Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I finally did it also!

3GunF1Guy

I finally shot my first 25 in skeet. This is after MANY 24's and a boatload of 22-23's. What I'm really happy about is that I did it in competition, with everyone watching and keeping score. I always have a bad habit of dropping one on station 5 or 6. I have made it to station 7 a few times but get over confident and drop an easy one. (I hate that!) Skeet sure has helped my sporting clays game and thats why I started. The funny thing is I have this horrible trigger jerk with my pistol and after shooting the shotgun consistently it has really helped my trigger control with the pistol. The pistol shooting feels much smoother and faster. Maybe it's trigger control and maybe it's being under the pressure of competition more often that has helped my pistol shooting.

Scott

Outstanding and congrats.

Now you've got that out of the way you can focus now on hitting the bird of the moment and ignoring the big picture.

Shot my first handgun match in several months recently. Hadn't picked up a handgun in 3 months as I've been concentrating on shotgun and rifle. Funny that I was smoother and more accurate with the handgun than I was before. Got to be some crossover from the long gun sports.

I suck at skeet shooting mostly in the high teens. Just don't shoot it enough. Sporting clays is sporting clays. Some days I'm a hero but mostly I'm a zero. My trap game is coming along. Averages moving up fraction by fraction.

It is a great feeling isn't it. I broke my first 25 when I was 17 years old with a Reminton 1100 28ga. with a skeet barrel. I compete in the Texas Police olympics each year so I try to get a few rounds in when I can. Last year I went all year without shooting any clays and I busted 96 out of 100. I wish I had the time and money to shoot USPSA and clays equally.

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulations!

I've never shot any clays competition. Guess I'll have to soon, since the smoothbore is my weak game in multigun. I did shoot a round of skeet last fall after a tactical shotgun match, and I learned just how bad I suck with a shotgun!

3 things have been keeping me from the shotgun sports:

1. I don't really need another expensive hobby.

2. Hard to find time for even more matches.

3. The local skeep/trap club mixes alcohol and shooting. Bad form. That alone pretty much keeps me away. If they start tossing out the drinkers, I might take it up. (I love my bourbon and scotch, btw, but I just believe it belongs after the guns are put away.)

3. The local skeep/trap club mixes alcohol and shooting. Bad form. That alone pretty much keeps me away. If they start tossing out the drinkers, I might take it up. (I love my bourbon and scotch, btw, but I just believe it belongs after the guns are put away.)

Now all they need are the golf carts and they'll be set! :roflol:

Way to go Scott !!! :cheers::cheers:

I would like to try shotgun games but never find the time, or the excuse.. :o

I think handling any of the guns alot improves your feel with all three, a trigger is a trigger !! ;)

You know what this means now, no presure :D but everyone is going to be watching you on the flippers now !!! :lol:

Congrats !!!

• 3 weeks later...