Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

GLOCK 21 Owners! Whats Your Opinion?

SSGF109

It just happened that I had all three to compare side by side in the shop last week. Sorry. My apologies to the gods of the small block Chevy.

I was only teasing (in a good way). I really meant that the M&P can only be equally compared to the Glocks now that there are TruGrip wraps available for it. Before that, no non-TruGrip'd gun could ever compare to one that was "wrapped".

-Cuz.

And, just to keep things on topic, I've had my G21 for a little over a year. The gun is big, but once you you wrap the grips the gun sticks in your hand and doesn't feel all that big anymore. Makes all the difference in the world.

I have both a G21 that I did a grip reduction and stipple job on and a G21SF.

Even with the grip reduction, the G21SF has a smaller/better grip. I would stipple the G21SF too, but it is a department owned weapon.

I have had zero failures with either pistol, and I have been shooting the G21 on duty and in IDPA for almost two years now.

I used to shoot both a .45 1911 and a .45 Sig P220. The G21 controls recoil and muzzle flip better than either of those two pistols.

My G21SF is bone stock.

My G21 has the following mods: Ghost 3.5# rocket connector, Wolff extra power trigger spring, $.25 trigger job, 13# recoil spring with stainless steel guide rod, Heinie wide notch rear sight, Ameriglo .125" tritium dot front sight.

I love the G21. I thought the grip was too big at first, but in reality I have no problem reaching the trigger correctly (that is all that really matters about the grip size). Once I got used to it, it just seems to fit and I have medium sized hands (I've always had trouble reaching the mag release on a 1911). Shot recovery is fast due to the low bore axis. Magazine capacity is great.

If you decide to get one, I would recommend the G21SF with the Glock rail and the standard mag catch (not the ambi. one). I have the ambi catch on mine and prefer the standard catch on my G21 (I can use any G21 mag I come across and it doesn't scrap my palm).

Hope this helps.

If you decide to get one, I would recommend the G21SF with the Glock rail and the standard mag catch (not the ambi. one).

Shirley, you must be joking. There are TWO flavors of G21SF? :o Is the standard, non-ambi mag catch 21SF a LE-issue only gun or do I just not frequent the right gun stores?

Thanks!

Eric

P.S. I'm searching and finding bupkus.... :(

Edited by EricW

The first Glock I bought was a G21 in about '92 or 93. Shot local matches with it for a year or two, several thousand rounds and no problems. I still have it, and although I mostly shoot G22's & 35's now, I love the 21.

I love them even more now that I just TruGrip'ed 'em!!

If loving Glock is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

The G21 is one of my favorite Glocks. I felt it was not getting enough attention so I started using it for IDPA SSP. It is also my only Glock that is still in the stock configuration.

Edited by PLINK

The G21 is one of my favorite Glocks. I felt it was not getting enough attention so I started using it for IDPA SSP. It is also my only Glock that is still in the stock configuration.

I really like the way My G21 shoots, have you seen a lot of G21 used in IDPA matches?

When I made the switch to Glock, my first gun was the G24C. I liked it so well that I then purchased a G21, despite the feeling that I was deserting my old faithful Wilson / Bar-Sto Colt 1911. I need not have worried. I'll never part from the G21; the SF has no attraction for me, since my hands are plenty big enough for the G21.

I really like the way My G21 shoots, have you seen a lot of G21 used in IDPA matches?

As far as I know, I think I am the only one using the G21 for SSP at my local club matches. A few others may be using the G21 for CDP.

Luv my G21, carry it everyday at work. Hits what I'm aiming at, runs perfect, 13+1 rds of 45. M&P cant say that, 13 rds that is.......and not enough of a track record yet to see if they are that reliable. Time will tell. Can't believe they only got it to fit 10 rds though, what a waste.

The one and only drawback to the G21 is that is not for small hands.

I started shooting with a Glock 21.

At one time I had two, and one was brand new.

I have small/medium hands and wish I had BOTH back BAD!!!

FM

Edited by Front Man

I have owned a G-21 since the mid to late 80s... or about 5 or 6 months after they were available.... and it has been 100% reliable.

So after probably 50,000 rounds.. I effectively retired it... because I was getting into serious competition shooting. But that gun has the original recoil springs and all internals in it...

Need I say more???

For competition... not so hot in it's "stock" mode compared to a 1911 or a G - 34....... but out of the guns in my safe I would bet my life on... The G-21 would be a "high pick".

Edited to add.. I loved the G-21 but it was WAY TO BIG for concealed carry.. so I bought a G -30 and it was a huge disappointment. Then I bought a G-36. That was my carry gun for 3 or 4 years. SWEET... but then I re-discovered 1911s and BHPs and the glocks just live in my safe.

Edited by MichiganShootist

I love the Glock 21, but the Glock 21 SF feels better in my hands. It is still a big pistol, but my 21SF has never malfunctioned.

First set of pictures is my friend's Glock 21 that I did a grip reduction and stippling.

z-pics035.jpg

z-pics033.jpg

z-pics038.jpg