Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sevigny LOADS?

Dan Hefta

Could it be the tape he uses :goof:

Actually, Dave Sevigny does not use grip tape, at least that's the last word I heard.

Neither grip-juju nor ammo explain why Mr. Sevigny shoots as well as he does, and the muzzle rise of his Glock is what it is.

The forum does hold a lot of the answers, however. As does Brian's book, Steve Anderson's books, and Saul Kirsch's books, all of which are available by clicking on the banner above.

Edited by EricW

I read somewhere that AA&A loaded him 50k rounds of that 147 gr load with a experimental powder that was a joint effort between Vhit, Hogdon and some Chinese propellant manufacturers. It has a really odd pressure curve that that just has some ballisticians cross-eyed. Anyway, I don't think this powder has made it to the shelves of our local dealers just yet, but I hear it is on the way. It should be something if it gets here.

Historically he has been very close to 125 PF.

Not sure which history you're referring to. I've shot with Dave many times and he's always been the same at the Chrono station that I would expect, between 130-134 pf. I use the exact same ammo he does and get similar results, as did about half the Production Super Squad. There's nothing special about it. It's AA&A 9147GL load. Some use it in new brass and others use it in once fired, but most of the guys were using it. Here's the secret, Dave's a strong guy shooting a gun with a low bore axis and a seriously slow moving bullet. There are a lot of shooters out there that can get the same lack of muzzle flip that Dave does, it's the rest of what he does that makes him as good as he is.

I know he is as good as he is and it's not because of his loads, I'm just asking about his loads. I know he practices all the time,I know that I don't have the time or raw talent to shoot like him and I never will. I'm new at reloading and I thought why not try the same or similar load as the best Glock shooter there is. Thanks, Dan :rolleyes:

At the area 5 match i won a $50 certificate for Atlanta Arms. I decided to try The team glock load, that you are referring to. THe load has a 147 Grain holllow point bullet, I am guessing it is a Zero, and Brand new Starline Brass. Powder Unknown. The ammo is almost too pretty to shoot. I did shoot about 20 rounds of the stuff, and it is Way lighter then my Clays 147 load I used in production. I ended up getting 3 boxes for my $50 at last springs prices, so it is not too expensive either.

I use the remanufactured stuff. AA&A normally uses a 147 gr. Zero bullet although I've had some batches with some different bullets. The powder that he was using a year or two ago was Viht, however there is no guarantee that he still is. I never got the number of the powder and I'm not sure if it's commercially available. The ammo is about $215.00 per 1000, plus shipping. With the way 9mm prices have gone up in my neck of the woods it's actually not that much more than going to the local discount place and buy Remington.

Right now I am shooting 115gr Montana Gold FMJ with Power Pistol powder 5.6gr, I'm at 131 PF I just received 4000 bullets. So to make a long story short I am reserching for next season. Everyone seems to be going with 147gr, guess I will have to quit being so cheap. thanks again for all of the advise. I love this forum , Dan

For today, I'd manage your gear based on what's fun and affordable. And with lead being what it is, I'd err on the side of affordable.

Edited by EricW

switch to using CLAYS with the 115, almost as soft as the 147 ammo and WAY cheaper.

hodgdon has data for this application and its right on the power factor.

Harmon

Thanks for that info Harmon, I will try out the clays I do like the affordablity of 115gr bullets. The more bullets I can make the more I can shoot. :cheers: