Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Punks

Nate

So I have lived in my house for six years and the neighborhood has been quiet and friendly. On Tuesday someone breaks out the lift gate window of my wifes Bravada....$465.00 plus as yet unspecified body damage. Friday night my buick gets the rear window smashed out...........$313.00 to fix plus more unspecifed body damage. I find out that 8 houses have had windows broken out with rocks within a block. Lots of guesses but havn't seen it happen so....I put up some video equipment tonight. Saved hard to go on vacation and now half the money is going to fix what some piece of crap does because his mommy didn't treat him right. May sleep in the car with my light and baton tonight; see how fast the punk can run.

About 6 years ago or so, my son put a golf ball thru a window while playing over at the school, cost me 200.00......he came home and told me he did it, it was an accident... is it too hard for parents and kids to fess up and do the right thing anymore???

Accidents are accidents, shit happens, I understand that.....maybe yours wasnt an accident? maybe you should have bought a couple of boxes of girl scout cookies when that little girl knocked on your door.....LMAO :goof:

I've lived in my neighborhood for 30 years, and 'crime' runs in spurts. Every generation of kids has their delinquents. One year, it was mailboxes. 5 to 8 years later, it was broken windows. This year (again, after about 8 years of peace), it was cut tires.

Edited by Tom S.

I went out one morning to find a rock had been thrown through the back window of my BMW. I am sure it was some dirt bag kid who just decided to throw it as he walked by for no good reason. Just a random thing.

Neal in AZ

Edited by Intel6

The sheriff will bring by his special night vision motion detector camera in the next couple of days and we will see how things go. I hope we are done with it but would sure like to catch this guy. The home owners assoc. may offer a reward and that could be productive. One dirt bag ratting out another is my hope.

The sheriff will bring by his special night vision motion detector camera in the next couple of days and we will see how things go. I hope we are done with it but would sure like to catch this guy. The home owners assoc. may offer a reward and that could be productive. One dirt bag ratting out another is my hope.

You let that pup in your avatar pic grow and get some meat behind those teeth, and let him sleep in the car...

Why not get one of those game trail cameras for $70? Just tack the cost onto the parents' bill...

I like Eric's idea. Get a digital one and then post the little creep's picture on the Home Owners Association's website asking if anyone can identify him.

Hopefully he will live nearby and everyone can identify him. That will really make his parents proud.

Bill

• 3 months later...

After catching him on my new fancy video system in early July, I got the joy of watching a County Detictive drive him from house to house and him admitting breaking the windows. I will never see a dollar but I can sleep tonight. Hello felony. Better yet he had another warrant. This is a good day for our family and the 14 other neighbors who fell victim to this POS.

After catching him on my new fancy video system in early July, I got the joy of watching a County Detictive drive him from house to house and him admitting breaking the windows. I will never see a dollar but I can sleep tonight. Hello felony. Better yet he had another warrant. This is a good day for our family and the 14 other neighbors who fell victim to this POS.

Was it a kid living with their parents or someone over 18? If the former, I would file a claim against their homeowner insurance policy, or if that is not possible, take them to small claims court.

Probably no hope of ever getting much restitution but we will see. I work in corrections and the Probation office is across the street so I will be able to "encourage" them to press the issue.

Awesome! :cheers:

But still too bad you can deduct it from his ass...

No joke... personal satisfaction would be near ecstasy with something like this.

Was it a kid living with their parents or someone over 18? If the former, I would file a claim against their homeowner insurance policy, or if that is not possible, take them to small claims court.

Here in FL, if under 18, (a minor), the parents are 100% responsible for the actions of their heathen offspring. Believe me, daddy ain't gonna be happy having to shell out a few grand for junior's emotional problems, and will more than likely take out his frustration on the aforementioned junior's hindquarters.

Glad it all worked out for you and your neighbors :)

and will more than likely take out his frustration on the aforementioned junior's hindquarters.

If Daddy had done that, ever, the punk wouldn't have been running around breaking windows. ;)

Nate, way to go! It seems the good guys don't win nearly often enough.

Thanks for the good words. If the little fellow had to pay for all the damage he has done it would come in over $18,000 to date but the number could go up. 21, addicted to drugs, unemployed and now eating free meals. I can live with the last one.

From the perp side of things,

In 1976 when I was seven, I woke up early and went out walking around the neighborhood. My parents and sisters were sleeping when I left SO I THOUGHT! Found a pile of large rocks that were in front of a house being built and started throwing.( The rocks were for the leach field that was being installed.) I saw that the windows were there in the garage waiting to be installed. I broke one and was aiming for the next when I noticed my Father watching and walking towards me QUICKLY!

He knocked me off my feet with the side of his foot and read me the riot act through gritted teeth. The look on his face I have seen only a couple of times since, I hope to never anger him that way again. I ended up sweeping that job up every day after school. (2nd grade, and all my friends walked by that house to go to baseball practice and would make fun of my stupidity!) I never vandalized anything again, and beleive me that I remember that kick and that look to this very day! I hope that this kid gets his stuff together and learns something about respecting the community and oneself.

But I'm not holding my breath <_<