1911 Single Stack Elitist Club

zhunter

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyone read the new IDPA Tactical Journal magazine? Wilson Combat has a new "Polymer" framed 1911. :sick: Wilson is asking people to e-mail them with a suggestion for a new name for the pistol. They warn to come up with your best idea as you only get one entry. I sent in my vote for 'THE HERETIC'.

http://www.wilsoncombat.com/

Edited to add link, for your voting pleasure.

Edited by baerburtchell

Anyone read the new IDPA Tactical Jounral magazine? Wilson Combat has a new "Polymer" framed 1911. :sick: Wilson is asking people to e-mail them with a suggestion for a new name for the pistol. They warn to come up with your best idea as you only get one entry. I sent in my vote for 'THE HERETIC'. :roflol:

+1 That's perfect. I second that Wilson's plastic be named 'THE HERETIC'. I would offer something like 'THE ABOMINATION', but that's too close to something already being used in Washington. :rolleyes:

Merlin,

Captain and Diet Coke :surprise: That's just wrong! You abuse the poor Captain that way :goof: . It can't be much worse that Diet Pepsi :sick:

Nah, thats usually where my Captain morgan goes....or in Diet Mt. Dew. Its actually pretty good. Course I've found a new rum thats really good and cheaper than Captain Morgan.

sailorjerry_bottle.jpg

Oh and to make it somewhat 1911 related....Im finally gonna get to shoot a classifier this month!

I looked up Heretic in the dictionary, I think that is PERFECT

I sent them a name....we'll see if I win it :rolleyes:

Is that name suitable for public viewing ;)

He sent in Heretic:

heretic |ˈherətik|

noun

a person believing in or practicing religious heresy.

• a person holding an opinion at odds with what is generally accepted.

Good name for the item in question, but WON'T win the contest, mainly because they won't like it

This might be better placed in another thread, but I'm confident my fellow skinny-gunners will appreciate it most...1990's and my dept.'s team was competing at a po-leece olympics: my three mates had silly Teutonic polymers and I had JMB's girl on my hip. This was noticed by our stage's R/O, who snidely suggested we were seeking sympathy by keeping a piece of Old Iron in the crew. No sense rising to the challenge of the guy who's scoring the shoot, right? So I said nothing, and R/O went through the motions of demonstrating the stage with his longslided polymer wunder-gun. At the second s/a where one needed to shoot through chainlink material, our intrepid R/O shoved his slide through a section and buh-BAM flew a second round in perfect concentricity through the head circle of a no-shoot....moved to the next S/A where a plate rack successfully evaded a whole magazine of .40, and he shot to slidelock, wasn't carrying enough to finish the demo.

When the laughing stopped, R/O discovered chain-link material makes a great way to remove most of a plastic front sight from a steel slide under recoil, leaving a short lil pointy nubbin left with which one might try to aim. Way high and badly, I might add.

This might be better placed in another thread, but I'm confident my fellow skinny-gunners will appreciate it most...1990's and my dept.'s team was competing at a po-leece olympics: my three mates had silly Teutonic polymers and I had JMB's girl on my hip. This was noticed by our stage's R/O, who snidely suggested we were seeking sympathy by keeping a piece of Old Iron in the crew. No sense rising to the challenge of the guy who's scoring the shoot, right? So I said nothing, and R/O went through the motions of demonstrating the stage with his longslided polymer wunder-gun. At the second s/a where one needed to shoot through chainlink material, our intrepid R/O shoved his slide through a section and buh-BAM flew a second round in perfect concentricity through the head circle of a no-shoot....moved to the next S/A where a plate rack successfully evaded a whole magazine of .40, and he shot to slidelock, wasn't carrying enough to finish the demo.

When the laughing stopped, R/O discovered chain-link material makes a great way to remove most of a plastic front sight from a steel slide under recoil, leaving a short lil pointy nubbin left with which one might try to aim. Way high and badly, I might add.

NICE !

How'd you wind up doing against the plastic "wonder guns".

I call them "wonder guns" because with such manly weaponry available in the .45acp 1911 why anyone would choose a cheapo hunk of plastic truely makes me wonder.

Hey what do you think of this one coming soon ( I hope).

JK

post-14094-1234158134_thumb.jpg

NICE !

How'd you wind up doing against the plastic "wonder guns".

I call them "wonder guns" because with such manly weaponry available in the .45acp 1911 why anyone would choose a cheapo hunk of plastic truely makes me wonder.

Hey what do you think of this one coming soon ( I hope).

JK

In true po-po shoots where limits accomodated all us old 1911 and wheelie-gun shooters, I fared pretty well. These tended to be more tactically oriented than your average IPSC or USPSA stuff, and the emphasis was on doing stuff right with limited opportunity to make up for bad shooting...or, bad tactics. And to answer Steve J....the wun bad wheel's on the support side. Thought having a badge meant I could fly, you see.

Here's a somewhat simpler, Springer loaded in .40 from 01. Wiggans did most of the metal work, PaulW tweaked the trigger when I decided to take it racing.

I compete against that gun every weekend now....I'm still pissed I didn't buy it when I had the chance!!

DP how many of those guns do you still own?

Don't make me cry, man. :closedeyes:

Tough times.... TOUGH times.

Edited by dirtypool40

What hammer is on the pistol on the left?

On another note, in two weeks I will be sending off my beloved 12 year old Kimber to Springer Precision to get some work done and have it coated in IonBond. Scott says it will be gone for 6-8 weeks. I'll post pictures of it as soon as I get it back. It's at a local smith right now, after he is done with it and it goes off to SP, the only original parts will be the slide, frame, and barrel. I don't know how I will survive for 2 months without this gun; I have other kimbers but this one is my favorite.

What hammer is on the pistol on the left?

On another note, in two weeks I will be sending off my beloved 12 year old Kimber to Springer Precision to get some work done and have it coated in IonBond. Scott says it will be gone for 6-8 weeks. I'll post pictures of it as soon as I get it back. It's at a local smith right now, after he is done with it and it goes off to SP, the only original parts will be the slide, frame, and barrel. I don't know how I will survive for 2 months without this gun; I have other kimbers but this one is my favorite.

Extreme engineering. I like the sound it makes winning more than I like the sound of the Koenig hammer winning. ;-)