Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saved it to my computer just in time for the "closure".

ETA: You know. It isn't just new popcorn emoticons that are changed. Every old use of the popcorn eater is now a jiggler. That isn't cool. Hackers.

Edited by Steve J

I'll take a stab at it, It was used by people when they knew there was a arguement or a thread was on it's way to being closed. For the simple reason of boosting their post count. Could that be close?

Kevin

It was used by people when they knew there was a arguement or a thread was on it's way to being closed.

Congrats. ;)

Please allow 4 - 6 weeks for delivery of your cookie.

The "I can't wait to watch this train wreck" attitude does nothing to help anyone on this forum.

It was used by people when they knew there was a arguement or a thread was on it's way to being closed.

Congrats. ;)

The "I can't wait to watch this train wreck" attitude does nothing to help anyone on this forum.

Huh, where have we seen this recently ??? :huh:

Thats sarcasism !! :D

Edited by DIRTY CHAMBER

Congrats. ;)

Well, there are plenty of examples where it was used for reasons other than that. And taking away the "edit" function on posts where the jiggly tits now appear is quite childish. :wacko: I for one want the jiggle tits off of my posts. :angry:

Makes me wonder what the Ladies on the Forum think about "whoever" in their infinite wisdom decided to use this as a "punishment" for those who used the popcorn icon.

Two wrongs................

Edited by Merlin Orr

Makes me wonder what the Ladies on the Forum think about "whoever" in their infinite wisdom decided to use this as a "punishment" for those who used the popcorn icon.

Two wrongs................

+1

I think this is inappropriate and offensive

Brian changed it.

Punishment? Perhaps the jesters need to roll with the joke.

It sure seems to be getting some attention. Good.

The ladies on the forum...what about the children? Who will save the children???

Gee, I think someone means me! If that's the case, the switcheroo wasn't punishment at all 'cos I never saw the offending emoticon. Besides, I wouldn't care if I did see it. 1. I'm a 1st Gen Swedish American raised with liberal attitudes about nudity. 2. I own a pair. Nothing new to see for me. :D Now Z might be disappointed!

However, the use of the popcorn emoticon in a post on a "heated" discussion/thread isn't necessarily "waiting for the train wreck." Perhaps the intention was a friendly reminder to keep things civil....maybe because I was interested in reading a thoughtful discussion. Even if it were a "jab" at those whose egos were in conflict, it certainly could only be construed as a light hearted one.

If I wasn't the intended recipient, then in the immortal words of Emily Litella (Gilda Radner), "Never mind!"

Punishment for using it... Punishment for using something made available on the forum for use. Might as well punish us for using :roflol: or :ph34r: or :wacko: which I really quite often find truly offensive in posts by self proclamed know it alls.

Lighten up folks. Humor has it's place.

Sorry, my bad. Or good, depending on how you take it. Actually, I need to get my prescription changed because I didn't know / couldn't see that they were boobies! I just thought it was a silly girl shaking her hands around going naa na na na naa na.

:roflol:

We've had a lot of comlaints on the popcorn avatar. Which made me sad because I really liked it, cause I LOVE popcorn, and I even love just knowing that I'm going to eat some popcorn. But mostly it was just misused as kinda of a smirky way to end a post. Or also, it kinda was used like - let's eat some popcorn and watch the shitstorm that's coming now...

If you're still seeing anything now, it's because your browser has cached it. I'm awaiting a suitable replacement.

be

Punishment for using it... Punishment for using something made available on the forum for use. Might as well punish us for using :roflol: or :ph34r: or :wacko: which I really quite often find truly offensive in posts by self proclamed know it alls.

Lighten up folks. Humor has it's place.

Lighten up..?

Humor...?

Do I LOOK like I have a sense of HUMOR! Just look at my avatar! :angry2:

:closedeyes: