Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Drug Problem

Nemo

Now if they would just leave the trailer trash like Brittney Spears out of the news it would help also. All you hear on the news are

stories about overpaid self destructive people like her , Anna Nichole and Keith Ledger. Who cares if they want to kill themselves let them do it, just let up with the pity stories about them.

Child abusers!

You may only be kidding, but unfortunately that is how and why we cannot discipline our kids any more.

What do you mean we can't discipline our kids? :unsure: We loose the ability of imparting discipline when we try to start too late, then that's when things could get to the ugly side of physical.

Don't know about you guys but when I was growing up I FEARED my dad. He would just look at me "serious" and I was ready to say uncle. You could've dared me with a $100 bill to tell my dad "Chill out, man", those would've been the words coming out of my mouth but in my chest it would've felt like I was telling him something really bad about my grandma... :( It wasn't until I became a dad that I understood that I actually didn't fear him, the person; what I feared was that I would disrespect or embarrass him because what he would say to me would hurt worst than the minimal physical contact. Yeah, he had that skill...

Nothing wrong with your kids fearing you a little. It won't scar them for life, like psycologists say. Nothing wrong with taking them away from the PlayStation, MySpace and MTV to make them rake leaves, mow lawn, change oil, wash cars, do dishes, etc... It's important part of the process of making them useful men and women.

The concept that kills me the most of modern parenting is the TIME OUT. I had my time-outs growing up, right after the spanking. My time-outs were for weeks of not going out, going to bed earlier than usual and work my ass off when the weekend came. How is it that now this is considered child abuse? Shrinks, psychologists, social workers, teachers, et.al that want to make us believe we are walking a fine line when we discipline our kids are the problem.

Anyway, the world doesn't need any more screwups and we should use any means necessary so our kids don't join the ranks of the Britney Spears and Lindsay Lohans of the world.

Sorry about the rant...

That's no rant, that's common sense!! <_<

We're all just puppy dogs that need housebreaking both physically and psychologically. A little Fear o' God ultimately engenders respect, both for ourselves and everyone around us; and--contrary to what it might feel like at first--it allows us to be truly free by the time we reach adulthood.

Yep they drug me off to all those places. Then they drug me off to cousin Lynns house to catch the chicken pox, another place for the measles and yet somewhere else for the mumps, all to get that out of the way before I started school. Its a wonder any of us ever grew up, but we did and you will be hard placed to convience me that I,m not better off because of it. I love and miss them every day, just thank god they were there.------------Larry

My grandparents raised me, my dad dumped me on them when I was 5 months old. When I was 16, I found out my papaw used to be a boxing instructor. The hard way. I learned more from that thrashing than I've learned every year of my life since.

Spare the rod and spoil the child. I only had to spank one of my daughters once. It just was never necessary again. I take the one shooting every Saturday and from time to time she kicks my a$$ on a stage or two. The other one goes fishing with me every time I go. Eldest one just would not touch a piece of bait- with a 12 foot barge pole. Every time some one asks me how I could consider spanking my children I answer "Because I love them so much."