Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1911 Single Stack Elitist Club

zhunter

Dear SSers - mea culpa for taking so long to display my lifemate's backside, but we've been busy plowing snow up here in Ideeho. And rest assured: for every moment of the two-hunnert-thirty-eleven hours of overtime I've earned in the last couple weeks on a 924G loader, my 1911's been on my hip the whole time. Such severe duty woulda broke a merely mortal man or pistol, sez me. PS - click on the pic for a larger image, and again sorry for the poor photo quality. My meager skills are focused elsewhere. Yes, that's a ClipGrip, and it works just fine.

post-16641-1230861941_thumb.jpg

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dear SSers - mea culpa for taking so long to display my lifemate's backside, but we've been busy plowing snow up here in Ideeho. And rest assured: for every moment of the two-hunnert-thirty-eleven hours of overtime I've earned in the last couple weeks on a 924G loader, my 1911's been on my hip the whole time. Such severe duty woulda broke a merely mortal man or pistol, sez me. PS - click on the pic for a larger image, and again sorry for the poor photo quality. My meager skills are focused elsewhere. Yes, that's a ClipGrip, and it works just fine.

Extra points for the ClipGrip...! Function trumps beauty. :cheers:

Welcome wunbadweel! :cheers:

Definitely some extra points for the clip! Takes a serious elitist to do the Mexican thing with the skinny gun! :bow:

MEMBERSHIP UPDATE See post 2220

Edited by Nemo

Fellow SSEC skinny-gun devotees: I am thankful to carry a gun afforded the honor of membership in such an organization. I can only hope to keep my training acumen sharp enough to do the old girl justice; she still shoots much straighter than my eyes can see. What's really cool: folks who recognize the place for Mexican-style carry. Here's the reason why my girl stays so close....

Many moons ago, I busted my foot up something terrible. It was during a moment in which I mistakenly thought a badge conferred powers of flight upon the bearer. Anyway, several years and surgeries later, I now have a lovely electronic appurtenance, about the size of a stack of business cards, sewn into my left hip under the subcutaneous layer. It tells the nerve damage in my bad wheel (hence the moniker) to shut the hell up and does a fine job doing so. Unfortunately, it's in a location that makes wearing a belt damned near impossible for more than about an hour. The issue became proper holsters....I tried numerous IWB and pancakes but found none that were reliable enough for regular concealed carry. So, I tried the Mexican carry mode with a Clip Grip, and still train to this day with the 1911 so carried. Yes, I must religiously watch for cleanliness and fuzz-fouling, but I do that anyway. Not for everybody, but it works for me and my Colt.

And to answer the obvious question: how many rounds can I fire before I have to clean the old 1911 ? ENOUGH TO GET THE JOB AT HAND DONE, or so my own experience has been.

Welcome Kyle O! :cheers:

Nice blaster! :bow:

MEMBERSHIP UPDATE

VOTING MEMBERS in BOLD

HONORARY MEMBERS in ITALICS

GS1: GARY STEVENS - THE GRAND SNOB :bow:

1 - Merlin

2 - ZH Chairman of Discipline Committee

3 - Aikidale

4 - Steve J

5 - Gentleman Jim (Pinky)

6 - Mark S18138

7 - IMA45DV8

8 - Alan Meek Chairman Committee of Liaison with USPSA

9 - Catfish

10 - BOZ1911 - Slayer

11 - Gman Bart

12 - Ladyinblue (The Brain)

13 - CSEMartin

14 - Fortyfiveshooter

15 - Nemo

16 - DMS42

17 - MiddleMan

18 - Airedale SSES Junior Coordinator

19 - Benny Hill

20 - Carmoney

21 - Sethmark

22 - Bill Nesbitt

23 - P.E. Kelly

24 - ddj8052

25 - 6-shot

26 - Dan Sierpina

27 - Grandbagger

28 - j1b

29 - Scout454

30 - Game Player, H.M.

31 - Michigan Shootist

32 - ChrisStock (a.k.a Lighteye67)

33 - Modoc

34 - Skywalker

35 - ExiledViking

36 - SV SHooter

37 - Steel 1212

38 - Slabbie Shooter

39 - 38Superman

40 - YSued (Director of Photography)

41 - Vagus

42 - 9x21

43 - Dubletap

44 - kgunz11

45 - TGO, H.M.

46 - Krautwagen

47 - Supercomp9

48 - North

49 - Ed Deegan

50 - GmanCdp

51 - Clyde

52 - hk_mtbr

53 - JKR

54 - sskp1

55 - Baerburtchell

56 - bp78

57 - Rob Moore

58 - High Velocity

59 - want2race (Chopper)

60 - gotm4

61 - webbo

62 - tpcdvc

63 - bigsaxdog

64 - JKSNIPER

65 - nashvillebill

66 - ken hebert

67 - T_Deegan

68 - Hopalong

69 - eerw

70 - bbbean

71 - 71Commander

72 - Rocket35

73 - Boss1622

74 - BNorth

75 - Loose Brass

76 - rrflyer

77 - Wunbadweel

78 - Kyle O

B)

Thought you guys might like the minor details of my latest classifier in SS. Pay attention to the percentage numbers.

SINGLESTACK Classifiers

Date Number Club Percent Entered

12/21/08 99-12 EAST ALABAMA GUN CLUB Y 70.1911 1/08/09