Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Petty Tyrants of Corporate America

EricW

I'm so sick of Company Trolls® -- it's unbelievable. I'm ready to walk out. Nothing can be worth putting up with this. I'd rather blow my brains out or live under a bridge than have to deal with this for the rest of my life.

Company Trolls® all seem to share the same common traits:

- Lazier than hell. 80%+ of their time at work is spent kibbitzing or screwing off

- Uneducated. Maybe a GED on a good day.

- They need to strut around and demonstrate how "stupid" you are.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"DON'T EVER FILL IN THE PRICE ON A REQUISITION!!"

"Uhh...then how would I get my boss to sign the requisition in the first place?"

"JUST DON'T DO IT! I CAN PROBABLY GET A BETTER PRICE THAN YOU. YOU'RE SO STUPID"

"Ever hear of the chicken and the egg connundrum...?"

"SHUT UP! YOU'RE SO STUPID!"

Oookay.... <_<

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"DON'T HAND THAT TO ME! PUT IT IN MY IN BASKET! DO YOU THINK JUST BECAUSE YOU HAND ME SOMETHING I'M GOING TO DO IT FASTER FOR YOU?!!!"

"Uhh...so where's your in basket?"

"IT'S RIGHT THERE!!"

"Do you mean the unlabeled, broken tray amid the middle of the giant piles junk on the filing cabinet located ten feet from your desk?"

"YES, THAT'S MY IN BOX! YOU'RE SO STUPID!"

Oookay... <_<

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"DON'T YOU EVER LEAVE YOUR CRAP ON THAT TABLE AGAIN!! THAT'S ONLY FOR RECEIVING MATERIALS AND YOUR CRAP DOESN'T GO THERE, EVER!"

"A. It's not crap. They're parts that need to be inventoried. B. I left them there because you required that I give you an account # on the form you required me to fill out. I went and got that for you. Now you have your form. C. That's the table you told me to place the parts on when I asked what the procedure was for placing them into inventory."

"DON'T EVER DO THAT AGAIN! YOU'RE SO STUPID!!"

Oookay... <_<

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've had my fill of this shit. I don't know if this is just a local deal, an 80 IQ with a GED and an attitude deal, or just the way Corporate America works. But I f'ing hate it. I can't stand this. It's just totally, utterly ridiculous. No job is worth coming to to put up with this shit all day.

So okay assholes, you win. I'm stupid. I didn't know about your bullshit unwritten rule. You're God Almighty. I'm a clueless doofus who isn't worthy of sharing your oxygen. Now go finish mentally masturbating and get back to work.

:angry2:

Edited by EricW

Go rent the movie, 'Office Space'...

I sympathise with your position Eric. I work in a company like that but all the failures have become managers. Scary as heck, my way of dealing with it is to work on my escape plan. With a bit of luck I can kiss goodbye to this madness in December.

Sorry. I had to rant, but now I can't delete the thread. I just hate corporate life. The little Napoleons have made ordering a box of paper clips and ordering a space shuttle equally arduous tasks. There's absolutely no sense of proportion involved.

I just can't come to terms with it. Maybe I will go home early and have a happier weekend.

Sorry. I had to rant, but now I can't delete the thread. I just hate corporate life. The little Napoleons have made ordering a box of paper clips and ordering a space shuttle equally arduous tasks. There's absolutely no sense of proportion involved.

I just can't come to terms with it. Maybe I will go home early and have a happier weekend.

I work in corporate america and have made a game of it. It is call malicious obedience. If they want reports, then give them so many reports that they beg you to quit. Same with reciepts and requesitions and anything else they require you to do. The key here is to do it with a smile and when 1 of them blows a valve, act understanding and sympathetic. After a while they will leave you alone. If you are better at the job than they are, it will get recognized and you will be elevated from this demon pit you are now in.

Just obey the voices, Eric..... It will all be OK if you just obey the voices.......... :ph34r:

:devil::bow::devil:

The ones telling me "clean all your personal belongings out of your cube, return the company credit card, cash out, and tell them to go screw themselves?"

I am often caught between a Napoleon in my own company and one in the company I am sent to service. That is the KING SUCK place to be.....

I hate them too, my real problem is I will not, cannot, and do not intend to accommodate them in any way. If my technical skills and customer skills weren't what they are my company would have thrown me out on my ass a long time ago. They "tolerate" me but that is about all. Piss enough of them off though and life gets better, they will either provide me with what I need or pass me to the correct person pretty quickly so that we don't have time to get sideways again. It is my customers that truly pay my bills and not the pencil pushers at the corporate offices, as long as the customers are receiving quality service and value for the money spent I have no worries since they will continue to support me.

I've had a few jobs like that... but fewer and fewer as the years go by--mainly because I simply don't have what it takes to tolerate that s**t any longer, even if it means doing WITHOUT a job for a time. On the other hand, I did have one of those damned-if-you-do-damned-if-you-don't gigs over last year and it totally sucked. I wasn't respected, I was over-used, then thrown out like a used paper towel. It was infuriating, unfair, unprofessional and so frackin' unpredictable each day that ALL the employees were spinning in circles most of the time, trying to figure out how to please the management. Enough of that.

I have a new job that is totally the opposite; and though pay is low for now, it's a completely professional environment that has no pretensions to anything and I'm actually appreciated when I do something!! Consequently, it's a pleasure to be a team player and support these folks. Plus I'm learning a lot of new stuff. God, whatta wonderful change.

So, there IS HOPE out there. It just took me a long time to find it. Screw the petty tyrants. They have a chip missing. <_<