Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

magnetic mag holder!

steel1212

Better yet. Just buy a 1" rare earth magnet and use silicone sealant to glue it to the exposed side of one of your existing mag pouches. Then it's available any time you need it. Should cost all of $1.89.

Rare Earth Magnet. Then enter "magnet" in the search cell.

Heck, just rip apart an old computer hard-drive. Two mega-strong magnets in there.

Of course I don't really want my belt to be sticking to all sorts of things on and off the range, so think I'll pass ;)

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have one ofthe Ghost products magnet pouches. It goes off and on the belt easily. Just push in the retainers clips and off it goes,...

I have not used them in competition,..although it should be practiced. I saw a few shooters fumble with them,..and then shoot a stage and not even touch the mag they put on the magnet. Wasted a small amount of time.

THe best set up would be magnets on the outside of mag pouches,..to the side,..not the front.

mine stays on my back,.and I put my LAMR mag or my stripper mag on it.

THe best set up would be magnets on the outside of mag pouches,..to the side,..not the front.

But you're likely to break the 50mm max distance from the body rule here, aren' t you?

Edited by SouthpawG26

But you're likely to break the 50mm max distance from the body rule here, aren' t you?

it would if you started the stage with the mags on the outside of the mag body on the magnet,..but if you started with the mags say on a table,..after the audible, you can show the mags anywhere you want,..put them in your mouth,...your front pocket....etc..or on the magnet.

I'm still waiting to see somebody with a belt full of these go prone on a range with a bunch of old steel-case brass lying around...

I'm going to make one to play with, but I don't yet see a big advantage (especially in Open where you only need one) as yet-- you'd save half a second over seating the mag in a pouch? Then you have to worry about it falling off or what angle it's at later? Then you have to spend the entire match walking around with a big horking magnet strapped to your waist (no changing your belt accouterments during the match, remember rule 5.2.5.3). No doubt that will provide hours of entertainment for squad-mates with loose staples, tables, chairs and assorted magnetic detritus.

Here is a great source for rare earth magnets and you can get 10 one inch discs for $9.00 at http://www.rare-earth-magnets.com/

These are actually ideal for 3 gun in that you put the ar pouches on the left side of the body, the holster and shotshell carriers (for strong hand reload) on the right side of the body and then attach the magnets to the exterior of the ar pouches to hold extra pistol mags. Of course if left handed, reverse these instructions

I'm still waiting to see somebody with a belt full of these go prone on a range with a bunch of old steel-case brass lying around...

I'm going to make one to play with, but I don't yet see a big advantage (especially in Open where you only need one) as yet-- you'd save half a second over seating the mag in a pouch? Then you have to worry about it falling off or what angle it's at later? Then you have to spend the entire match walking around with a big horking magnet strapped to your waist (no changing your belt accouterments during the match, remember rule 5.2.5.3). No doubt that will provide hours of entertainment for squad-mates with loose staples, tables, chairs and assorted magnetic detritus.

Here under the IPSC rules....pretty much everybody has one or more, in form or another on their belt....and they work well nobody screw around ;) there is a rules for that :roflol::cheers:

I bought one of the Double Alpha magnetic holders to use when you have table starts will ALL mags on the table. ...I got tired of wasting time trying to put my mags into the pouch.

One thing though....don't get your IPOD anywhere near it. In a brain fart moment, I clipped my IPOD to my belt next to it and that was all she wrote. ...Luckily I had about a week left on my warranty and got a new one. I told the Apple guy that lightening must have hit the house when it was charging. :D

• 2 years later...

Note: Merged threads - Admin.

I am looking at getting a few of the DAA magnetic mag holders but was wondering if they work with Glock mags? I know the newer mags are metal lined, however will the magnet still working through the plastic shell / body?

Thanks,

Blcksmk

Wondering if these would be Production Division legal for a starter mag carried in front of the hip. The mag would be loaded into the gun before stage start so the carrier would be empty. Would be nice to not have to dig around in my pocket for a starter mag. Thoughts? Thanks.