Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The rules don't define (unless I missed it) is it 1000.00 for all pros or are there class in the pro division.

He stated top 10 in the nationals? In what Class or is that over all top ten. If it is overall finish then there would not be any reason for a non-Pro entry because the chance to win something of value equal or greater than the entry fee is not there.

Revolver gets left out.

Did you think that they would be included?

remember the firearm with the "little round thinggy" is not really a gun or a sport. :angry2:

Maybe he should only have 8 shots in a mag after the start signal and allow some very good Revolver Grand Masters to partake in the chance to win big money instead of fame and glory and 50.00 worth of product.

The rules don't define (unless I missed it) is it 1000.00 for all pros or are there class in the pro division.

He stated top 10 in the nationals? In what Class or is that over all top ten. If it is overall finish then there would not be any reason for a non-Pro entry because the chance to win something of value equal or greater than the entry fee is not there.

I wouldn't be there for prizes or money. I would be there to improve my shooting and see, up front, How the Pro's shoot. What you going to consider Pro? Is there going to be a mandatory top 10 finish or of equal?

It seemed clear to me. Pro is a class by itself. A stage win is worth $1000. If there is a tie on a stage that $1000 is added to the next stage where the winner would then take $2000. All other pros get nothing if they didn't win the stage. That's the way I read it. I would also assume top ten overall in the nationals.

The prize table and/or recouping my entry fee has not been and I guess will never be my motivation for shooting a match. 1. I want to shoot the match 2. I want see how well I do. The prize table is way down on the bottom of my list of priorities.

Maybe he should only have 8 shots in a mag after the start signal and allow some very good Revolver Grand Masters to partake in the chance to win big money instead of fame and glory and 50.00 worth of product.

I like your 8-shot idea, but the match announcement is out. It is what it is. I'll be using 10-round magazines.

Edited by Steve J

I am not considering entering at anything other than a D amateur as I have an entry from my sponsorship. I was just kicking around the question of the skins and how a person could enter and try to win. (Gaming the Rules?) I was just looking at how Phil could get more people to shoot the match.

A theoretical question

If you finished 15th in the Nationals would you consider 250.00 Plus airline and lodging to win 1000+?

How about 20th in the Nationals and you have only shot an open gun or several years.

Just looking for your opinion.

I shoot for fun and not for profit. I like to shoot anything that goes bang. But I don't have the resources to travel to the Nationals to shoot and our sponsorship at the Nationals does not include a slot like it does at other International Matches.

Revolver gets left out.

not really, it says any thing legal in L10....a 627 with be just fine, it's just a shame they didn't have the guts to make a divsion for them, are they afraid of us? :rolleyes:

michaels

Sorry that I've not been able to reply, but I've been out of town with limited internet access.

Unfortunately, there's no Revolver division...or Open, or Production. If the match becomes successful in the future, then these will be viable additions to the match. As it stands now, there will be ONE division. Whatever you bring with IRON SIGHTS and no comp will be shooting against everyone else. Although one pistol won't have a considerable advantage over another (as long as it holds 10 rounds in a magazine), revolvers would be a bit disadvantaged due to round count and reloads. I wish I could make everyone happy, but that's just not possible. Luckily, Jerry Miculek will still be attending, and not with a revolver.

Now, as far as the match registration goes, ANYONE can enter as a Pro. There would be no classes among the Pro shooters. You would be shooting against everyone else who signed up as a Pro (ie Jerry, Todd, Max M, Dave S, etc), but not necessarily WITH their squad. I anticipate over 30 entries as Pros, and the squads will be limited to 10-12. On the other hand, competitiors who have finished in the Top 10 of select National Championships cannot enter as an amateur.

If you decide to enter as an amateur, you would be put into the highest iron sight classification you hold in either USPSA or IDPA. Although this will be a big money payout match for the Pro's AND a great prize table match for the amateurs, I can probably guarantee that you're NOT going to win enough to pay for your trip...then again, when have any of us done that???

I hope everyone can make it. The more successful we are with this match, the more divisions we'll possibly have next year!

Thanks,

Phil

FWIW, I shot the monthly 'club match' version of this event yesterday.

It was a blast, really, soooo fun, even though my performance was dismal.

If 35 shooters will slosh thru the mud at the the club match in miserable weather,

then I think the Nat'l Pro-Am version will be very well attended.

Great match, great concept, great facility, be there or miss out.

Does placing Top-10 in the last three Open or Revolver nats get a shooter into the pros? There's not open or revo in the pro-am.

Edited by Nemo

Nemo,

According to the rules any body finishing in the top 10 of the OPEN/LIMITED/PRODUCTION Nationals must shoot as a pro.

I guess any of the top revolver shooters that want to shoot as an Am can.

Good luck,

Nemo,

According to the rules any body finishing in the top 10 of the OPEN/LIMITED/PRODUCTION Nationals must shoot as a pro.

I guess any of the top revolver shooters that want to shoot as an Am can.

Good luck,

How about Limited 10 and Single Stack?

Anyway, according to the last 3 years Open/Limited/Production Nationals Top 10 lists, these are the pros:

Adam Popplewell

Angus Hobdell

Ara Maljian

Benjamin Stoeger

BJ Norris

Blake J. Miguez

Brad Balsley

Chris Tilley

Chuck Anderson

Dave Sevigny

David Olhasso

Emanuel Bragg