Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MGM IRONMAN 3 GUN

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a Norcal guy, but I just got in the house from Ironman. Without a doubt the best match I have ever shot! Burned tons of ammo, had a great squad, more fun than I can express in words. Great weather, great stages, great food, great prizes and great guys. I won't miss the next one unless I'm in traction.

Thanks to all the Staff, ROs, and my mates on Squad 6 - TJ, RJ, Emmanuel (who beat Matt Burkett to win the side match!), Tim, George (FOOK!), Pete, Jason and our range babe, Stephanie who documented our endevor for posterity. :cheers:

Besides all the cool shooting, this match is different because of the teamwork. Where else can you trash your guns on a stage and your buddies run you a fresh weapon and more ammo if you need it.

I don't have the official results, but the usual suspects were on top. The rest of us return home bruised, bloodied, broken (1 leg), humbled but extremely happy.

Good Show MGM!

Doug H

Extremely happy is right. This is the best match that I have ever shot. An IPSC match doesn't seem that tough any more but we'll see after Area 1 in a few weeks.

Like Doug I wanted to give a huge thank you out to Travis and his whole team of MGM'ers, sponsors and all the RO's. I've never shot anything with that level of cool from the RO side of the house. They really made a tougher than hell match funner than hell when it could have easily just been hell with no intervention required from anyone. When I first signed up I thought I'd just do it just this one year for the experience and probably never do it again. I was wrong, very wrong, and I will be back as said TJ, Tim and Doug, all of us first timers.

I'd also like to thank Jason L. for helping us all through it and keeping our gear running when our shotguns began to go down on day 2 and a big congratulations to him for coming in 5th or some where in there (where do we get scores anyway?). He was on que when ever someones shotgun went down and got Tim a second shotgun on the top of the hill at bunker 3 within 20 seconds and got the initial one back up and running and back to him. Tim actually needed a 3rd shotty up there, sometimes things don't go so well. In addition to that everyone on our squad was truely awesome and I had a great 3 days shooting with them all and making new friends. RJ of R&R, Peter, George and Steph of GSArms who stepped up as a last minute match sponser when another bailed. This was as close to a Team match as it probably will ever get. Because of that, 'this one goes to 11' and I feel very very fortunate for having had the opportunity to shoot not only this match but with them. Thanks guys and lady!

Travis, again a big thank you to you and everyone that worked hard on this. This is definitely a match that I will never forget . And call me a blind squirrel, but it was also a super bonus to beat Matt B. on the side match, killer!!!

Edited by EmanP

ok norcal guyz, how's the match?

John Bagakis won Limited... fantastic shooting, every stage the RO's couldn't believe he was shooting Iron sights.

(this is from memory)

Chris was 4th Tactical

Dan was 5th Tactical (10 for 10 on the long range stuff. 625M, 500M I think?)

Arnold (NorCal emeritus) was 7th

Andy (from Virginia?) shot with us and he finished well too.

other stuff:

Great match, great staff...

Thanks to Bonnie (Dan's wife) - just to keep Dan in line. lol

Andy and his wife Tami.. are some of the hardest working people on a squad I've ever seen. We finished hours before most squads.

Ira - for your first 3 gun match - great job. Also, worked like a dickens. Just, moving that dummy back to position for every shooter would've killed me.

Edited by BerKim

Jim "Crash" Sullivan and Tammy asked me to forward this : ) Another tribute to how great the shooting community is. Thanks to all the Ironman shooters.

Travis S. Gibson

Mike Gibson Manufacturing

17891 Karcher Rd.

Caldwell, ID 83607

Ph. 208-454-0555

Cell 208-869-2947

mgmtargets.com

MGM Shooters

Jim and I want to thank you all for your calls, prayers, and generosity.

We have always believed and known that the shooting community is made up of very extraordinary individuals and once again, you proved our theory.

No words can describe how much we appreciate your kindness and generosity.

All of it is so overwhelming and touching, and it makes us proud and honored to be a part of such a compassionate, wonderful group of folks.

For us, the MGM match is similar to a family reunion - you see most folks once a year, but you pick up the relationships and friendships right where you left it the year before. We treasure all of you. We also want to thank all of you who helped gather Jim's guns, ammo, gear, etc. It was comforting to know that it was handled and stored away safely.

Jim came home on Saturday evening. The surgeon believes that it went well.

His leg was a mess - put back together with plates, screws, pins, and cadaver parts, but he is already using a walker to get around and is able to flex and bend his knee well. He will be at home for a minimum of two weeks and then sees the surgeon for next steps. We know that he will be on crutches for about three months.

Thanks again for everything. We will keep you posted on Jim's progress. We look forward to seeing all of you again next year. Bless you all.

Jim and Tammy Sullivan

Hey Travis, Great Match (stages, RO's, prizes)

Do you know when the final resuts will be up?

Thanks

John

Thanks John. I am hoping they will be finished later today. Don't quote me on that though. I'll do my best, and when they are done, I'll send them to all the competitiors and post them here as well. Congradulations by the way!!

Adios,

TG

Great show indeed. I have been an RO for the Ironman for 7 years now and it gets better all the time. To sum it up for you. You get to shoot targets through a hole that is 20 yards away, shoot steel targets at 15 feet with your rifle, shoot from a usupended platform that feels like a canoe under your feet, shoot from a tower and then go down a slide that is 25 feet in the air, shoot while riding a zipline, shoot in the hellhouse, shoot two full autos on one stage, carry a damn dummy, shoot from a moving vehicle, shoot a 3 gun blind stage, shoot while driving a vehicle, shoot from real bunkers, and all while trying not to time out. Hell yeah! Sign me up for next year.

Thanks a bunch to all of the shooters, sponsors, and RO's who make this match what it is. Our shooters are the top of the class, they work hard and play hard and as an Ironman Staffer, we really appreciate it.

Hats off to the Shooters who handle the 15 hour days, the Parma Powder, and the Double spinners!

I'm still in recovery! What a great, grueling match!

My biggest complaint about Ironman is long, complicated stages and long days that begin early and end late.

My biggest compliment about Ironman is the long, complicated stages and long days that begin early and end late!

It just wouldn't be Ironman otherwise. There can only be one Ironman match. If every match I went to was like this, though, I'd have to give up the sport! My old body couldn't take it! But it's great to have one match like this every year. Let's me know I'm still alive!

My hat is off to Travis, all the Gibsons, the staff and RO's who work long, hard days in the sun to keep this thing going. And to all the sponsors, of course. I shot an awful match (even for me) and still got a couple hundred bucks of stuff in my prize basket!

I'm proud to have been on the Iron Maiden squad! What a great bunch of folks! Hope we can all get together again next year.

And a big thank you to Travis for helping me overcome my fear of heights! Sorta like overcoming my fear of burning to death by sticking my head in a furnace! :blush: After surviving stage 3, though, I want to do it again! I know I won't time out next time!

Great match! I'm not quite looking forward to next year yet, but I'm sure I will be within a few weeks! :cheers:

As one of the RO's of stage 11(Bunker Buster) it was an extrodinary experience running (literally) the stage. Some of you youngsters can run a lot faster than me. It made me feel my age. I had the pleasure of watching and helping everyone from D class on up to the top. Everyone had a great attitude and I would like to think I have made some new friends. Especially my RO mate Nathan. I look forward to next year.

Thank You Gibson family for an awesome experience!

Rick

Travis, Mike and the rest of the crew of Ironman 2008:

You are all a class act, I've heard glowing reports of this

years match and want to shout out to you

"THANKS FOR A JOB WELL DONE"

See ya in a week.

Tim

Travis, Mike and the rest of the crew of Ironman 2008:

You are all a class act, I've heard glowing reports of this

years match and want to shout out to you

"THANKS FOR A JOB WELL DONE"

See ya in a week.

Tim

Thanks buddy!! We appreciate hearing it. Looking forward to A1 and dinner!

Adios,

TG