Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting with Heroes

AlamoShooter

Ever find a moment when you feel so tiny ...I mean the ones that make you know that you are just a speck in the game of life.

Like when you Know a friend wants to make a big shoot and he will not say any thing about it and take his kid to a ball game. The guys that don't go to ALL the matches are the ones that hit the top of my list on Life's score.

The moment of Tininess comes when you find out that you Have been shooting for months with a Real Life American Hero and, that they have the skill to shoot off of one leg to your two! And they can out run you with just one leg.

The every month guys that come out and start setting up days before and end up having it gamed to death on match day = and not complain about it.

The guy that gets new gear and it goes to his kid or his wife first.

The guys that may never move out of C class because they spend their time with their Wife , kids & family

but find time to come early to help with set-up.

I get lucky and win a small match from time to time, but I get to shoot with Heroes every place I go.

Watch-out or you could miss them

Jamie

• 1 month later...

And Now = The rest of the Story :cheers: Central Texas Shooters :bow: One of the Austin Shooters went the extra Mile to organize show of appreciation for our local Hero "James G." ...James gave a =Leg, an Eye, and 1/2 his hearing in OUR country's defense.

Dawson STI Dillon Starline Zero ShooterConection to name a few and all the San Antonio clubs pitched in to showed our respect so that Americas Hero can play the shooting games in Style with first class gear.

One of our forum members set up the entire thing :bow: {Houston In Austin} is the textbook example of a Gentleman. And is the guy that made it happen.

KGentry has Video of the presentation at the Bullet Hole range

JF

I get to shoot with Heros

Edited by AlamoShooter

I discovered some new found respect for the law enforcement folks today. I have always apreciated them; but today I was lucky enough to be on a squad with 4-5 of Las Cruces NM's finest today. Top Notch guys all around. Ones guys phone wouldn't stop ringing, everytime he came back it was another tradegy. Right before his last stage he came back from a "call"; it was a death of a minor and he had to go to work. (17 rounds latter he was off)

How the hell do you shoot a match with all of this going one? He had a great attitude thoughout. Overall a great bunch of guys to have a shoot with.

On my way home I had to pass though a Border Patrol check point and I coulndn't help but notice the black ribbon on the sentry's badge.

I've been in the USAF for 16 years and deployed 3 times. These guys "deploy" everytime they go to work.

They next time you meet a fellow in law enforcement, take the time to thank them. It escaped me that I should have until I got home.

And Now = The rest of the Story :cheers: Central Texas Shooters :bow: One of the Austin Shooters went the extra Mile to organize show of appreciation for our local Hero "James G." ...James gave a =Leg, an Eye, and 1/2 his hearing in OUR country's defense.

Dawson STI Dillon Starline Zero ShooterConection to name a few and all the San Antonio clubs pitched in to showed our respect so that Americas Hero can play the shooting games in Style with first class gear.

One of our forum members set up the entire thing :bow: {Houston In Austin} is the textbook example of a Gentleman. And is the guy that made it happen.

KGentry has Video of the presentation at the Bullet Hole range

JF

I get to shoot with Hero's

Watch the Video that is posted about James Gill for

James inspired me to put up this post & when I thought about how Houston La Clair was arranging to help James out.

I left out the part about James disability's

Edited by AlamoShooter

Great Thread Alamo. I put some of these thoughts in the Marine Post, But the more i have thought about it and talked to a few friends. One thing I have had yet to see and trust me it REALLY surprises me. I have yet to see a moment of silence during the Shooters Meeting at a local or a sectional match. I want to tie this into the statements made of appreciation by all present in this post. As a retired Soldier, I would love for us as an organization to make that a part of our "opening ceremonies". If we could just take 60 seconds and think about the Soldiers, Sailors, Marines and Airmen, who at that same time in some God forsaken land are seperated from thier families in service to this GREAT Nation. Think about that for a second fellas, we are thinking about reloads and stage breakdowns and these HEROES are praying to make it through the day. I would hope that many of you feel like myself and would pass this thought on to the powers that be and lets see if we can pay this moment of respect to not only this Marine, but all of those who are serving, who have served and who paid the greatest sacrifice in Service of this Country. If i have offended anyone by my dedication to these young Americans, you probably don't belong in this thread anyway.

God Bless this HERO and the heroes of yesterday and tomorrow

Anthony Pignato

US Army

87-07

Airborne

No need to turn a good thread into a political "them or us" rant.

That get threads closed by the" powers that be". Thems the rules.

WOW, was that really a rant? I had to reread my post a few times to see if I was. The powers that be I was refering to was the local people or those such as ourselves to take a few seconds to pay respect to those just like this GREAT American. I was in no way referencing any members of the Forum management. Sorry, if i offended you or anyone else. My intent was to AGREE 100% with Alamo and the work members of this organization have done for this young American and also appeal that we not forget the THOUSANDS who are are serving right now. That was it...

No need to turn a good thread into a political "them or us" rant.

That get threads closed by the" powers that be". Thems the rules.

WOW, was that really a rant? I had to reread my post a few times to see if I was. The powers that be I was refering to was the local people or those such as ourselves to take a few seconds to pay respect to those just like this GREAT American. I was in no way referencing any members of the Forum management. Sorry, if i offended you or anyone else. My intent was to AGREE 100% with Alamo and the work members of this organization have done for this young American and also appeal that we not forget the THOUSANDS who are are serving right now. That was it...

:blink: Political ? what you said will Never get a thread closed

one thing I read that I liked was ... ' If you honor one man you honor them all , if you show disrespect you dishonor your self. it was refuring to Men of Honor, and I do not remember ware I read it.

Edited by AlamoShooter

I think what Wingman was saying was he wanted to see more recognition for what our soldiers do for us. Especially at shooting matches where the types who hold their rights so dear congregate and have more of a tendency to show support for the military. There used to be when the war started but maybe we have become a little forgetful. What they have done for James is great and may have brought out those feelings again. Or at least made it more personal again.

I do not see where he ranted or was trying to get political. In fact it wasnt political at all, it wasnt about support for the war but about the individuals that do what they do and sacrifice for the rest of us, regardless of politics.

As one sometimes tasked with closing threads around here (an unpleasant task, despite what a few a few folks might think), I can assure you I didn't take Tony's reference to mean the BE Moderating Staff. I understood him to be saying we should bring this up to the match management staff, whether local, state, area or national level to suggest a moment of silence for these young men and women who richly deserve our prayers.

I had the pleasure of squadding with Tony at the AL Sectional a few weeks ago and witnessed his pride and love for these soldiers. I didn't for an instant take his post as political.

Good suggestion, Anthony.

I think what Wingman was saying was he wanted to see more recognition for what our soldiers do for us. Especially at shooting matches where the types who hold their rights so dear congregate and have more of a tendency to show support for the military. There used to be when the war started but maybe we have become a little forgetful. What they have done for James is great and may have brought out those feelings again. Or at least made it more personal again.

I do not see where he ranted or was trying to get political. In fact it wasnt political at all, it wasnt about support for the war but about the individuals that do what they do and sacrifice for the rest of us, regardless of politics.

Chuck, if I had read this first, I could have just said, "+1!".

Great Thread Alamo. I put some of these thoughts in the Marine Post, But the more i have thought about it and talked to a few friends. One thing I have had yet to see and trust me it REALLY surprises me. I have yet to see a moment of silence during the Shooters Meeting at a local or a sectional match. I want to tie this into the statements made of appreciation by all present in this post. As a retired Soldier, I would love for us as an organization to make that a part of our "opening ceremonies". If we could just take 60 seconds and think about the Soldiers, Sailors, Marines and Airmen, who at that same time in some God forsaken land are seperated from thier families in service to this GREAT Nation. Think about that for a second fellas, we are thinking about reloads and stage breakdowns and these HEROES are praying to make it through the day. I would hope that many of you feel like myself and would pass this thought on to the powers that be and lets see if we can pay this moment of respect to not only this Marine, but all of those who are serving, who have served and who paid the greatest sacrifice in Service of this Country. If i have offended anyone by my dedication to these young Americans, you probably don't belong in this thread anyway.

God Bless this HERO and the heroes of yesterday and tomorrow

Anthony Pignato

US Army

87-07

Airborne

Tony,

Well written, well done.

Dave

Edited by Airedale

benos(52), IPSCDRL(44), old shooter(57), redmist10(37), CURTM(46), R Lewis(46), 3gunnah(31)

Happy B-day all !!!

Brian, I like the motto at the Durant's place. Pretty cool.

Cheers!!

(redmist...I saw where Chad gave you an earlier B-day present last Saturday.)

benos(52), IPSCDRL(44), old shooter(57), redmist10(37), CURTM(46), R Lewis(46), 3gunnah(31)

Happy B-day all !!!

Brian, I like the motto at the Durant's place. Pretty cool.

Cheers!!

(redmist...I saw where Chad gave you an earlier B-day present last Saturday.)

Kyle, does this deserve a procedural or was it just a miss penalty?

:P