Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 Area 8 Championship

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

No deadline for a late fee, but if you want the TechWear Match T-Shirt shirt get your app in before 8/1/09

Match Hotel is the

Sleep Inn

5400 Southpoint blvd

Fredericksburg, VA

540-710-5500

sis@wytestone.com

Area 8 rate and/or group 100425

I haven't seen this asked/answered. Will self-squadding be used?

Nope, Linda Chico is doing stats and the squadding. Just include your squad requests when you send in your app

Alan

Thanks....

There is plenty of room on the bottom of the appllcation for squad requests. Or just email your request.

My policy on squadding is real simple: I intend to honor all squad requests. Period. I am a shooter, too, and I think when you spend that much money on a big match, you should be able to shoot with your friends. There are only 3 reasons why I would NOT be able to honor a request

1. The person you want to shoot with is not in the match (they never registered or they withdrew from the match)

2. The person you requested to squad with is shooting on a different day.

3. There are more than 10 shooters who wish to be squadded together.

I will email you if there is any problem with your squad request. If you do not hear from me, everything is fine. If you get to the match & it is not right, I will fix it.

See you at the range.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2009 Area 8 Statistician

Nope, Linda Chico is doing stats and the squadding. Just include your squad requests when you send in your app

Alan

Thanks....

There is plenty of room on the bottom of the appllcation for squad requests. Or just email your request.

My policy on squadding is real simple: I intend to honor all squad requests. Period. I am a shooter, too, and I think when you spend that much money on a big match, you should be able to shoot with your friends. There are only 3 reasons why I would NOT be able to honor a request

1. The person you want to shoot with is not in the match (they never registered or they withdrew from the match)

I will email you if there is any problem with your squad request. If you do not hear from me, everything is fine. If you get to the match & it is not right, I will fix it.

See you at the range.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2009 Area 8 Statistician

All of the above are some of the reasons why I asked Linda to be the Area 8 Stats officer this year. Thanks in advance Linda for the great job you will do.

Alan

All of the above are some of the reasons why I asked Linda to be the Area 8 Stats officer this year. Thanks in advance Linda for the great job you will do.

Alan

+1, I can't wait.

Alan

Thanks....

See you at the range.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2009 Area 8 Statistician

Thanks Linda... I'll include it in my app.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not going to complain about how far it is, I have my plane ticket, racking up lots of sky miles.

I have not sent in my entry yet, trying to figure out if this match is more Open or Limited friendly. If you have been to the Double Tap Championship that is definately a limited gun match, open close shots fast a furious. Texas State Open is tight tough and littered with no shoots, Open gun friendly. Any suggestions?

Is there a prize table, and if so is it order of finish or random drawing? Guns and slides?

Is the range compact or do I need to bring my 4 wheeler to get around?

I'm not going to complain about how far it is, I have my plane ticket, racking up lots of sky miles.

I have not sent in my entry yet, trying to figure out if this match is more Open or Limited friendly. If you have been to the Double Tap Championship that is definately a limited gun match, open close shots fast a furious. Texas State Open is tight tough and littered with no shoots, Open gun friendly. Any suggestions?

Is there a prize table, and if so is it order of finish or random drawing? Guns and slides?

Is the range compact or do I need to bring my 4 wheeler to get around?

Ron,

Still the match staff are still working on the stage designs. But it should be a fairly neutral match.

Prize table base on performance/order of finish Have some guns already committed, 6 C-More Certs, $1300 worth of Montana Gold certs. One custom gun to be given away by drawing to the competitors that shoot the match. 4 Ced Timers, 2 CED Chronos and more stuff to come

Range is compact enough so no four wheeler needed. 7 of the bays in a horsehoe layout.

Send in your app and if you need or want to change your division, no problem you can do that up to firing your first shot.

See you there!!! :cheers: