Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

negitivity towards Glocks?

Dan Hefta

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a silly thread.

I get crap for having a BLUE Glock more than shooting a Glock. I get crap for wearing BLUE to matches more than when I wear a t-shirt and shorts.

Who really gives a...crap? Busting balls is a big part of this sport! If you can't take the ballbusting, then you are probably not in the right sport!

Glock-STI-M&P-CZ-XD-SV...see a connection? They are all guns. If you see them in the hands of others at matches then they are all tools that others are using to compete with in our sports...so do we really want to feud with them?

In the end, it is all about your abilities. Not a whole lot of people talk shit to Sevigny and Vogel for shooting Glocks.

Got a couple my self. Other than the "iron" sights I have no problems with them...Actually, I have a problem with ALL IRON sighted guns.....the 35 has a M6 laser light on it which is pretty cool....even better than a c-more....

I am wondering why there are so many shooters at matches that have nothing good to say about Glocks? I here it all of the time, a lot of the time the same guy that says a negitive comment has gun problems when he's shooting. Are they jealous? My Glock just works, the only time it doesn't is when I try some mod or have ammo problems. :angry2:

Where I live there is a huge Glock following and they are the most vocal about how Glocks are "perfect" and everything else is lacking. This is while the Glocks around them are malfunctioning (magically always due to the mythical "limp wristing") and the 1911s and 2011s are running great and winning the matches.

I never walk up to someone and say "why are you shooting that piece of crap you need a Les Baer." That would be rude. They're shooting what they thought they liked or could afford. But the faithful always seem to want to tell me that I need a Glock because 1911s jam, whereas Glocks are "perfect". Not in my experience.

As a hobbyist ipsc shooter. It's kind of like having a "quiver" of snowboards or surfboards.

for production, I shoot a glock. If/When my SV pukes in limited/L-10, I can screw a magwell on my glock and have a perfect backup.

(and yes my glock's trigger is sub #2).

for single stack I have several just to be in the single stack elitist snob club <_<

Open is my brazos. I have no current plans to change my glock out for anything but maybe a Mink triggered SP-01 as a useless "back up" to the most reliable gun I own, and It's never seen a gunsmith once. (knocking on wood)

;)

I have 1911s, yes that was plural.

I have a 2011, and will have plural in the future.

I have Glocks, again plural.

I shoot them all with equal levels of mediocre skill. :blink:

I once had a co-worker seriously question why I did not shoot my duty weapon (a sig p228) in competition. I told him it didn't matter what I shot, it only mattered I shot more and became more skilled. The platform was not the point or the ends to the means. He didn't get it.

As for why they razz you for the gun you shoot. It probably mostly play. Analyze the social interactions of a group of mostly males during any competition and you will find an over abundance of testosterone. Being able to take the BS with that usually weeds out the less inclined. In other words, male bonding.....

Hmmmmm the address bar says Brianenos..... Thought I was on Glock Talk for a minute........... Ah wait, but no name calling or anyone getting banned....... Just..........Adult conversation........interesting............ :cheers:

What a silly thread.

I get crap for having a BLUE Glock more than shooting a Glock. I get crap for wearing BLUE to matches more than when I wear a t-shirt and shorts.

Who really gives a...crap? Busting balls is a big part of this sport! If you can't take the ballbusting, then you are probably not in the right sport!

Glock-STI-M&P-CZ-XD-SV...see a connection? They are all guns. If you see them in the hands of others at matches then they are all tools that others are using to compete with in our sports...so do we really want to feud with them?

In the end, it is all about your abilities. Not a whole lot of people talk shit to Sevigny and Vogel for shooting Glocks.

Blue aint no big deal :rolleyes: .....Try pink and see what happens :blink:

LMAO :goof:

Jim

"If" I were to admit that a Glock is a fine piece of machinery that works then there would

be no justification for my 2011. I would have to join "that" group. The thing is like $400.00,

anybody can get that. :lol:

I would have to load my ammo to a normal lenth, leave my extractor and feed ramp alone, and most

of all I would have to use the same untuned out of the box mags as everyone else. I'm just not ready

for that. Snob ! :lol::P

shhhhhhh......I sleep with XD's....

Edited by DIRTY CHAMBER

Sorry that I opened up any old wounds, I'm a newb. I was bored at work.

No wounds! We are all being very nice [sO FAR] because we just went through this like two months

ago or something, and that one got ugly !!! :cheers:

Edited by DIRTY CHAMBER