Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

WATCHES

Nemo

Carina's search for a replacement watch for her hubby (see the thread were she calls us watch snobs) triggered many suggestions and some of the BEnosverse watch snobs came out. B)

Show your timepieces here and tell their story, if any.

Here are mine

post-2776-1213302875.jpg

Left to right:

Casio G-shock bought circa 1998 to match my shooting gear of the time. Going strong on its second battery. Now use it mostly for outdoors activities (work or paly), except for shooting (don't know why...)

Tag Heuer Professional Series 1000, bought in 1989 for $250 (try to get a Tag for that nowadays) in my first shopping outing with the Mrs before she was the Mrs. It used to have a blue face and bezel but I had its battery changed at a hole-in-the-wall jewelry store, not a Tag dealer, and next time I went diving with it, it surfaced with little fishies swimming inside. Washed it, dried it and tosed it in a drawer. Sent it for repair in Y2K or '01 and they didn't have the blue anymore so changed it to black. Repair was $120. It is my shooting watch.

Seiko Sports 150, my wife bought this one for me as 5th anniversary present (1995), when I thought I had lost my Tag to flooding. Don't wear it much now, it's kinda' heavy.

Last but not least, my everyday watch, my little Omega Dynamic. My only automatic movement watch, not a cert chrono but always on time (it actually gains about a second a day). Bought it on Y2K (paid too much for it) with the last bonus I saw from Enron before becoming a government employee, knowing I wouldn't be able to afford a nice watch until the boys graduated college.

That's it. I showed you mine... Bring it!

ETA: See, I'm no watch snob. ;)

:D

Edited by Nemo

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My two primary watches.

The one on the left is a Caravelle by Bulova. It was my 5 year work anniversary gift. It's not listed on the Bulova web site as it was supposedly a "special design" for where I work.

The one on the right is my every day watch. It just a Timex Indiglo but it's been through everything... Slot car racing, dirt track racing, work, shooting, carpentry, etc., etc. I've had to silver solder the band twice, put a new battery or two in it, buff the face, etc, etc. The finish is worn off clear down to the plastic underneath. It's the watch I wear every day from the time I get up until I go to bed. I'm guessing it's 15+ years old as I know I had it in college. Definately nothing fancy but it keeps perfect time and the back light still works!

post-10863-1213305566.jpg

My picture would be my blank wrist. I broke the band on my old cheap watch 16 years ago about this time of year. I realized that as a new teacher on the first summer break, I didn't need a watch. I have not worn a watch since. It's a streak I'm kind of proud of. Nobody at work ever asks me what time it is, except for the new teachers. I'm far from a watch snob, but I shoot with some guys that are big time....hey where is BigGuy with his pics?

I just glance at the lower-right corner of the computer most of the time... :lol:

No, seriously: For the daily grind I have a battery-op Timex ($19.95 on sale at KMART yeeeeeears ago). For not-so-daily-grind I have a very classy little diamonds-and-white-gold legacy Hamilton (wind-up) from my late paternal grandmother... which keeps EXCELLENT time.

But that all doesn't help you guys looking for a GUY watch, does it...?...... :rolleyes:

FLAVOR FLAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't even try to take pictures of my watches I make them look horrible, but my buddy Brice took this for me... classic watch and i think he caught it well.

leo

post-10792-1213318456.jpg

Last but not least, my everyday watch, my little Omega Dynamic. My only automatic movement watch, not a cert chrono but always on time (it actually gains about a second a day). Bought it on Y2K (paid too much for it) with the last bonus I saw from Enron before becoming a government employee, knowing I wouldn't be able to afford a nice watch until the boys graduated college.

That's it. I showed you mine... Bring it!

ETA: See, I'm no watch snob. ;)

:D

I've wanted a Dynamic for while now, but could never pull the trigger on one, now I can't find one. I have a few watches but no pics yet. Tags, Oris, Ollech & Wajs, but my favorite is a 1958 Omega Seamaster given to me by my father. He bought 2 Seamasters when he was in the Army stationed in Korea. He gave me one and one to my brother. It only comes out on special occasions and never fails get compliments.

Edited by 03k64

Roger, here they are...

Better post mine first before CK's collection shows up...

post-7098-1213527651.jpg

BG,

That Gucci is SO NOT YOU... Too " delicate" :unsure:

BTW, the Citizen and the Gucci are off...

Roger, here they are...

Better post mine first before CK's collection shows up...

post-7098-1213527651.jpg

BG,

That Gucci is SO NOT YOU... Too " delicate" :unsure:

BTW, the Citizen and the Gucci are off...

I know.

I got the Gucci back in 1990 when they were "in" and haven't wore it for, I'll say 12 or 13 years. As for the Citizent, it was a gift.

Edited by Big Guy

I know.

I got the Gucci back in 1990 when they were "in" and haven't wore it for, I'll say 12 years. As for the Citizent, it was a gift.

But that Tudor is HOT!! Happy Father's Day, mi pana!

PAGING GMANBART! I wanna see that Kobold!! :angry:

;)

Stuck in a hotel, so I only have one of my watches with me...sorry about the quality, not much here to use to stage pics! Kobold Phantom Tactical Titanium, one of one hundred produced.

post-10163-1213556921.jpg

Thats a great looking watch, but IMHO the only thing its missing is a gloss black metal band.

Stuck in a hotel, so I only have one of my watches with me...sorry about the quality, not much here to use to stage pics! Kobold Phantom Tactical Titanium, one of one hundred produced.

post-10163-1213556921.jpg

Thats a great looking watch, but IMHO the only thing its missing is a gloss black metal band.

I have the matching Ti bracelet for it (in the same black as the case), but the NATO strap is crazy comfortable that I've pretty much stuck with it. The last time I talked with Mike Kobold he said that most of the guys there tend to go with the NATO strap for daily wear as well. Every once in a while I'll put the bracelet on just for something a little different, but I always go back to the strap. R,

PEK, that is one nice piece! How affordable, if I may ask?

G-Man, awesome watch!! Is it heavy?

Mister you can ask me anything! The trick is will I answer.

I think I picked it up from overstock.com for about $250.00

I love the piece it is my "sunday go ta meetin" watch.

Patrick