Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Custom STI Edge

Chris Keen

I just got my Edge back from my pistol-smith (Buddy Runner). He lightened the slide to match the cut I have on my open blaster. He also cut the frame down to a short length. I took it to the range today and shot about 200 rounds through it, without a single hiccup. :)

I love the look of the barrel showing through the slide, but more importantly I like how the sights return faster, and the lighter frame / slide makes the gun so much lighter it's a little easier to draw.

Just keep in mind that this is still a work in progress. Eventually I'd like to get this thing chromed, once I get everything the way I want it. :wub:

post-4139-1206585423.jpg post-4139-1206585416.jpg post-4139-1206585429.jpg post-4139-1206585437.jpg post-4139-1206590805.jpg

[open gun pic shown for refrence ]

Edited by CHRIS KEEN

DUDE! Ya trying to make that thing look like a G-LOCK? J/K...looks good.

I picked up a buddies tactial the other day and it felt like a brick compared to my short dust cover gun. I'm starting to get excited about my new gun with tri-top and slide cuts!

Yup, I want to make a few more cuts before I'm done. Pretty sure I want to make some stirrup cuts on the lower front of the slide. But havent yet decided if we should take more metal (elsewhere) away yet or not.

It sure does draw easier.

I will trade you my three legged Basset hound.....he is almost house broken :surprise:

Nice looking pistola B)

Jim :)

That trade is better than if you traded for Paul Whitacre's beagle that craps in the house and then the vaccum robots slings it everywhere. :blink:B):lol::lol::P;)

• 10 months later...

Just got my LTD gun back from APW with a new coat of hard-chrome. Took it to the range last night and fired 120 rds. through it without a single hiccup. Sights were drifted in, and off by only 3 clicks down.

I gotta hand it to the guys at APW. They did it a little different than Tripp did on my open gun, but I like it alot. They brushed the frame in a vertical manner, and then brushed the slide horizontally for a little bit of contrast.

I like it alot and was really amazed that I had no problems at the range.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here it is from start to finish ..........

LTDEDGE1.jpg

100_5819.jpg

100_5822.jpg

100_5813.jpg

Took about a year and a half from the time I ordered the Edge till now. It's been to 2 Nationals, 5 Area matches, and a whole slew of states. Finished just in time for the start of this season. I can't wait. B)

Edited by CHRIS KEEN