. i've seen robbie blow out, mainly getting mad at himself, but always, always, gracious about it-total class act. it's a different ballgame due to the $$ and sponsors. totally different, so let's stop comparing tgo and woods. all i'm saying is i don't like his egotistic game. just think how nice it would have been to have rocco win and crack jokes thru the whole interview. people would have loved to meet this guy...not plastic at all.

So it's okay to blow up so long as there's not a lot of money on the line? Yeah...I too have seen other champions in other sports get more than a little mad....at themselves and frankly have no issue with it. After, we should be our own toughest critic. Tiger plays this sport for him. You can see that he battles the course for him. Sounds again a lot like our sport.

I have no love for Tiger. I appreciate his drive to better himself against the course that day. He's shown that when he played in the Juniors, at Stanford, PGA Amateurs and every day that he's been in the PGA. That drive may push folks away, but maybe sometimes that drive to be the best presents a picture of the faults or shortcomings of others and they cannot handle that.

Rich