Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Nationals

falconpilot

Each section is allocated slots based on the number of classifiers etc. that are submitted. Check with your section co-ordinator to see how you go about claiming a slot that they have. The alternative is to wait for the waitlist to be announced and put your name on it.

Custom varies from section to section but I'd suggest first asking your local club match director if there is a slot available. If not check with your section coordinator. If that all fails there will be waiting list information eventually posted on the USPSA web site.

:cheers:

Also check in your Section's By-Laws to see. This is what ours had to say:

10.4 USPSA NATIONAL SLOTS ALLOTMENT

10.4.1 After slots to the USPSA Nationals have been reserved for the Wisconsin Points Series Champions, the remainder will be given to the Section affiliated clubs based on their activity report from the previous calendar year. All unused slots will be returned to the Section Coordinator for redistribution at his/her discretion.

Sorry, I have to be the wiseass. To get a slot to the United States Postal Service (USPS) Nationals: first become disgruntled, then ask your postman for a slot. Couldn't resist.

Thanks. I really, really wanted to be the one to talk about going postal but resisted the temptation. :devil:

Sorry, I have to be the wiseass. To get a slot to the United States Postal Service (USPS) Nationals: first become disgruntled, then ask your postman for a slot. Couldn't resist.

DANG!! foiled again. your just to quick. :)

Thanks for the info....I'd guess that the post office wouldn't want me with my guns!!! Should have use spell check... <_<

Jim

DANG!! foiled again. your just to quick. :)

Is this true for all divisions?? I am also wanting to attend the nationals for the first time. BTW I am already a member!!!

Is what true? That the waiting list is your best opinion? Only if you haven't earned a slot by shooting in a points series or getting one from your section coordinator.

Or that you have to be a USPSA member to go to the Nationals? You have to be a member for any level II or higher matches.

How about a foreign shooter? Is the 'Waiting List' my option?

I'm making plans to attend this match (for the first time).

That will probably be your best bet- good luck. :)

First you need to join USPSA

Foreign entries don't have to be a USPSA members. They must be current members of their IPSC region.

See 6.4.1

Is this true for all divisions?? I am also wanting to attend the nationals for the first time. BTW I am already a member!!!

No. Both the Single Stack Nationals and the Multigun Nationals are first come first served just like any other match entry.

Will the current IPSC World Open Champion automatically get a slot to the US Open Nationals?

What would be the point of that? Slots are not that hard to get.

The USPSA Open Nationals Champion does not automatically get a slot to the IPSC World Open Championship.

I think the offer should be extended to the World Champions as it allows our national champions to compete with the world champions at several venues that may test different aspects of their overall skills. One match between the US champions and the reigning World Champions isn't enough. I'm not bringing this topic up to bash USPSA (I don't agree with some of their policies or decisions as many don't agree with IPSC or IDPA policies or positions), but I would just like to see the world's best shooters compete head to head many times throughout the course of the season.

I think the offer should be extended to the World Champions as it allows our national champions to compete with the world champions at several venues that may test different aspects of their overall skills. One match between the US champions and the reigning World Champions isn't enough. I'm not bringing this topic up to bash USPSA (I don't agree with some of their policies or decisions as many don't agree with IPSC or IDPA policies or positions), but I would just like to see the world's best shooters compete head to head many times throughout the course of the season.

I disagree. If the World Champs want a slot they can earn one like anyone else. Win at an area match or bust ass running a club and get one from their section based on activity count. A world IPSC championship has not necessarly done anything to support USPSA or its members and every slot we give away is one less for a USPSA member. That said, if any would champion wants to run a class for local USPSA shooters at my club in exchange for a slot - i'm sure that could be arranged.

Eric

Thinking out loud...what about:

6 month prior to the US Nationals, open a "preferred" enrollment window. You could enter during this time if:

1) You've been recognized at an Area match the previous year.

2) You've been recognized, and/or top 25 at the US Nationals the previous year.

3) You have been sponsored by your section's coordinator (give each SC a certain number of slots). This way a section can recognize a shooter who's really helped, w/out necessarily having won....

All of the above would be guaranteed entry and $100 off the match fee. The onus would be on the individual to enroll during this preferred period.

Also, prior to this period: courtesy invitations would go out to:

1) World Champions from the previous match -- 'cause why not? Handgun shooting is a microscopic sport, and if someone has to leave jingoism and pettiness aside....why not us?

2) IDPA National winners for the different Divisions from the previous year.

3) SASS National winners.

4) Bianchi cup winners?

Anyway - this would be a courtesy invitation with no match discount.

5 months prior to the Nationals, have "Open Enrollment." Handle whatever openings are left as usual; either first-come, first-served, or a lottery, and a waiting list.

It's *got* to be a huge headache (and expense?) for USPSA staffers to wrestle with the current slot policy, and, if I understand it right, you can just show up and have a pretty certain chance of entering anyway....