Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ben Stoeger

Ben Stoeger

Congrats on your finish! You may have "sucked", but you still beat Angus, BJ, and a hell of a lot of other top shooters... I sure wouldn't mind being #3 in the nation. I look forward to seeing you continue to train to WIN next year! :cheers: You've certainly inspired at least one person to believe that they can make GM someday... and I think that's certainly something else to be proud of.

+1

Great job Ben. It is great to see hard work and dedication pay off. <Rocky theme song playing in background> Your range diary is testament to your training & preparatin going into Nationals. Bottom line - you earned a great finish!

I think you are going to see that you have inspired a lot more than one person. Although I'm more than twice your age and will never have the God given talet that you possess, you certainly have inspired me! Thanks!

Good luck in the future! :cheers:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright folks... here is the deal.

If you want to talk about something that could be considered controversial... DONT.. not on this thread anyway. Take it to PM, or post it someplace else.

In the last six weeks I have had to read about how I should get ATV rides when it is hot out, how I need a better attitude, and how Dave plays head games. If you want to talk smack, PM me.

So, pretty please, with sugar on top, no more bullshit on this thread.

Thank you.

I just want to add something. I have waited for Ben to put this in his journal for awhile. Glad you did Ben, you should of did this awhile ago. I'm sure most realize most of the top guys don't post on the forum even though some of them read post here. Why would anyone post here to get ran through the ringer. I hope everyone stops before we lose Ben from the forums. HE IS A GREAT SHOOTER. Alot of people are learning from him and he puts alot of effort into putting his info out there for people to learn from it and doesn't ask for anything in return. That is what the forum is about.

I looked at the results today and 4 guys made me proud to know them. Ben, Bob, Shannon and Matt. All four of these guys finished where they did because of determination and hard work. These guys proved that average guys can be at the top. They wanted to be the best and made it happen even with work, school, family and all the other obligations they have. No one can say you have to be sponored to be at the top. If you have the desire and will it can happen.

Congrats Ben, even though I don't post much on your journal I kept track of you ever since we shot together in Michigan. I seen all that potential you had and glad you worked as hard as you did. I'm also glad you feel you could of done better, lets us know its "On" for next yrs Nationals.

Great job from all of us on the forums

Flyin

So have you been approached by any sponsors yet? Maybe you should talk to Beretta, without you they wouldn't even have a gun in the top ten. It's worth looking at.

Nobody has approached me. I actually think its kind of cool to just wear a normal shirt with no name or logo on it at the match.

:cheers:

So have you been approached by any sponsors yet? Maybe you should talk to Beretta, without you they wouldn't even have a gun in the top ten. It's worth looking at.

Nobody has approached me. I actually think its kind of cool to just wear a normal shirt with no name or logo on it at the match.

Ya. You just got whooped by some no name dude! Kidding aside, I think it would be much cooler to get your tickets/gas/guns and ammo paid for, so you could attend without going into hock. ;)

JT

Considering Beretta doesn't make Ben's gun any more, what would they be advertising? :ph34r:

Customer: "I want a gun like Ben's so I can kick ass, too"

Beretta: "Sorry, we are no longer making guns that kick ass."

Kidding asside, I'd think Ben could make a good billboard for SOMEONE!

-rvb

Good job Ben! I know to you 3rd is not good enough and just more of a driving factor to be #1 next year. But you shot a strong match considering who you were shooting against. Biggest thing of all.....you kept your head in the game. That seems to be one of the biggest limiting factors for most folks in this sport.

I was on track to a top 16 finish but blew it on the last day. I looked at the results at day 2 and the pressure got the best of me on day 3 to finish strong and I blew it with stupid mistakes. I might write an article for your site about the mental game and my perspective of how it affects you.

Now where is the video?

Once again.....GOOD JOB DUDE!!! And you did it with a pizza cutter(Beretta) in an Under Armor shirt

Nationals After Action is on the website.

In short:

Aggression training and movement worked out quite a bit.

Now I need to work on:

Moving into position and taking hard shots

Making CRAZY shots (fast ass swingers, 25 yard heads, etc)

I am working up some drills to get me in shape. =)

Considering Beretta doesn't make Ben's gun any more, what would they be advertising? :ph34r:

Customer: "I want a gun like Ben's so I can kick ass, too"

Beretta: "Sorry, we are no longer making guns that kick ass."

Kidding asside, I'd think Ben could make a good billboard for SOMEONE!

-rvb

OK, so maybe not that particular gun but a Beretta of some description mabye - the 90 Two for example? Not really up on the good Beretta's, I haven't had much luck with them myself.

You're right though he would make a great billboard for someone.

Well done anyway Ben.

5 new drills are posted on my site.

I am sure that some of the loyal readers on here will give them a go and give me some feedback. Be sure to modify them to fit your needs.

I know that these drills are CRAZY tough in some cases, but I think that is a good thing.

I shot Hard Setup Shuffle and Three Grasp heads today. That was quite fun. These stages perfectly replicate the things I sucked ass on at nationals.

Lots more practice to come!