Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1911 Single Stack Elitist Club

zhunter

I too request permission to join the SSEC. I have been shooting .45s since 2000. I was classified in L10 in 2000, and last year I got my classification in Single Stack. JMB's 1911s are my favorite pistol although I shoot and own many others, they are my favorite.

post-2054-1233451545_thumb.jpg

post-2054-1233453454_thumb.jpg

Edited by TM262

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I too request permission to join the SSEC. I have been shooting .45s since 2000. I was classified in L10 in 2000, and last year I got my classification in Single Stack. JMB's 1911s are my favorite pistol although I shoot and own many others, they are my favorite.

TM

I am aware of your shooting single stack, and we look forward to having you in the SSESC, but you must first submit a complete application, please refer to PAge #1, post #1 for application details.

ZH

post-2054-1233453454_thumb.jpg

TM

I can assure you of membership, of course it won't be official until Nemo returns from the WSSSC

:cheers:

I was classified in L10 in 2000, and last year I got my classification in Single Stack. JMB's 1911s are my favorite pistol although I shoot and own many others, they are my favorite.

I've been "away" for a while.

At the risk of tempting the mods so quick on the BAN!!! button, I will inject the slightest bit of sarcastic HUMOR HUMOR HUMOR HUMOR HUMOR HUMOR HUMOR into this post.

How can you be an elitist snob, and admit to shooting L10. :roflol:

<ok, I'm gone, see you guys in another 6 months> :rolleyes:

OK, if I am not banned in the next half hour, I may load images of my own swingle stack. I put three of my guns up for sale, and as I was taking the pics, fell ass over tea kettle with my Wiggans / Springer........ all over again. Nicest pistol by anyone I have ever seen or touched.

Yes, the gauntlet is cast. B)

Edited by dirtypool40

wait....

I've been "away" for a while.

At the risk of tempting the mods so quick on the BAN!!! button, I will inject the slightest bit of sarcastic HUMOR HUMOR HUMOR HUMOR HUMOR HUMOR HUMOR into this post.

How can you be an elitist snob, and admit to shooting L10. :roflol:

<ok, I'm gone, see you guys in another 6 months> :rolleyes:

IF you read this thread and not show up for the last couple of posts, you will see the L-10 is SERIOUSLY frowned upon!!!!

:devil:

Brother I lve you, you know that.

But 93 PAGES of pasts?!?!?!?! :blink:

And I KNOW I am in the SSEC as a charter member :yawn:

I ran the FL Single Stack Classic in 00-01, and shot "big boy pants" LIMITED with a no BS CARRY 5" and carry gear (yeah :goof: bitches!!) for the first 18 months when I started IPSC. For the first 6 months, with 8 round mags!!!

(Oh, and if that doesn't do it, remember I fixed it so you and Nemo could referee the World Oil Wrestling Championships in my Latina thread. YOU OWE ME!!!) ;)

Edited by dirtypool40

Brother I lve you, you know that.

But 93 PAGES of pasts?!?!?!?! :blink:

And I KNOW I am in the SSEC as a charter member :yawn:

I ran the FL Single Stack Classic in 00-01, and shot "big boy pants" LIMITED with a no BS CARRY 5" and carry gear (yeah :goof: bitches!!) for the first 18 months when I started IPSC. For the first 6 months, with 8 round mags!!!

(Oh, and if that doesn't do it, remember I fixed it so you and Nemo could referee the World Oil Wrestling Championships in my Latina thread. YOU OWE ME!!!) ;)

DP

That oil wrestling never happened.

Post photos of both sides, and you are in, as soon as Nemo returns from Arizona that is :sight:

Yup, that's what we all swore to swear to if your wife walked in swearing about something and asked about the oil stains. :cheers:

And besides, I started the 1911 Single Stack photo thread.... maybe pre-dating this little venture. :devil:

Pics of THE ultimate 1911 on the way

Edited by Merlin Orr

Yup, that's what we all swore to swear to if your wife walked in swearing about something and asked about the oil stains. :cheers:

And besides, I started the 1911 Single Stack photo thread.... maybe pre-dating this little venture. :devil:

Pics of THE ultimate 1911 on the way

Woops to nearly adding this to YOUR post...... Just meant to quote ya.... :ph34r:

Now for the trash talk.

Pretty bold talk from a man who keeps (nearly) sliding down on his ass every time he posts.... :rolleyes:B)

the hidden truth is I had to change my shorts after that run.

Now, painfully, I relive it every time I see my own avitar. :mellow:

Ok, to start us off, a 5" all steel in .45 ACP, lest I be accused of NOT being a purist snob.

Just back from IONBOND

post-551-1233456764_thumb.jpg

post-551-1233456805_thumb.jpg

and then we'll swoop on into a frame up match .40 built on Les Baer frame and NOS Enhanced Delta slide, BarSto, Brown, S&A etc, etc, etc. Custom Hogue grips with the Delta emblems.

NP3 and Roguard finish.

Yes, I'm a butthead and sold her..... DOH!!!

post-551-1233457237_thumb.jpg

Started to holler..Safe Queen until I saw the ION bond thing...

yeah, it's a hottie. My first frame up, full house, custom metal gun. I could bore you with details for HOURS!!! I kinda challenged Wiggans with that one and he really took teh bit between his teeth and showed off a little. Freakin' tack driver too, I was shooting 2-3" groups in the head of an IPSC target @ 25y last time I took her out.... and that was cheap Winny white box.

Moving on to one of our own. Here's a lovely, frame up carry gun, built by our own Venri / RadCat. Talk about showing off...

Vintage Springer LW 4" gun. Very crisp lines and markings. And then RADCAT got his files on it and it went off the heezy!!!

Check out how he ran the checkering from the MS housing right into the frame.

post-551-1233457846_thumb.jpg

post-551-1233457857_thumb.jpg

post-551-1233457871_thumb.jpg

Here's a somewhat simpler, Springer loaded in .40 from 01. Wiggans did most of the metal work, PaulW tweaked the trigger when I decided to take it racing.

I compete against that gun every weekend now....I'm still pissed I didn't buy it when I had the chance!!

DP how many of those guns do you still own?

Edited by steel1212