zhunter

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Errrr Does that mean your three are for sale :roflol:

Nope. They are also great back up guns!!!

Larry is staying with me. I'll never sell him. He's won too many matches!! Night train could be had for around 2K (unless I keep shooting IDPA--he's the only one that makes weight & is IDPA legal, but now that I have a mill.....). Jailbait and I have a special bond. After I rebuilt him, I have to see just how much abuse he can take before he breaks again.

Wrong!!!

Nice bit of snobbery there :cheers:

You know what......you're right. Those Les Baer guns are for beginners!!!

Blasphemy. Perhaps you could enlighten us where the other great 1911 builders and pistolsmiths fall in your oddly skewed 1-10 scale.

In no particular order (I'll leave that up to you).

Ed Brown

John Jardine

Terry Tussey

Bill Wilson

John Nowlin

Bill Laughridge

Bob Miller

Bob Rodgers

Ted Yost

Jason Burton

Paul Liebenburg

Michael LaRocca

John Harrison

David Williams

The list I did in haste. It is not all inclusive. I strongly suggest that my fellow snobs resist the temptation toward fanboyism and not denigrate or disparage any fine 1911 or its maker. If we snobs do not stand together, we will surely be divided and conquered by plastic and open gunners.

The list I did in haste. It is not all inclusive. I strongly suggest that my fellow snobs resist the temptation toward fanboyism and not denigrate or disparage any fine 1911 or its maker. If we snobs do not stand together, we will surely be divided and conquered by plastic and open gunners.

The fact that the list is not all inclusive is obvious by the glaring omission of a number of extremely capable pistol smiths who frequent this very Forum..... :angry2:

With that being said I most certainly agree to the above observation.

As one who actually shoots the 1911s I buy I will say that few of the above listed make guns the average shooter can afford or have any real chance of owning.

As one who actually shoots the 1911s I buy I will say that few of the above listed make guns the average shooter can afford or have any real chance of owning.

Oh, there's a chanch.

Persistently hawking those wares today aren't we? :P

Oh, there's a chanch.

Persistently hawking those wares today aren't we? :P

Just sayin... :rolleyes:

IF you weld up and recut that grip saftey I'll go $200.00 B)