Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1911 Single Stack Elitist Club

zhunter

Hello Single Stackers,

I am about to enter the ranks of Single Stack shooters. I wanted a .40 SS that was built the way I wanted by my local smith, John Larson of JPL Precision. It's finally almost finished, should have it to shoot in a match next weekend. I got to see it for the first time today and I knew that this was the place to show it off for the first time. The slide will be Duracoated for now, until I break it in, then I'm going to have it IonBonded for that two tone look. I guess I'm going to have to learn to count to eight!

Doug

post-8887-1232832550_thumb.jpg

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just read the rules for membership. Guess my L1075 will not cut it for three digits (although my original membership was from 1989).

Ah, the good ole' days, with one Division and only classes to tell the shooters apart. One National Champion ruled the day, and folks who wanted to make Master made the investment and competed against everyone who showed up.

Then again, there was no website, it took forever to get scores posted, and whether or not they were accurate of even received in Sedro Woolley was always up to debate.

Time to find some pistol pics...

Hello Single Stackers,

I am about to enter the ranks of Single Stack shooters. I wanted a .40 SS that was built the way I wanted by my local smith, John Larson of JPL Precision. It's finally almost finished, should have it to shoot in a match next weekend. I got to see it for the first time today and I knew that this was the place to show it off for the first time. The slide will be Duracoated for now, until I break it in, then I'm going to have it IonBonded for that two tone look. I guess I'm going to have to learn to count to eight!

Doug

Nice piece, John does nice work. What kind of sights?, give me all the details...etc.

Don

Hello Single Stackers,

Doug

Sweet. :cheers: John's work is exceptional.

Edited by baerburtchell

Hello Single Stackers,

Doug

Nice piece, John does nice work. What kind of sights?, give me all the details...etc.

Don

I wanted a SS that looked like the Springfield TGO, but in .40, because I don't reload and didn't want to have to stock another caliber at home. It has a stainless Caspian frame, checkered front and back straps and a brushed finish on the flats. Slide is carbon steel to be IonBonded after I break it in. Only has cocking serrations at the rear, like the original 1911 guns. Bomar style rear sight melted way down into the slide and fiber optic on the front. I had him flat top it and put on arrow pattern grooves on the flat. EGW fire controls and SVI trigger. KKM barrel, he recut the feed ramp so it will feed any size .40 ammo from 10mm or .40 mags. On almost every sharp corner on the slide he put a 45 deg. bevel! Cocobolo grips for that classic look or as my daughter said when she saw the picture "old school". I can't wait to take it out and put some miles on it. I'll post some better pictures (the first one is from my phone) after I get it home.

Doug

I hereby request permission to join the SSEC.

Kimber Target Match 45ACP.

Test fired on the weekend and found that we could hit Clay Targets at 100y with this thing 1 out of 5 times, bowling pins 3 out of 5 and the berm the rest of the time.

Real groups with 185gr JHP's were about 2" at 25y.

Test fired on the weekend and found that we could hit Clay Targets at 100y with this thing 1 out of 5 times, bowling pins 3 out of 5 and the berm the rest of the time.

Ahhh.. good start... Pictures of the gun from both sides..And... match results showing you have shot it ( a singlestack) in a match... :cheers:

Ahhh.. good start... Pictures of the gun from both sides..And... match results showing you have shot it ( a singlestack) in a match... :cheers:

As Merlin pointed out, you have to meet the application requirements, which are on page #1, post #1

My local club is putting on a 4 stage classifier match this weekend, so I'll be shooting Single Stack as well as L-10 this weekend. Here is my advance membership application, I'll post scores as soon as I get them.

My abused range blaster

cimg0003ba6.jpg

cimg0004gj3.jpg

My pride and joy

cimg0114ja1.jpg

cimg0115jq1.jpg

Edited by A62335

Yea L-10, I know, when I first started shooting USPSA I wanted to use my race gear that I used in steel shoots, so L-10 was the division for me. I now have a complete rig from blade-tech, so SS will be the place for me from now on.

QUOTE (Merlin Orr @ Jan 27 2009, 12:22 AM)

QUOTE (gm iprod @ Jan 26 2009, 11:04 PM)

Ahhh.. good start... Pictures of the gun from both sides..And... match results showing you have shot it ( a singlestack) in a match...

As Merlin pointed out, you have to meet the application requirements, which are on page #1, post #1

Fair enough.

But I would like to point out that if I was clever enough to work a digital camera, I would be clever enough to shoot a more unreliable and more complicated firearm. But I have children, so that will be sorted.

A match might be a problem for a while. I have a rotator cuff issue at present. But we will persevere.

Hello Single Stackers;

photo's are here..

post-16263-1233441073_thumb.jpg

post-16263-1233441088_thumb.jpg

match results here from Area 1 2008

match_results_SS.htm

Cheers.

:cheers:

d5357

I am sure that Nemo will have a number for you. He is in AZ for the WSSSC, so he won't be back until Monday sometime.

We look forward to having you.

:cheers: