Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ipsc In Movies?

Has there ever been a movie with ipsc shooting in it? I can't think of one. The closest ipsc connection I can think of is Rising Sun, where Wesley Snipes carries a fully tricked out Springfield P-9 World Cup.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is movie from Hong Kong which has lot of IPSC...it is subtitled..much of the action is with IPSC race guns..hero and bad guy both use guns with scopes...

trying to remember the name..

In Eraser..main security guy has a Beretta I think with a c-more on it...

Double Tap was fairly entertaining, well worth the $7 :ph34r:

I've heard "match rumors" about Rising Son...something about that P9 being TGO's (stolen out of his car, eventually ended up the Stembridge Movie Rentals big-heap-o-guns). Any truth to that?

Jhgtyre: great Doc Savage avatar!

Alex

The Romeo + Juliet movie with Leo DiCaprio had something with a C-more on top of it in the first few minutes, and maybe a comp too. The badguy hits a nice moving target with it, of course he also clipped the C-more on the top a second before. Romeo also used a Para P13, you could see the slide in the death scene at the end.

The rumor about the P-9 is true.

Several of his heaters were ripped off while at the Golden Gate. The scope mounts were prototypes, so when he saw it in the movie he knew it was his.

He pursued the issue - but to no avail.

JB

• 9 months later...
Not an IPSC movie, but Jim Zubiena performed a Mozambique drill on an episode of Miami Vice. Very convincing as well, as he used to shoot with the Soutwest Pistol League in California.

That particular clip was sweet!

Jimmy Caan studied with Jeff Cooper (against his wishes, I remember reading somewhere that he thought he as a "nazi") before filming "Thief." Which is an all time favorite of mine. But the coolest part is the credits list "Guns by Hoage." All not IPSC, the gunhandling scenes are still pretty cool.

be

At the end of "Gross Point Blank" John Kusak gives the girl in the film (Mind fart, can't think of her name) a gun with a tube red-dot, and I believe a comp. No IPSC, but I will work on getting the part where Kusak finishes one of the bad guys with a frying pan into a future stage. :D

That's a Ruger pistol with the dot ... probably a KP89. The girl is the delightful and charming Miss Minnie Driver.

"Grosse Point Blank" is one of my favorite movies of all time, perhaps my most favorite.

Don't forget how he dispatched "Grocer" (Dan Ackroyd) with the television set!

I just got my DVD copy of "Double Tap" yesterday from an eBay vendor.

I can't seem to get the English subtitles to display, nor can I access the "special features."

Has anyone else had the same or similar trouble? Does it sound like I have defective DVD (or perhaps a poorly made illicit copy)? Or do I need to do something special with my DVD player?

Help!

rhino,

first of all is a burned copy or factory?

It looks like factory, but that can easily be faked with minimal investments. The DVD, for instance, has the image from the movie printed on top and it's in a professional-looking case that was shrink wrapped. Shrink wrap is incredibly cheap to do, of course.

There were no little pieces of "security tape" on the sides to hold it shut, though. But, that could be standard for Hong Kong.

you should be able to select or have the cursor set on english and press enter or play.

That's what I thought, but the cursor will not go to the special features and clicking on the English subtitles yields Chinese subtitles.

I sent a message to the eBay vendor and they claimed that it's not supposed to have English subtitles ... but it lists them on the box and they're on the menu. Here is what they (zshines@telus.net) said to me:

Hi, 'double tap' have no english subtitle, it would indicated in

auction, and no special feature otherwise would indicated in

auction as well.

Something is fishy ... I'm glad I only paid $5.95 for it.

Here is the URL: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...MEBWN%3AIT&rd=1