Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2008 USPSA Nationals Waitinglist

Rob Boudrie

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK.... less concerned now. Went into the "Edit Waitlist" link and BOTH my entries show. Cool.... As long as they are there, I can wait to find out the number for the Open list... :)

GREAT JOB, Rob!!! Terrific Improvement!!!

Thanks for all your hard work...

yeah that was a bit weird...my member display only shows the first match i signed up for... I have no clue on the Opn/L10 match... Thanks.

This has been fixed. I didn't spend a lot of time to make it pretty - I just wanted to get the info to everyone ASAP.

does anybody know what numbers got in last year?

Reading a post from last year, there were over 80 invites from the waiting list (if I am reading it correctly) on the uspsa-nationals page for LPR.

Mike

Edited by mike_pinto

Reading a post from last year, there were over 80 invites from the waiting list (if I am reading it correctly) on the uspsa-nationals page for LPR.

Mike

I was 178 last year on the Production waiting list and got in.

Mike

I hope this is true...I wasn't at my computer last night and didn't see that the post about the wait list until this morning...What is up with announcing it only 4 hours before hand? Last year didn't the wait list only open after the deadline for sent slots pass?

Crud! I'm sitting at place 129 for the L10...:(

I'm really, really, really unhappy that I didn't know about this until this morning. :angry:

I'll be in Tulsa anyway for the Ltd match, guess I can get to the range at Oh-Dark-Thirty for the day of the match wait list if I don't get in via the online wait list.

:( :( :(

Mike

I hope this is true...I wasn't at my computer last night and didn't see that the post about the wait list until this morning...What is up with announcing it only 4 hours before hand? Last year didn't the wait list only open after the deadline for sent slots pass?

Crud! I'm sitting at place 129 for the L10...:(

I'm really, really, really unhappy that I didn't know about this until this morning. :angry:

I'll be in Tulsa anyway for the Ltd match, guess I can get to the range at Oh-Dark-Thirty for the day of the match wait list if I don't get in via the online wait list.

:( :( :(

You try-ed that same worn out thing with the dinner date :unsure: ........

:wub: do you still love me

..What is up with announcing it only 4 hours before hand?

The assertion that only "4 hours notice" was given is inaccurate.

1. The "official announcement" was contained in the Executive Director's column in Front Sight magazine (the issue that was delivered over a month ago). Although pretty much everyone uses the web, USPSA still considers Front Sight to be our official communication method. In fact, a basic requirement HQ established for the waiting list was that it MUST be announced in Front sight, not just on the internet.
  2. The "USPSA News and Anoucments" text at the bottom of www.uspsa.org has mentioned the waiting list for a some time (not sure, I think it's weeks)
  3. An anoucement regarding the waiting list was posted on www.uspsa-nationals.org (the official site linked from www.uspsa.org) on April 3 and has remained up since that time.
  4. The link at the top of www.uspsa.org was not intended as the "official announcement", but as a navigation aid to help people find the waiting list.
  5. The waitlist went live at exactly the promised time. We even synchronized the clock on the USPSA web server with the time service provided by the National Institute of Standards and Technology so you could, quite literally, set your watch by the time the wait list opened.

Last year didn't the wait list only open after the deadline for sent slots pass?

Correct. It's a bit different this year, however, the official announcements covered that.

We separated signing up for the list from payment (you pay after signing up, so you get onto the waitlist before we handshake with the credit card processor). The list was opened a week earlier than the time we are going to give out slots so that (a) people will have plenty of time to pay the waitlist fee, and (b ) If someone gets on the wait list but encounters a problem when paying the fee, there will be time to address the issue before slots are offered.

Fabulous job Rob.

Let's put it this way. If the Rockies ever make it to the playoffs again, I'm going to give them your name so they'll be able to sell their tickets without having to redo the process! Maybe you'll even get paid that way B)

#37 LPR, #66 O10 this year.

#76 LPR in '07 and got in easily, I think it went into the the mid 100's.

It sure went smooth this year, I only have dial up and still got in and out without problems. Thanks Rob!

I'd bet you'll have a good chance this year if you're anywhere near 100.

Dave Williams

1. The "official announcement" was contained in the Executive Director's column in Front Sight magazine (the issue that was delivered over a month ago). Although pretty much everyone uses the web, USPSA still considers Front Sight to be our official communication method. In fact, a basic requirement HQ established for the waiting list was that it MUST be announced in Front sight, not just on the internet.
  2. The "USPSA News and Anoucments" text at the bottom of www.uspsa.org has mentioned the waiting list for a some time (not sure, I think it's weeks)
  3. An anoucement regarding the waiting list was posted on www.uspsa-nationals.org (the official site linked from www.uspsa.org) on April 3 and has remained up since that time.
  4. The link at the top of www.uspsa.org was not intended as the "official announcement", but as a navigation aid to help people find the waiting list.
  5. The waitlist went live at exactly the promised time. We even synchronized the clock on the USPSA web server with the time service provided by the National Institute of Standards and Technology so you could, quite literally, set your watch by the time the wait list opened.

Last year didn't the wait list only open after the deadline for sent slots pass?

Correct. It's a bit different this year, however, the official announcements covered that.

We separated signing up for the list from payment (you pay after signing up, so you get onto the waitlist before we handshake with the credit card processor). The list was opened a week earlier than the time we are going to give out slots so that (a) people will have plenty of time to pay the waitlist fee, and (b ) If someone gets on the wait list but encounters a problem when paying the fee, there will be time to address the issue before slots are offered.

That's quite enough of your crazy "logic" If Carina didn't see the notice it wasn't up. Besides, I don't want to mess with her, she can shoot and kick my a__

Sorry Rob - No offense intended. It was announced via USPSA's print media which is sufficient.

Unfortunately I didn't receive the May/June issue of Front Sight - I'm sure my mail carrier is enjoying it or some tree hugger recycled it trying to protect me from myself. I haven't looked at the USPSA web page since SS Nationals and that was at the match results section. It wasn't up at that time.

Oh well, one of those things. I'll just keep my fingers crossed for luck...obviously not while I'm shooting. :rolleyes:

We were completely without power last night due to the severe storms that struck our area. I'm at the office now, but the power is still off at home. Now I had a slot and Sam isn't shooting this year, so it wasn't any big deal, but I would be pretty upset if I had been relying on the internet waiting list to get one or both of us into the match. If there are other shooters trying to get on the waiting list who were affected by the storms, I would hope USPSA could find a way to accommodate them.

You try-ed that same worn out thing with the dinner date :unsure: ........

:wub: do you still love me

I didn't try anything...worn out or otherwise....and I think the answer is no - nyah nyah. :P